Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappy

Jan 14, 2023
United States of America
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:66083817
Discord name: orcadewg
For how long have you played on CG SCP:

I have been a part of CG SCP RP since January of 2023 and have been playing on and off since then until recently where I've gotten back full swing into what I've wanted to do. I have 417 hours on the server, and went under a different name before this, which was Buddygong.

In what country are you located?: United States

Time zone: Eastern Standard Time

Character name(s): Maxwell "Cappy"

Civilian name: Terry "WAN" Brown

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
I am applying for Executive Researcher on SCP-RP USA.

Do you have a mic?:
  • I do.
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
  • I have not held any other ranks, whitelisted or not.
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
  • I recieved a FearRP warning for forgetting that you have to comply under gunpoint, since it was my first time back in a while.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
I'm applying for Executive Researcher, since I've made great strides to wish to push the department into a state of a certain golden age. I want to teach other Researchers on how to write effective documents, to be able to guide other Researchers how to do everyday things and be effective with their work, and much more. I'm applying because I want to help, added benefits are being able to test on things without needing to ask for Clearance 4 approval every time, but that part is the least of my concerns.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:

I make a great fit for Executive Researcher, because I put in the work that you know no one else will put in when creating documents and make an effort to creative a positive environment wherever I go. I am willing to teach new Jr. Researchers on how to appropriately test on D-Class subjects, and how to properly fill out documents. I'm also willing to make slideshows and lectures for Researchers on how to be a better Researcher so to speak. I feel as though my willingness to help other learn and make them feel like they understand what they're doing better is always a positive outlook for a department. I've already done this countless times, because my nature to help others is always abundant in nature.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?

I have written 5 Excellent-Graded documents over the past couple days. (More than that got wiped Pre-HCZ update, that were also excellent.)

What makes a document excellent is the formatting and the look of the document. Every document has a:
  • Index
  • SCP Description(s)
  • Methodology/Procedure (If the test is not self-explanatory.)
  • Goal of Study
  • Hypothesis
  • Findings
  • Conclusion
  • Authorization
An index shows all the pages within the document, the Description gives an overview of the SCP you'll be using in the research, Procedure is for when a test is super convoluted and has a bunch of steps that need precise instruction for anyone else to understand. Goal of study is self-explanatory, Hypothesis is what you think will happen during the tests and is written before the findings. Findings are for what you found during the test that you write after, and goes hand in hand with the hypothesis. The conclusion would be your final thoughts on the matter and what you think you've gained from this test and any other notes. An authorization page is a page that goes on documents that need specific approval from people who have a clearance level above you. If you are doing a CL2 test as a CL1, you'd need to get authorization and supervision on that test from a CL2, and they could sign your document for you.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:

The responsibilities of an Executive Researcher in RP are to host lectures, approve documents that need authorization to be done such as cross tests or CL4 tests. They are also held to the Code of Conduct and the Code of Ethics are meant to uphold them at all times, and help others who are uneducated follow them as well. Executive Researchers are also meant to help others learn and understand the ropes of the Research Department and be eager to help anyone who's willing to learn more about how they can improve and possibly climb the ladder faster. It's also important that when approving documents you read them over to understand what they want and why they're doing it before they can be approved. "For Science!" is not a valid argument to sample 106 for example.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Maxwell "Cappy" was, before this, a Marine Biologist and worked tirelessly to make conditions humane for all marine life he worked with, even working on things to hopefully bring technology such as understanding aquatic animals to a reality in his spare time apart from work. After significant work in that department, he was given an opportunity to work at the foundation as a Sr. Researcher which he greatly took. The pay was good, and not to mention the things he'd be working with? Insane. Maxwell was always ready for a challenge.

During his time here, Maxwell has grown very fond of SCP-079 and likes to make company with them which no doubt the Dpt. Director Ivy has taken great notice of with his recent excellent document surrounding an interview of SCP-079. He sees 079 as another one of his passion projects, maybe he could make that computer feel so much more than just a relic waiting to be terminated. He knows what it's like to be left alone to rot at a young age, as his parents didn't give him the time of day... So busy, yet so rich. You just never get the attention you want from them, like love and compassion.

La Femme Rosé

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
May 9, 2022
+ Support

I have spoken with him on numerous occasions at Site-65. He appears fairly often and is also very competent at his job. I would absolutely love to work alongside this man. He has potential to do great things in this facility.

- Executive Researcher Ms. Halo, Site-65

Reactions: Cappy

Driver

Sep 8, 2023
+support
I don't really play researcher but I see him online all the time.
I saw you at a CRB lecture and you seemed to be interested in that lecture, asking questions and doing well overall.

Hope you get exec man, you got this.

Reactions: Cappy

Skyfire1355

May 30, 2023
+Support
Really enthusiastic about their work. Provides good research RP. I believe he would be a great member of the Research Command team

Dr. Ternith Plague

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Dec 13, 2023
[FROM THE OFFICE OF DIRECTOR AKURA OVAISS]

Hello, Mr. Cappy

Thank you for your interest in the position of Executive Researcher.

We have decided to elevate you to the interview phase of the application process.

Please schedule a time with me to begin your interview through my email.
(dr_ternith_plague)​

Dr. Ternith Plague

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Dec 13, 2023
[FROM THE OFFICE OF RESEARCH DIRECTOR OVAISS]

Mr. Cappy.

Thank you for submitting an application expressing your interest in the position of Executive Researcher.

We, as a team, have decided to ACCEPT your application.

Please get in touch with me for your orientation date.​

Status
Not open for further replies.