Denied Make SAS and STS models equal.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Novaz

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Mar 15, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Either change STS models to make them lighter or make SAS darker because STS is as dark as JAF and SAS is pretty light in comparison. It is very easy to see SAS if they are hiding on the make than STS.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't believe so I searched.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Make SAS and STS's player models equal in the stealth department. As well as making it an even playing field for both sides to try to find each other.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
It will make either SAS harder to see or make STS easier to see.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think it is fair to have them in the equal sense for their models because it doesn't give an advantage to one side over the other. I've heard a lot of people I talk to agreeing that they are too dark.

• Haha
Reactions: ZLT49A
Upvote -2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Nirvan

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 30, 2021
JAF is definitely not as light as STS, and I don't think making a player model brighter is gonna magically change your KD from the usual 15/50 to positive.
-Support the ones rn look good

Novaz

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Mar 15, 2024
JAF is definitely not as light as STS, and I don't think making a player model brighter is gonna magically change your KD from the usual 15/50 to positive.
-Support the ones rn look good
idk why you have to be rude about my KD, but it's not about that but okay.

Nirvan

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 30, 2021
idk why you have to be rude about my KD, but it's not about that but okay.
Removing everything unique about each regiment and their counter part because it has a slight advantage sometimes is dumb.
Both sides need to be unique, same with the gun change there's nothing different from each side.
If u really think its a big issue than all regiment should be balanced including JAF and SWB as JAF has the darkest player model.

Novaz

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Mar 15, 2024
Removing everything unique about each regiment and their counter part because it has a slight advantage sometimes is dumb.
Both sides need to be unique, same with the gun change there's nothing different from each side.
If u really think its a big issue than all regiment should be balanced including JAF and SWB as JAF has the darkest player model.
that is a fair reason, but before was mad uncalled for.

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
A friendly reminder to not argue on the suggestion as this can clog it up.

My personal response:
-Support

As someone who has played as STS and has fought against SAS, I can confirm that the player model does not matter. SAS have decently dark models which make it difficult to see in dark backgrounds, likewise go for STS. I dont think this would change.

MAXTAWAN

Jun 4, 2022
-Support
This definetly not needed, as far as I know both the skins are dark on highlands and easy to see. Not everything can be perfectly balanced as it will take away the RP aspect of it imo. It's the same with different regiments aswell the SWB engineer has a white helmet even tho the JAF engineer has way more black in it, that's just to name an example. If you want everything to be balanced you might aswell start playing on gm_flatgrass with TF2 models.

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
Suggestion Denied
Hi Novaz,
Your suggestion has been denied.
RC of a regiment must request a model change also the STS skin doesn't make the game unfair for anyone
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.