Content Suggestion MC&D REWORK (suggestions)

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.

Zordilla

Apr 21, 2024
Intro:
What are the MC&D? The MC&D are a small faction (behind a paywall)with the biggest wealth in the SCP universe as they make their money off of anomalies, they hold the influence and power to control the anomoly economy by selling to high-end clients and in the shadows via the black market. They also work in the highest degree of secrecy, with extensive resources and connections at hand, they often evade the law, rival organizations, and even to the extent of corrupting officials for their interests. However I cannot say the same for the MC&D in CN. In reality, the MC&D in game have the least influence and make the least amount of money out of any faction. It is very rare to get opportunities to sell as everything is either overpriced or situational. Having made my millions in igm/vp selling as a researcher(the hidden MC&D), enough to get X class VIP, I soon came to the realization of how shit MC&D are - thinking it was one of the most influential factions in SCP lore. So I'm offering 3 suggestions and would gladly accept even a partial rework of one of the suggestions I make.
NOTE: I'm not asking for all 3 suggestions, only for all to be considered and one to be decided on.

TLDR: MC&D is in a bad state rn and should be changed. one rework adds influential power, the other rework favors stealth, the last removes MC&D to be replaced by another small faction.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different? To my knowledge, a disguise card was asked for and got denied as they said it would give too much power to the MC&D (a 3 person faction and most of the time its 1 person) This feels hypocritical as the whole point is to be secretive and MC&D get no form of access or disguise on site and as a non-combatant its often difficult to try and achieve wat u want on site (sampling/stealing), so you are as powerful as a parawatch. My suggestion is different as I'm going to offer a lot of information and insight into the choices behind each rework, so everyone can understand the suggestions and reasonings behind them.

THE INFLUENCE REWORK
What does this suggestion change/add/remove
Each rework will change how the MC&D operate, this one aims to give more selling power and influence.

Money related:
- add alot more items MC&D can sell (Heavy Gun Dealer Weapons, Advanced Armory weapons more medicine, more scp items )
- make energy weapons affordable
- sell items that encourage spending (lootcrates, placeable slot machines)

Power related:
- allow MC&D to read encrypted messages
- MC&D have the power to influence people (DEA in mind)to sample scps up to clearance level 3 or sell a service on-site (/roll 100/bribe/blackmail/ask nicely)
Possible Positives of the suggestion
Money related suggestions: not many people buy energy weapons as they are overpriced and regular guns kill just as fast in PVP, so why not give the ability to sell more types of guns? If not then at least make energy weapons cheaper to a point where they're sought after by high ranking cl4+. Also I think slot machines fit the MC&D's lucrative morals enough to give them the ability to place them on-site and people sometimes gamble igm with /roll or with knife unboxings.
+MC&D can finally make consistent money rather than situationally, money is made rarely atm
Power related suggestions: In lore, they have the connections and influence to hear everything with spies in each corner of the world. So makes sense to be able to gain access to secret comms (example <CI-F> we are selling captured scps) so MC&D are able to RP in situations that would benefit them. Surface scps are rare and the surface is very boring at times so why not give them a chance to sample up to cl3 scps? In regards to the influencing suggestion, there are a few people that can let MC&D in and most of the time you would be speaking to a high ranking DEA that cannot let you in due to a time clash, active code 1/2/5, or not liking the MC&D faction.
+More power (but balanced)
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- "I don't want MC&D to be a focus in rp"
- "MC&D would be too powerful if they're allowed to sell anything/sample scps"
Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think the suggestions in "the influence rework" are fair and justified as they give some power whilst still limiting them as a small faction. Yes they should be able to do more things and given more opportunities to sell however It does not mean that the MC&D can throw money to waltz onto site and do whatever they please. These opportunities allow the faction to gain more consistent money whilst online that can gain them money passively whilst giving them more free time to RP. Most of my money made as MC&D are from selling deagles and cyanide which anybody can buy and sell. Yeah.... and nobody buys energy weapons.

THE STEALTH REWORK
What does this suggestion change/add/remove
Ignores all attempts of diplomacy and instead invests all skill points into stealth and espionage
NOTE - I am only asking for at least one of the following to be added:
- add a disguise card (or access to clearance level 1/2 player models)
- spawn with a te-5 hacking device
- stealth ability (a way to be sneaky as a non-combative, the devs can think of a way to implement this)
- pickpocket mechanic (pickpocket someone with a chance to take an items, equipped weapons/equipped items are harder to obtain
- NEW Edit: MC&D get access to their own dimension, similar to the helper's dimension with energy + player limitations.
Possible Positives of the suggestion
As of right now, the MC&D have nothing to gain an edge onto the foundation when it comes to sneaking onto the facility with their default loadout. The current way to get an access card and successfully invade site is to hope a CI kills an nu7/dea, you pickup the card and u enter the vents right outside 914, all of which is heavily based on RNG. Life would be alot quicker and more fun if we were to spawn with a te-5 or gain one of the other abilities suggested.
+give some chance to succeed in stealing/sampling scps
pickpocket mechanic: steal a keycard/item off of people to sell to other factions, requires the target to not be paying attention
+another way to make money if this gets chosen over the other reworks
If the disguise card is too OP for MC&D and you would prefer the faction to be more stealthy, why not limit the disguise? You can create a separate disguise tool in which the choices of disguises are limited(cl1/2), the cooldown is longer, or the disguise vanishes after some time. A broken class in mind would be the Class-D TYPE BLUE, they have alot of energy and can cause alot of chaos but is balanced due to its limit of 1 and time spent before decaying + cooldown timer. Why not try this approach but for MC&D? If a raiding hostile like CI can have 2 Deep Covers at a time then why cant MC&D get some form of disguise too? It may seem broken to go unnoticed but there are rules in place for MC&D as non-combatants and their main goal in mind is to acquire anomalies, not cause riots.
+hard limitations on disguise but a disguise nonetheless
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- getting a te-5/disguise on spawn would be too broken
Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Try limiting the item before or give the item to the faction first before making a decision, the implementation of a te5 or disguise could be exactly wat MC&D need without going all in with a rework. It may seem bad on paper that another faction has access to raid and infiltrate the foundation, but you have to remember the motives behind the actions, there is only one faction that is actively hostile towards SCP (CI) whereas other factions have their own reasons to enter and sometimes it is in both interests to work together as some benefit the foundation. Also a small walk to CI base can get u a te-5 so I don't understand why its not already in our kit.
MC&D own dimension: In the case that a disguise card is deemed too powerful for the faction to have, then a compromise would be access to their own dimension (would work the same as helpers dimension). Similar to a disguise, players can use this to try and sneak around places to help achieve their goal whilst also being balanced. They would still need access to open locked doors and can be discovered in the dimension (via interactions with doors, noises they make etc.) so this choice of item for stealth I think would be more appropriate if a disguise card is off the table. Likewise, iirc the helpers dimension can be given to others, so MC&D members could sell this as an experience to any faction and I think it would be fair as like the helpers dimension, it has limitations on how frequent you can slip between realities, the amount of ppl that can be given it and the time a buyer could use it for until they lose its power. As a final note for this new dimension, it would also make sense for MC&D to be immune to fearRP as they can always run into the dimension. It may seem annoying for a dimension hopper to be running on site but I think it would be fun and a different way to deal with a code 1 , like how a 096 breach would need people to grab scrambles and act differently compared to other breaches.
and I saved the best rework till last
THE COMPLETE REWORK
Scrap the MC&D and add another GOI instead: https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/groups-of-interest
Somebody paid alot of vp(cus I didn't) for me to play a sub-par job, MC&D should be the coolest role but unfortunately it isn't with the way the faction is treated and the extent of wat they can do atm, but I would gladly take another GOI if MC&D cant get the rework they deserve.If this rework gets accepted then I will give the content team free reign to choose their own GOI, one that makes more sense to be included onto the server. I hope other MC&D would appreciate this suggestion and can relate to a few points that I make or lmk how you feel about the faction as a whole, its very boring being on the surface XD

so yeah that's about it, thanks for reading if u made it this far!

EDIT: added one new feature suggestion in "The stealth rework" highlighted in
orange

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobsworth