/me gives TTS

Man of Culture

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
someone better write up some lore or reasoning behind how "/me gives TTS" works to give info while gagged...

Man of Culture

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
It's a text to speech device. They type on it or something.
while cuffed? feel like it should be more like that but the fact that its just /me gives TTS just cracks me up... its like the server isnt RP heavy at all...

Mickle

Aug 6, 2022
in short, it is a way for people to power game so that you can interrogate people without them eating cyanide.

Vollgas

Mar 19, 2022
If you want to make the life of those giving TTS devices to kidnapped people a living hell, just
  1. Take a long time to speak. It takes time to write stuff down on a TTS device, even more so if you're cuffed and nervous.
  2. Roleplay that you dropped it by accident. With the sweaty hands and the shaking, it'd make sense for you to drop it. Maybe even roll 100 for it to break.
  3. Commit a lot of spelling mistakes. You're nervous, man, you have been kidnapped. You're not gonna be at your best grammatical game.
I personally never do any of these, since it's wasting my own time as well as theirs, and I would be very annoyed if I was the one kidnapping, but if you ever encounter someone who deserves to have their time wasted for their terrible roleplay, I guess you could go this way.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
its a serious rp server
It says that yea, but in reality it's not

There's nothing really serious about GMs doing events where everyone just spams chat and calls it an infohazard, or playing as king Arthur who just teleported in the site and walks around and can't be arrested, or being a bunch of big rats.

Also no one in this server roleplays let's be real. (Except like 4 people total atleast in the USA)

Man of Culture

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
It says that yea, but in reality it's not

There's nothing really serious about GMs doing events where everyone just spams chat and calls it an infohazard, or playing as king Arthur who just teleported in the site and walks around and can't be arrested, or being a bunch of big rats.

Also no one in this server roleplays let's be real. (Except like 4 people total atleast in the USA)
It still says it, therefore it should be. The issue is that there is nearly have no reason or incentive to RP, heck !credit doesnt even reward you as much XP as getting a bunch of scrap and then buying a tranq gun or smth

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
It still says it, therefore it should be. The issue is that there is nearly have no reason or incentive to RP, heck !credit doesnt even reward you as much XP as getting a bunch of scrap and then buying a tranq gun or smth
Yea it should be but unfortunately isn't, and likely won't be atleast until Site-9 comes out. While there are good events and GMs on the US server occasionally, most of them just don't care about RP and just do silly, goofy, and minge events. Plus, as I said, most of everyone (From Security Cadet to O5) never roleplays a character and just plays themselves like an SCP themed DarkRP server. The staff team often never enforce actual RP either despite it being in the rules (such as mixing and the SeriousRP rule which give staff that authority).
I'd love to see this server have more roleplay and good RPers, but due to the servers culture and people as high up as Senior Server Leadership (SSL) having little to no regard for RP, I don't think that'll ever happen, at least not in the foreseeable future. I like this server because its development content is the best I've ever seen in any SCP-RP based community, even outside of gmod. I'd love to see more RP though and have the server be as its advertised; serious. That's just my opinion.

This is all based on the USA server by the way, I haven't played the UK server since the US server first released. Though given that the UK has problems with people meowing and barking, I'm not sure it's much better over there either.

Reactions: Scopes

Scopes

May 2, 2022
Michigan
This isn’t a suggestion.
This man really trying to have people use a format in general discussion, metaphorically 1984.
Sorry thought this was a suggestion not a convo. I was tired when I replied.

Overall I do think the TTS System helps but also causes issues. Yes you are cuffed and gagged and technically shouldn’t use it but rather roleplay a piece of paper and write it with your cuffs. Roleplay has been so rare nowadays that mostly it's just combat or mainly document writing / researching. There is never really heavy roleplay anymore except when GMs do events and when MTFs do their jobs.

I believe SL & NL team do care about this situation as they have said it multiple times before that roleplay should be enforced but rather than roleplay it's always combat or breaches that players have to always deal with. And it's not on staff I'd say it's more on the players on how they act and roleplay to players. There is a lot of toxicity involved within roleplay I will say from what I've seen but mostly I have positive interactions rather that be combat or roleplay.

Reactions: Vollgas

Free "Spirit"

Apr 30, 2023
TTS seems pretty power gamy from my stance a way to gain info from a person while they are gagged so they cant use cyanide just using /Me to avoid that entire risk