[Mapper Application] Douglas

Status
Not open for further replies.
+Support
I've been working with Douglas for the last couple of months in the SCP-RP staff team and he does amazingly in everything that he does inside and out of content. I've even seen first hand how hard he works on level design showing me some of his personal projects. He's a very hard worker and has an amazing history in the server. Overall if this application gets denied you are losing a resource that could be very vital in the future.

TrillzLit

Apr 11, 2024
+1 After looking at his work and doing some projects with him i think he will be a great pick for the mapping team

Raixin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Mar 17, 2024
+Support
How long till this man gets accepted ong

Yeke

Community Manager
Community Manager
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Application Denied

Hello @Douglas

Thank you for taking the time to write a Level Design Application, I would like to start by apologising for the significant delay in offering you a verdict and a response in this matter, however after much deliberation we have decided to deny your application at this time for the following reasons.
  • Within your application you show the ability to create maps, which is good in a sense, however, the creation of the map alone is one aspect, however within your images you have not evidenced your understanding of lighting, which is a key requirement especially when working on maps akin to SCP or the themality of the SCP Universe to create the drab theme it conveys, we would like to offer you the feedback regarding this area as in a few of your images it is just flat light with no directionality or "physics" showing how the lighting makes up the map.
    • We would recommend taking your time to study lighting from high quality maps that are made in the source engine for example: HL2 RP maps, where the atmosphere is set by the lighting, once you have taken the time to learn these skills, we would advise you to then pick your favourite map you have made from above and remake it with new lighting to show us what you have learnt in your next application.
    • Furthermore we would recommend installing Hammer++ to utilise their Realtime lighting previews and also use the ambient occlusion settings in the new GMOD VRAD
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to me and please do not let this discourage you and we hope to see your next application with what you have learnt!

Kind Regards,
Yeke

Status
Not open for further replies.