Accepted Medical Anomaly Beam

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion would add a new SCP anomaly beam with a new skin and has the ability to hook onto SCP's and heal them.

This beam should be a loadout only item given to either Senior doctors or combat medics (maybe medical lead too) and The healer mannequin thing. this addition to medicals loadout would allow a lot of potential RP to come from it as well as medical and research interaction as medical would need to be involved during tests that have a healing factor to the results.

I Believe this should be kept within the medical department (and 22415) as this suggestion is to suggest something for the departments RP availability. if given out to other groups medical would cease being involved by [x MTF] who get given it for convenience. I do not believe CI should get this as it is purely for RP use and CI being given it would upset the balance of breaches prolonging them longer than is reasonable. I also do not think GOC should receive this beam as their entire goal is to destroy SCP's so supporting & healing them does not make sense outside of gameplay loop.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
i believe there have been suggestions to be able to somehow heal SCP's but not medical beam wise.

Possible Positives & Negatives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ More actual RP for medical
+ More cross departmental interaction
+ majorly increases natural testing potential for research as there are no current ways to heal SCP's "In Character"
+ - less "please heal me" sits for staff
- Rogue foundation staff healing SCP's during breaches intern prolonging them
- certain roles not receiving this item could be upset and cause headaches for content with "weh give me [x] item" sits
- possible XP farming
- Dev time as a new swep will need to be created including a new model and coding for the healing affects.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
i believe this should be accepted as currently there are no official ways of healing SCP's regardless of the situation. this would also finally allow medical to have a purpose to be involved with less demanding tests with sentient SCP's whilst also giving research new testing chances. This could also go along way to strengthen the relationship between both departments. I do not believe this wont upset the SCP breaching balance as rogue actors will be dealt with swiftly or terminated for "going against the foundation" and will bolster SCP roleplay as a whole.

Tommy 'Romeo' Lee

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jan 1, 2022
Suggestion Approved

Hi @Dinklesprinkle,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.

Please note that the concept of this suggestion is accepted but the finer details will be down to the content team's discretion​

• Wow
Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.