Not open for further replies.

Mason Connector

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Aug 13, 2023
Your in-game name: Mason "Connector" Ashura
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:150599083

Ive attempted to make this forum as easy to read as possible without irritating your eyes ^^

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/MasonAllTheTime/
Date of ban: Aug 13. 2023
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): "Severe Toxcivity/LTAP"
Who banned you: "Nexo" Bellta" STEAM_0:1:149369709
Ban length?: 4 days
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Actually having an admin understand that i said a single word in the heat of a moment and apologised for it after when it was brought up again
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? I've been warned 2 times and kicked 1 time almost a month ago
Why should you be unbanned: Because I admitted my mistake when I said something that hurt another person's feelings. Also tried explaining how looking at my previous conducts where i haven't been warned before for doing such a thing they should take that into account and also me apologised immedietely when i see the person that i had insulted before anything even gets said. As soon as i said what i said i kept my mouth shut because i was already dissapointed that i insulted the person and didnt want to escalate the situation further
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I am very sure that i won't break any other server rule because the last time i had been warned for doing such thing was almost a month ago where i have been behaving myself properly since then.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I enjoy the server and the community, i also get happy seeing the progress i make during my playtime here and see myself getting awarded for it. I just see this as a misunderstanding of both sides and that something very unessecary had happened. I even asked for a higher ranked admin to look into the situation but there wasnt

Also another thing is, For some reason they decided to add even more ban reasons when i had acted properly and respectfully during my sits, even adding LTAP?? Because i was waiting patiently for the admin to ban me but he was just standing there, just wasting my time as i was waiting for a higher up to come by.

In the following clips you can see the admin that was having the sit completely ignoring the questions i was asking regarding the sit. And I was utterly taken back by how non caring the admin was because i expected him to hear both sides of the sit . Also another thing is, how did the ban go from 2 days to 3 days and now to 4 days. You can see how the admin was raising the ban even higher for absolute no reason when i was respectfully trying to discuss with him about the situation but he decided to not care at all about what i have to say, and it wasnt even a proper sit. It was just him saying what he wanted to say and not hear me out.

To whoever decides my appeal on this forum, please understand how I feel throughout the situation because having a admin ignorant enough to not listen to the person thats been reported during a sit is nothing less than stupid. Thats why i asked for a higher ranked admin but there was none. I want to come off as respect but as honest as possible and this is the way ive decided to do it. Thank you

Holland

Donator
Aug 27, 2022
Hey Mason,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a ban appeal.
In the following clips you can see the admin that was having the sit completely ignoring the questions i was asking regarding the sit. And I was utterly taken back by how non caring the admin was because i expected him to hear both sides of the sit . Also another thing is, how did the ban go from 2 days to 3 days and now to 4 days. You can see how the admin was raising the ban even higher for absolute no reason when i was respectfully trying to discuss with him about the situation but he decided to not care at all about what i have to say, and it wasnt even a proper sit. It was just him saying what he wanted to say and not hear me out.
A Report was made by a player named Miek Davis named Just got called the F slur, After hearing his story and watching the clip i concluded that you did say the F slur towards him. I brought you into the sit asking you why you said the F slur to him. Your response was : " What is the f slur, oh that I'm LGBT myself so". After you realise you can't say the f slur. you apologise towards Miek with the words "i would like to apologise for calling you the F word. i hope you accept my apology and was busy milking 323 can I get back. " After I asked Miek if he accepts your apologies in PM. I shouldn't have done this and just directly ask him so you can see it as well. My reason for pm ing him was. Knowing Miek had a language barrier and sometimes speak Dutch to me. After a brief moment, miek said you (Holland) decide.

During this sit, I was carefully reading your message that's why i was not typing because I was still reading your messages shown in this clip. clip 1 I wasn't ignoring you or non-caring towards you. i listen closely to what you said and typed during the sit. Maybe my way of speaking towards you sounds non-caring if that is so i apologise this wasn't meant this way. I waited until you were done typing. I asked you do you want to escalate the sit. you said yes, unfortunately, there wasn't a Hmod+ on so I redirected you to the forums. After that, you stated the following words ss. and left the game. I don't see how I can answer your questions if you leave the server.

I want to clarify that I stated the ban would be for 3 days, not 2. Unfortunately, when you left the server during the sit, I was unable to ban you due to certain restrictions. However, based on my observations, it appeared that you were trying to avoid punishment (Ltap). I waited for 10 minutes to see if you would return, but you did not. As a result, I asked a Senior moderator to issue a ban for 4 days due to severe toxicity and Ltap.

I don't think your apology to him was sincere. The words you used and the way you rushed through your apology made it seem insincere. As a consequence, I have issued a 3-day ban plus an additional day for Ltap.

I hope this clarifies things for you.
Best regards,
Holland.

PS (I wanted to request that you change the banning admin to me, Holland, with the Steam ID STEAM_0:1:506528183. Nexo executed the ban on my behalf. Thank you!)

Mason Connector

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Aug 13, 2023
It would make more sense to have A H-Mod take care of this rather than the person who was doing the sit. That's more appropriate IMO, as i said with me leaving, you could do numerous things which was dm me in the Civil network discord server which you did not wanna go to the length for some odd reason.

Again you were stalling with banning me which led to me leaving because that would not occur any issue. As with LTAP i've also never been banned or warned for that so that is your own failure of judgement.

It'll be more appropriate for a H-Mod to see this through

Kinda doesn't make sense for me to make a appeal when you are the one telling me to, and then you are also the one that handles it.

Seems very biased.

Holland

Donator
Aug 27, 2022
Hey Mason,
It would make more sense to have A H-Mod take care of this rather than the person who was doing the sit. That's more appropriate IMO, as i said with me leaving, you could do numerous things which was dm me in the Civil network discord server which you did not wanna go to the length for some odd reason.
I didn't send you a direct message on Discord because I believe it's unnecessary and time-consuming. Personally, I have never seen anyone DM people who leave or go LTAP and ask them to come back. Additionally, I didn't mention Discord and certainly didn't want to rush the situation/Sit.
Again you were stalling with banning me which led to me leaving because that would not occur any issue. As with LTAP i've also never been banned or warned for that so that is your own failure of judgement.
I mentioned earlier that I took my time to read and answer your questions. However, assuming you didn't want to wait, you left. I waited 10 minutes for you to rejoin. Then I asked a senior mod to ban you in my name. As staff, we have been provided with guidelines for punishments for each rule. I always make sure to follow these guidelines. The first offence typically results in a one-day ban. (Guidelines public to everyone).
Kinda doesn't make sense for me to make a appeal when you are the one telling me to, and then you are also the one that handles it.

Seems very biased.

I believe there may be a misunderstanding. I am here to provide my perspective and rationale for why I had to enforce a ban on you.
A member of the server's leadership team (Admin+) will provide their verdict and opinion on this appeal or situation. Rest assured that I am not biased against you.

Hope this helps
greetings,
Holland

RedBubble55

Jun 21, 2022
West Midlands, UK
Appeal Denied

Hi @Mason Connector ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

You were clearly toxic towards this player and called him a slur that was uncalled for, and said it was fine due to being LGBT yourself. This is not an acceptable excuse, this is clear severe toxicity due to being aimed at a player and aiming to be hateful.

Staff will sometimes DM people if they went off before going to a sit, but due to yourself not having patience with the sit and just leaving midway through when Holland was ensuring he was going to make the right decision and see if this was severely toxic by speaking to the player privately. The LTAP is also valid.

You may re-appeal in 2 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.