-What country are you from?: united kingdom

-Time Zone: bst

-Do you have a mic?: yes

-Is this your first application for Mapper? If not, link previous ones: non

-Have you received any bans?:yes 1 for harrassment about 2 months ago

-How confident are you with Hammer (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide): 6-7

-Do you have previous experience as a Mapper for GMod?:

as a GMod Mapper
For the past 6 months I have been working on expanding ways to improve my skills this is seen in the progress of the map i have made useing sound, lighting and advanced shapes. I have no prior experience in any mapping roles for any communities or people

- What source games have you mapped for and used the content of?: gmod hl2

-How many hours can you commit to Mapping per week?:7-12

-Why do you want to be a Mapper? What can you help us with?:
I want to become a Mapper because I've played MRP for a significant amount of time and have gained a deep understanding of the game's dynamics and environments. I have noticed several areas in the current maps that could be improved to enhance gameplay and user experience. By joining the mapping team, I can contribute my insights and skills to help refine and optimize the maps. Additionally, I understand that the current mappers have a substantial workload, and I am eager to alleviate some of that pressure by contributing my time and efforts to the team. My goal is to collaborate with other mappers to create more engaging, balanced, and visually appealing maps that will enrich the overall experience for all players.

-Which server(s) on Civil Networks do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to map for?: MRP

-Have you made & edited any map before? if so attach some images showcasing your map & edit

Screenshot 2024-06-14 140317.pngScreenshot 2024-06-14 140524.pngScreenshot 2024-06-14 140621.pngScreenshot 2024-06-14 140739.pngScreenshot 2024-06-14 140828.pngScreenshot 2024-06-14 141503.pngScreenshot 2024-06-14 141657.pngScreenshot 2024-06-14 141027.pngScreenshot 2024-06-14 141223.pngScreenshot 2024-06-14 141423.png

-List any ideas of new maps/map edits for CN that you would like to work on. Here are some ideas for new maps and map edits for CN that I would like to work on:

1. Base Optimization :
- Improved Layouts : Redesign base layouts to enhance strategic depth and flow, ensuring key buildings and resources are optimally placed for balanced gameplay.
- Building Relocation : Relocate buildings to reduce congestion and improve accessibility, making it easier for players to navigate and utilize base facilities effectively.
- Resource Distribution : Adjust the placement of resource nodes and storage to ensure a fair distribution, promoting competitive gameplay and strategic planning.

2. Displacement and Terrain Adjustments:
- Terrain Smoothing: Refine terrain displacements to eliminate unnecessary obstacles and create smoother paths for player movement and vehicle navigation.
- advanced Cover : Introduce natural and artificial cover in strategic locations to encourage tactical engagements and provide protection during combat.

3. area Portal Improvements :
- Portal Placement: Adjust areaportal locations for better map transport, to make sure the important areas dont lag the server without disrupting gameplay balance

4. Map-Specific Improvements :
Afghan: Rework the terrain to provide more strategic balance and elevation changes, enhancing combat scenarios. Relocate key buildings for better accessibility and balance
Backwater: Adjust the placement of key buildings to create a more balanced and engaging experience. Improve the layout to travel time between important areas

5. New Map Ideas :
better Urban Warfare: Design a map set in a thick urban environment with multiple areas, with vertical gameplay opportunities and intense close-quarters combat.
Forest parts: Develop a map set in a dense forest with secret paths natural obstacles and camouflaged bases, promoting stealth and ambush tactics

on working on these ideas, I aim to better the players time by providing well balanced strategically engaging and visually nice maps that use to various playstyles.

Last edited:

Aleem Abdul

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
May 16, 2023
+support but if you touch our maps DO NOT add more shit like bushes or anything like backwater, the reason that map is hated is because everywhere is literally black and you can see nothing, also the flow of the map is complete ass and cas is supreme

Aug 28, 2021
+Support

Over the past 6 Weeks, I have been teaching Alpha how to map. He has picked up knowledge at an amazing rate and has developed well as a person and as a mapper within the time. I believe that Alpha is truly sorry for his past ban and he deserves this role.

His dedication has allowed him to develop a strong idea of most things in the realm of mapping and with my guidance I believe he could continue and grow into an excellent mapper that supports MRP after my possible departure.

I wish you the best of luck alpha and I hope you get this role.

Thanks,
MRP Mapper Harry

Jamesbond

Oct 18, 2023
HUGE +Support

-This mans been mapping and working hard for too long now.
-Has dedication, got banned and kicked from GM. Came back and worked his way back up and still mapped throughout.
-W guy.
-LET HIM COOK.

-Told me to say this he has my family. (joke to be clear)

Lord_Fr3ze

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Mapping Team
Content Team
Jan 3, 2022
It seems you understand the basics of hammer, but with these given screenshots I can't really make out the finer details, Lighting Preview in Hammer does not fully represent to how lighting is on the actual map. So I'd be nice if you could provide actual screenshots from in-game.

And I am not quite sure why you put screenshots of a env_soundscape, hint face, light_environment and so on.

Other than that, it does look quite okay, but there can definitely be some improvements done to optimize the map further and reduce vertex/brushside count even more, like instead of making that trigger brush a cylinder like to fit the barbed wire, a simple cube shape would do just fine and save a few vertexes.

It seems you understand the basics of hammer, but with these given screenshots I can't really make out the finer details, Lighting Preview in Hammer does not fully represent to how lighting is on the actual map. So I'd be nice if you could provide actual screenshots from in-game.

And I am not quite sure why you put screenshots of a env_soundscape, hint face, light_environment and so on.

Other than that, it does look quite okay, but there can definitely be some improvements done to optimize the map further and reduce vertex/brushside count even more, like instead of making that trigger brush a cylinder like to fit the barbed wire, a simple cube shape would do just fine and save a few vertexes.
love to get some feed back maybe can call at some point for tips i was also limited by a max amount off screen shots
Awnser for the text "I am not quite sure why you put screenshots of a env_soundscape, hint face, light_environment and so on." Trying to give people a sight on what i can do

Last edited: