Denied Massively shrink HCZ, or add signs

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosey | Curious

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Jul 20, 2021
What does this suggestion change?:
A huge HCZ Map Rework. I miss old HCZ. I miss not getting lost in corridors and cupboards trying to find fucking anything. I realize it is possible to learn the locations, but I'm approaching 100 hours on the server and still cannot find ANYTHING down there. If I'm on SCP, I get lost breaching and have to pull up a map. If I'm on MTF, I get lost RCing and have to pull up a map. The fact that a large number of players have to rely on a 3rd party map is telling of the design quality of the corridors. There are specific issues with the map design that should be at least considered.

1) No need for two levels. The maze is complex enough without having to consider the 3rd dimension, and it makes the entire thing a goddam nightmare to navigate even directionally. I realise there are a lot of chambers to fit into the map, but they could be literally right next to each other and cause next to no issues

2) Stop having windy circles. Just use straight corridors, have a grid or something. The whole network feels like an ant on adderal was given a boring tool and told to go mental. Why does every single corridor bend and turn seemingly at random, instead of following a pattern

3) Add some goddam signage. There are a handful of exit signs, and the rest of the whole area is blank grey corridors with randomly placed doors to SCP chambers. Have signs pointing to the chambers at the obnoxious number of crossroads, and have exit lighting or arrows so people stop getting lost

4) Shrink the whole thing. This goes back into point 1, but some of the corridors are like 100m long and add nothing to the server. Its just space for the sake of space at that point, and it means even if you by some miracle have learned the intricate web of shit, you still take a full year to run anywhere

Has this been suggested before?:
Not that I'm aware of

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
If the HCZ was shrunk, raiding would be easier for CI. It would also make responding to raiding easier for foundation, as you wouldnt have to spend 5 minutes running from one end to another. It would make breaching less of a chore, but also easier to contain. With the ammount of random turns and twists, SCPs can easily give MTF squads in HCZ the slip. It would also make the whole experience easier for newer players. MTF Enlisted, and even (god forbid) GENSEC reguarly get totally lost in HCZ. Research groups can double the experiment time simply finding the SCP Chamber.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
It would most likely be useful for SCP Mass Breaches, either by CI or other SCPs. This would allow them to run to each others rooms faster. This could however be balanced out by increasing hack times or breach time (they are long enough imo but thats just an example). This would also be a large scale change, and would take a lot of development, which isnt great when all it does it change an exisiting map structure.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It really is agony down here. For new players it makes playing in HCZ impossible, and I reguarly see older players not really enjoy it either. The only people who I can see being against this are people who have put in the enormous effort to learn the HCZ, but I really do ask you consider most people play this game casually

Wonka

Donator
Jul 29, 2022
-support

Considering the amount of SCPs in HCZ currently, it would be kinda dumb to make it smaller. At least this gives them more space to roam around. The layout is not that complicated at all after a couple of visits in HCZ.

Douglas

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Aug 7, 2023
Canada, ey?
-Support Map Change
+Support Signs

It just takes some time to learn how to navigate hcz, an interactive map or signage would be great.

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
On UK server, some new signage has been added. If any more is needed or changes need to be made, I imagine we can just ask Broda or someone else to add more/change them. Might be possible on the US server as well if y'all want to ask an admin/SGM or something to add them.
They ain't perma propped yet, waiting for Senior Admin+

Reactions: Zen

Holland

Donator
Aug 27, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Picklee ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We believe that the size of Heavy Containment Zone is appropriate. It would take too much time for our mapping team to recreate or rescale HCZ, especially when we recently received one.

Note: We will look into the signs for heavy containment zone, but we cannot guarantee it.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.