Accepted Make it so CI cant use spare 008 after a nuke

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
making it so CI cant use any more 008 after a nuke and they have to reobtain it legitimately

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
dont know

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
better server performance
more rp
servers not fucking unbearable to play at times

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
ci whining that they cant cause constant 008 breaches and absolutely destroy the server performance

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
it should be accepted because nobody likes fighting 008 breaches its literally the most boring shit ever
you fight overpowered 008 zombies and almost every time its just gonna be a nuke so then after the nuke people finally rejoice as they can actually enjoy the server and do what they were supposed to do which is RP but oh wait CI have yet another 008 that they are now gonna crash the server and ruin RP

just make it so ci cant use spare 008 they have after a nuke please servers not fucking fun when its just 008 breaches constantly

Oct 11, 2023
Idk it sounds like a zombie might have somehow survived nuke then. If it was 2 minutes after that is.

CI cant even enter facility until at least 10m pass or something idk.

But if a nuke goes off, all the vials should return since it counts as a breach. It sounds like that second 008 breach was a fail on some end. Full-RP reset is a full reset, no exception. Staff must have been sleeping thru the second breach if it happened as you say it did lmao.
CI injected civi's after the nuke, started sampling and a alpha stepped into a spore or somthing

+support
I can definitely see this make a lot of sense after a nuke
If CI manage to get a nuke, it basically means that they won - they shouldnt get a second try at it after already succeeding. The whole ‘rp reset’ thing makes it weird too. If it’s an rp reset, how do they still have syringes? Would foundation still know that they have syringes? Etc.

Also lowkey 008 breaches can be a lot of fun sometimes, but multiple breaches will usually kill the server and the second or third one will be more of a nuisance

As a past CI LTCOM, and current MCOM on the UK, i'll give what CO's know about this topic.

Lets CI exfil with.... I don't know, 3 008 syringes, and they decide they want to breach it. They use 2 syringes to breach it, and all goes well. A nuke goes off, and CI have done their thing. Now, CI still have a 3rd 008 syringe. What do they do with it? They got it fair and square, and why would they lose it after nuke? They keep their keycards, upgrades, etc, even after the nuke (Which is a RP Reset)

What's been agreed upon by the CI CO's on the UK (Past only breaching 008 around once a week) is that we would use that last syringe for CI testing and RP. Do a 008 sampling, test what X, Y, and Z can do, etc.

Now if the US CI are constantly breaching 008, and causing mass breaches of it twice in one day, they have failed as RP Leaders, and it should be addressed to their higher ups. And even based on the comments, I can't tell if this was a one time thing, or if this is a common occurrence or not. Although the sentiment is "CI shouldn't be causing 008 mass breaches multiple times a day", which is completely fair.

OK SO I DECIDED TO ACTUALLY HAVE A LOOK THROUGH CI RAID LOGS AND UH
1716015381482.png
YEA THIS DOES SEEM LIKE A BIT OF AN ISSUE

-Support
-US issue fr ong!!!!!!

+/-Neutral
-Although it is a US specific issue, it is one that (based on CI raid logs), seems to be affecting server health negatively.

Reactions: Aura_
+support /neutral

I'll try to provide a more productive response here. I agree that we should implement a limit on 008 breaches. Responding to @Bohemia ’s claim that "we want the UK to suffer" is not accurate. And also to @Niox ‘s claim of USCI just bad. The UK server was actually the first to have a daily limit on 008 breaches due to their frequency and the disruption they caused to RP (2022-2023 professionals playing as CI on UK was crazy of how good they are with chems also, huge respect to the top dawgs over there) . As a former UK CI during my time as a General in GOC, I had discussions with their COM when it was "tactician" and with the one before "tactician". These conversations helped me gain insights on leading a team effectively and maintaining a positive reputation for our faction. It's important to respect the server's development and roleplay experience. Being part of an opposition faction doesn't mean you can constantly disrupt everyone's experience for your own sake. (This isn’t blaming CI is bad because they are not, CI on us internally have been trying to show improvements and professionalism. But CI will have to face the problem of not considering a more “healthy” rp approach that generally of the player base wish for. Don’t ask me for answer on this cause I am also thinking how to improve.)

Ultimate question: to what degree is good for the growth of us in and better direction both in SL’s eyes and our reputation wise.

Breaching 008 as CI is indeed challenging, requiring thorough planning and complex tactics. You fail 7 out of 10 times. However, having multiple syringes to cause constant mayhem is counterproductive when roleplay is a key focus of this server. This practice halts the overall roleplay and storyline progression, dragging everyone down just so a certain group can have fun. This doesn't benefit both sides, which is why I think many people are unhappy about it. When players spawn only to die instantly from a zombie, or when some fail RP and willingly run into zombies, it becomes extremely difficult to manage the situation.

*Other then tossing the issue to saying this is just US only, we have all been there both UK and US. Why not figure out a better way for everyone other then just blame each other, that don't solve the issue. Just makes it worst.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aura_ and Gizzmo
As a past CI LTCOM, and current MCOM on the UK, i'll give what CO's know about this topic.

Lets CI exfil with.... I don't know, 3 008 syringes, and they decide they want to breach it. They use 2 syringes to breach it, and all goes well. A nuke goes off, and CI have done their thing. Now, CI still have a 3rd 008 syringe. What do they do with it? They got it fair and square, and why would they lose it after nuke? They keep their keycards, upgrades, etc, even after the nuke (Which is a RP Reset)

What's been agreed upon by the CI CO's on the UK (Past only breaching 008 around once a week) is that we would use that last syringe for CI testing and RP. Do a 008 sampling, test what X, Y, and Z can do, etc.

Now if the US CI are constantly breaching 008, and causing mass breaches of it twice in one day, they have failed as RP Leaders, and it should be addressed to their higher ups. And even based on the comments, I can't tell if this was a one time thing, or if this is a common occurrence or not. Although the sentiment is "CI shouldn't be causing 008 mass breaches multiple times a day", which is completely fair.

OK SO I DECIDED TO ACTUALLY HAVE A LOOK THROUGH CI RAID LOGS AND UH
View attachment 15760
YEA THIS DOES SEEM LIKE A BIT OF AN ISSUE

-Support
-US issue fr ong!!!!!!

+/-Neutral
-Although it is a US specific issue, it is one that (based on CI raid logs), seems to be affecting server health negatively.
The cancerous breach that happened with 008 recently was due to an alpha purposefully infecting himself then zombies were bugged and had invincible HP since we were sampling 008 :/

Status
Not open for further replies.