-Time Zone: BST

-Do you have a mic?:
yes

-Is this your first application for Mapper? If not, link previous ones:

-Have you received any bans?:
yes 1 recent ban for harrassment about 6 months ago

-How confident are you with Hammer (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide): 7-8

-Do you have previous experience as a Mapper for GMod?:
For the past 12 months I have been working on expanding ways to improve my skill this is seen in the progress of the maps i have edited for a handfull of small communitys under mrp.i have made gas chambers edited base layouts and edited displacements and more i may not be a 10 at this moment but i would sure try my best to get as close to that as possible i mainly concentrate on balanceing for nato and ussr making it fair for both sides

- What source games have you mapped for and used the content of?: gmod, hl2,

-How many hours can you commit to Mapping per week?:7-12

-Why do you want to be a Mapper? What can you help us with?:
I want to become a Mapper because I've played MRP for a significant amount of time and have gained a deep understanding of the game's dynamics and regiments. I have noticed many areas in the current maps that could be improved to enhance gameplay and user experience. And by joining the mapping team, I can contribute my insights and skills to help refine and optimize the maps. Additionally, I understand that the current mapper have a substantial workload, and I am eager to divide some of that pressure by contributing my time and efforts to the map and mappers. My goal to create more engaging, balanced, and visually appealing maps that will better the overall experience for all players. i intended to learn mapping only to work on cn maps and improve player gameplay to the best of my ability.

-Which server(s) on Civil Networks do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to map for?: mainly MRP as i play that the most but i dont mind helping out in other areas

-Have you made & edited any map before? if so attach some images showcasing your map & edits
below is a link to my edits/work as this the date of the post 13/09/2024 there is no new images. but im currently working on more edits and more images will be added some images are from when i started mapping so you may see some mistakes but all have been looked over and fixed

in the link below there is edits of maps that is a combination of my work and the original maps them selfs

in the link above there is edits of maps that is a combination of my work and the original maps them selfs being moved

-List any ideas of new maps/map edits for CN that you would like to work on. Here are some ideas for new maps and map edits for CN that I would like to work on:

1. Base player flow improvements :
- Improved Layouts : Redesign base layouts to enhance strategic depth and flow, ensuring key buildings and resources are optimally placed for balanced gameplay.
- Building Relocation : Relocate buildings to reduce congestion and improve accessibility, making it easier for players to navigate and utilize base facilities effectively.
- Improved performance : retexture displacements with a bettter fit resolution to improve player fps

2. Displacement Adjustments:
- Displacement Smoothing : Refine terrain displacements to eliminate unnecessary obstacles and create smoother paths for player movement and vehicle navigation.
- advanced Cover : Introduce natural and artificial cover in strategic locations to encourage tactical engagements and provide protection during combat eg planing of doing the sim room layouts. and this would include redudeing head glitching spots
- Ajustments to base camping : i will work on ways to reduce factors that increase base camping this can be done by makeing the cover 1 way

3. area Portal Improvements :
- Portal Placement : Adjust areaportal locations for better map performance, to make sure the important areas dont lag the server without disrupting gameplay balance

4. Map-Specific Improvements :
- Afghan: Rework the terrain to provide more strategic balance and elevation changes, enhancing combat scenarios. Relocate key buildings for better accessibility and balance

5. New Map Ideas :
- better Urban Warfare : Design a map set in a thick urban environment with multiple areas, with vertical gameplay opportunities and intense close-quarters combat.
- Forest parts : Develop a map set in a dense forest with secret paths natural obstacles and camouflaged bases, promoting stealth and ambush tactics

6. Sound Cues:
- Add env_soundscape outside bases that notifys players that your in signs: that alert players to the presence of someone camping in particular areas such as base camping

7. Alternative Routes:
- Provide multiple paths to key areas so that players can avoid or flank campers.

highland wanted improvements by players and some by my self
  • tree placements
  • I see some places that can be optimised
  • Train bridge could be better for vehicles displacement work
  • base needs a little touch with vehicle deployment area
  • 17thAR bunks near deployment
  • sim room layouts
  • towns could do with something new
Afghan wanted improvements by players and some by my self
  • checkpoint way to difficult to push from NATO side there is one entrance right in the middle of it with no cover.
  • the hill between settlement and border needs rework as its head glitching capability's is to good
  • many displacements need sewing on AF and east towns
  • base layout rework NATO base
  • no draw on cc building is on show so you can see through the building
  • border layout needs a change as from NATO base there is only 1 entrance and make a real way to get into border comeing from sett
  • needs displacement work on the top of mountain as its east to head glitch
  • the road going to checkpoint needs to be more clear as there is a wall blocking the way
  • rocks outside NATO base are to easy for Ussr to get on and base camp
  • add more cover in border maybe add a building inside
  • add more cover on the push to mosque and west town from ussr base
  • add more distance from NATO base and village so its equal to mosque as well reduceing base camping
Vietnam wanted improvements by players and some by my self
  • move/remove trees outside of nato base by the destroyed tank and are in the middle of the road
  • improve the bridges as they block vehicles if the get stuck
  • sew all the displacements on vietnam as some arnt sewn
  • ussr parking for scuds so its easy to exit base
  • remove cirtain bushes on compound
  • same amount of doors between server rooms in NATO and USSR
  • alot of bushes on WT needs to go playing ground on that point is horrible and not fun :D
  • We need 3D+, Dolby cinema, Real D Ultimate screen, MX4D, Onyx Cinema Led, Laserprojection, imax Dolby atmos 4K Cinema (dont ask me was on map suggestions)
  • interactable shooting range would be much better giveing you a score based on you aim
  • shooting range cave displacements vertices art mached up causeing lighting errors and visual issues
  • water fall divet is to steep for most vehicles
  • wider bridges

more details :
I have also have been geting invoved with the map suggestions page in discord that provide more detail on what the the community wants for the future of CN maps, many off the player suggested features of the maps come from the discord below

https://discord.com/channels/746788418465300532/872191314073120840

on working on these ideas, I aim to better the players time by providing well balanced strategically engaging and visually nice maps that use to various playstyles.

in the link above there is edits of maps that is a combination of my work and the original maps them selfs being moved

Last edited: