MC&D Job change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion is to set up MC&D to have the same system D-Class Type-Blue has where the job is randomly unlocked for people to clock on and then locked with a cooldown to it.

Maybe Create a job refund system for MC&D for people who get RDM'd by civs or get into bullshit situations and lose their chance to roleplay as MC&D

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
- I Don't believe so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Would make MC&D harder to get on which makes the job more valued given their purpose is to sell highly desired weapons.
- would effectively cut off MC&D throwing away their life to get a goofy back to back raid in for the laughs.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Dev time to despite the coding already existing but for a different job.
- under current refund rules / powers MC&D who get fucked on wont be able to get refunded
- Job slot would be wasted if access permits are not given from either of the GOI's

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I feel this should be accepted as MC&D is currently an issue (on the USA at least) where constant lacklustre players get on the job to RDM with powerful weapons or fail RP raid back to back because "killing foundation funny".
This would not be an immediate or all around fix however it would be a good filter for the most lacklustre players who are just there to cause issues for others.

Painter

Jun 18, 2023
[REDACTED]
-support

I mean you already have to pay 80 USD to have the job. If they aren’t RPing after spending 80 USD on an RP server, then there is no hope, adding a cooldown won’t fix that.

If someone is minging on the job by raiding or rdming, report them and have them warned or banned.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
-Support
this is a paid job. i agree that something should be done about what you outlined, but adding an extra barrier to entry for this is not really a good solution to it. as it stands, people should really be more inclined to play MC&D better if they're paying for the job, but generally if they're fucking around, they are still subject to the rules & staff sits like everyone else.

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
-support, a better system would be to job-ban people from MC&D after dying on the whitelist, like D-Class Scout and Brute + increasing the raid cooldown timer.

For example a 45 minute to 1 hour ban after death.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
-support, a better system would be to job-ban people from MC&D after dying on the whitelist, like D-Class Scout and Brute + increasing the raid cooldown timer.

For example a 45 minute to 1 hour ban after death.
...that might work, actually. +Support

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
-support

wtf no. permits are rarely handed out if ever anyway and coming in back to back and/or raiding to kill is already against the rules. stop coping on the forums and make a sit.

Reactions: blixer

Chip “Nova”

Jul 16, 2022
-support I actually am one of the serious MC&D players, but am still making a return to the server so I am not on all the time. MC&D is a paid job that cost 50-80 USD just to play and I dislike the idea of having the job locked down at probably most times I am on the server. If you have an issue with rule breaking MC&D raiders, make a sit with in game staff on the issue, not forums

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
+support

Honestly, making it rarer to be able to get on will do a few positives I think.

1. Cut down on self supply a significant amount as it's harder to get on, making it easier to just buy from a seller.
2. Make it more reasonable to give a permit when they're avaliable.
3. Make them a more valued class.

Only negatives I can think of is people being uppity about not being able to self supply. Can still be a donor class.

Shark

Jun 4, 2023
+/- Support

As someone who has to deal with the brunt of the MC&D issues on SCP-RP USA and one of the main people pushing for changes to happen on the SSL side of things, I don't know how I feel about a Type-Blue style cooldown. ATM, MC&D are being unintentionally or intentionally abused due to SSL inaction with directly resolving the rules side of the surface jobs. This issue encompasses all surface jobs but MC&D seem to be the most troublesome due to their unclear rules. While a Type-Blue style cooldown could prevent malicious players from accessing the job consistently, this won't address the core issues with the job itself. I'd personally rather see the development time that would be spent on a change like this go towards expanding the mechanics of surface jobs.

TL;DR: Rule change suggestions should be (and already have been) made before any gameplay changes to the job itself.

Gregory McCain

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 29, 2021
Harelbeke, Belgium
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Dinklesprinkle,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

MC&D is already being reworked. There are plans to make MC&D more fun and engaging, so we will not rework MC&D before the next update happens for the job.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.