Mapper's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapper

May 30, 2023
Your in-game name: James "Mapper" A ||| Samuel Smitherins ||| Jay "Æsir" A

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:170131538

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198300528805/

Date of ban: 6/7/2023

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Farming [A]

Who banned you: "Hacker"

Ban length?: 1 Day

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: Just to be safe, I will no longer +right while eating dinner.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? I have been warned on completely separate occasions for FailRP.

Why should you be unbanned: Because they considered doing +right for 20 minutes "farming" and "using a macro." I believe the punishment I was given for my actions is completely unreasonable, and should be a kick at most. I also spoke with the staff member who banned me in Teamspeak after contacting a senior moderator for assistance, and he said that the action of afking for 20 minutes being a ban able offense should be common sense, and that I could have been banned for a week for macroing. Along with this, the senior moderator who helped me contacted a community supervisor and informed me the CS also believed that being kicked was the highest form of punishment reasonable for my situation. And, after reading over all SCP-RP rules, I do not see a section regarding the action of AFKing, so I assumed it was ok at the time of me AFKing.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I will make sure and read over the rules again to make sure I understand what is listed there.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
Because I very much enjoy roleplaying there, and I care about my status on the server.

Last edited:

Jackmaze

Nov 19, 2022
Hello,
I do apologize for the miss understanding. This ban was issued due to me knowing incorrect information at the time regarding our afk policy and me not reviewing our updated afk policy. Again I do apologize for this miss understanding.
Jack Bulldog

Jason Taylor (Cirenmatt)

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 12, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Mapper ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After looking over everything and talking to some other staff members I have decided to accept this ban appeal. The staff member has been spoken to about the change in the afk policy, and I am deeply sorry that this has occured.

I will unban you as well as remove it from your history.

Have a good day!
Jason.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.