Denied Medical Department Rework.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slipperman_1

Jan 6, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
In this suggestion I'm going to offer a couple ways to improve medical Department and make it more enjoyable for people.
I'm gonna format it like this. Name the problem that Department has and my idea on how to fix it.

1. Door Password

Site Personnel have NO RESPECT to Medical Department boundaries. Because the door is Cl1 anybody can freely run in and chefs running in dancing is a Giant problem. If you are RPing and see a dancing chef... it's just awful for RP.
My solution for this is to add a Cl1 door password on the door. People who will know password in RP are gonna be all medical personnel, ISD, SA, assistants, SC, IA. Anybody else using the password will be considered fail RP.

2. Field kit problem​

Field kits are OP. You can get them easily and then there is no point for medic job. Right now they are accessible by anybody with Cl2 and above. That means that gensec can get the Field kit and they loose any need for a medic. You can easily reliad the Field kit and that means there is even less sense in coming to a medic.
I see multiple ways to fix this. The main one is to completely remove the Field kit. A less... extreme way to fix this will be to make field kits a Cl3 item and increase the cool down to atleast 40 minutes.

3. Overall Medical rework​

The main problem of the medical that we don't have enough interaction. People only come to medics to get healed for 10 seconds and continue to fight. Most of the time it's not possible to RP because after getting healed people just run away at continue doing what they were doing. There is alot of ways to fix this but I'm gonna give a couple suggestions.
- New medical equipment that is static within medbay. For example, medical bed. It will have its own interface. There will be around 6 of them inside medical area. The thing that's going to change that healing without the bed is going to be capped. For example you can only heal 50-70% of HP without the bed. While on the bed doctor can heal people(doctor puts them on the bed and holds e looking at them regenerating hp back to maximum)
The same beds are going to be added to: CI medical area, GOC Laboratory, Pinewood Hospital, Surface Foundation area(maybe replace the surface interro?) Also, healing using the bed will grant exp to the doctor.
As part of the same change a new item called pain killers will be added that's going to add additional fake hp that are gonna get you to full hp, but then slowly take the same amount of hp back.

4. More injuries.​

"Deafness" injury that will make everything quiet and reverbed. Another example can be
"Concussion", it will be caused if you survived the headshot and got dealt 60 damage or above.
"Internal injury" A debuff you get after surviving being knocked down. Causes blurry vision and inability to run.

All these injuries are treated by healing to full health on the medical table.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I am not sure, but my suggestions are all made by myself.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

1. Door Password​

This will make it more clear to people that medical Department have their boundaries and that medical area is for medics and patients only. It will also add purpose to the waiting room outside of the medical area. Right now nobody really uses it, but with the password on the door people will be forced to wait in the waiting area how it was originally supposed to be.

2. Field Kit Problem​

It will benefit RP and people will use doctors alot more often because it's going to be the only way to get your health back. They will just have no other choice. This will also nerf raiders because there will be no way to heal yourself if all the medics are dead. This is how things are on the battlefield, you can't heal people if you don't know how to. Also now that you can by a bandage you can stop the bleeding but not heal yourself.

3. Overall Medical Rework​

This rework will change ingame medicine ALOT. First of all it will give medics something to do. They will spend alot more time within medbay and surrounding area. Doctors will always be needed and there won't be times when there's no doctors online because nobody needs them. At the same time this is a solution to constant problem with CI holding floor 2 because they won't be able to fully heal so it will be easier to break the siege.

4. More Injuries​

This suggestion will add more different debuffs, for example the internal injury makes alot of sense in RP, after you were almost killed you can't just continue fighting, you have to be treated properly and not just "healed" . All of the injuries make sense in RP and even if the Medical Bed suggestion won't be added these can be implemented through different means.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

1. Door Password​

The main problem I see that people from the medical can forget the password and won't be able to come back to their bunks, but considering recent activity within medical Department I don't think this problem is going to be relevant.

2. Field kit Problem​

Id there will be no medics online there's a possibilty that people won't be able to heal at all. That's gonna cause a lot of problems for the site. But I believe that won't be an issue since people will adapt and there will always be medics on site.

3. Overall Medic Rework​

It's very controversial. I know for a fact that Nu-7 and especially CI will not like this idea because it will slow down combat alot and will make it alot harder to raid. At the same time with this rework medical will ALWAYS have alot of work. It should hopefully to stop medical Department from being the starting department that nobody plays. The main concern is that there maybe not enough of medics.. But I've mentioned it previously.

4. More Injuries​

Again, it's controversial I personally think that being knocked down isn't punishable enough. The same goes for grenades. People may be mad about going to doctor every time they got hurt. Also it gives CI big disadvantage while raiding, specifically holding floor 2.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think that medical Department hasn't changed since the start of the server and we really need a rework. My reworks will make combat more punishable and healing more rewarding. I think it's what server need to keep combat/RP balance. Again, most suggestions are controversial and if SL decides to change something in this suggestion I'm not against it.

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
-Support
Its just, not a good idea. Some of this is could maybe get a + from me, but overall, it just slows down RP and only benefits medical, which is already perfectly fine, and is involved in RP already. Adding a password to the door will just make it harder for people to enter for various reasons, and wouldnt really serve any useful purpose other than causing further inconvenience. You barely considered anything besides medical related topics.

Slipperman_1

Jan 6, 2023
-Support
Its just, not a good idea. Some of this is could maybe get a + from me, but overall, it just slows down RP and only benefits medical, which is already perfectly fine, and is involved in RP already. Adding a password to the door will just make it harder for people to enter for various reasons, and wouldnt really serve any useful purpose other than causing further inconvenience. You barely considered anything besides medical related topics.
I'm not suggesting to add all of them, so if you +Support some part and not other you can specify the part you liked :D

'Blunder'

May 25, 2023
Door Password -/+
I believe Med Leadership door should get a code due to a fridge being there which is often stolen from. Entering Inner medbay is already tresspassing 1 so just call IA
Field Kit +Support
Even increasing the cooldown would be good.
Overall Rework +/- Support.
There should be another way to heal people to max without using a medical bed for example a one use item like door charges that medics spawn with as that would kill ci raids.
Injuries +Support
I like the idea of that nothing more to add.

Last edited:

Charles "Ze" Whittme

Apr 4, 2023

Door Password: -Support

While random people running in is a problem, a coded Cl1 is not the answer. The door is meant to be used for emergencies as well, allowing any staff to run in if needed. As it stands, call IA. Zone Jurisdiction policy applies.

Field Kit problem: =Neutral

They have limited charges to prevent a big problem, the rework in the next section would fix any issue you have here.

Overall rework: +Support

I like this concept myself, where field kits and healing in a battle can only heal you to a limit, however it would change the pace of combat and the server. So the max heal would have to go through heavy debate.

More Injures: =Neutral leaning support

Will be annoying but gives injuries a consequence.

Reactions: Slipperman_1

Slipperman_1

Jan 6, 2023

Door Password: -Support

While random people running in is a problem, a coded Cl1 is not the answer. The door is meant to be used for emergencies as well, allowing any staff to run in if needed. As it stands, call IA. Zone Jurisdiction policy applies.

Field Kit problem: =Neutral

They have limited charges to prevent a big problem, the rework in the next section would fix any issue you have here.

Overall rework: +Support

I like this concept myself, where field kits and healing in a battle can only heal you to a limit, however it would change the pace of combat and the server. So the max heal would have to go through heavy debate.

More Injures: =Neutral leaning support

Will be annoying but gives injuries a consequence.
This is THE BEST Reply to be ever made, charles you're just the best : D

Karol 'Negotiator' W.

Blacklisted Player
Jan 29, 2023
Cl1 password? Just make it cl3 bio or cl2 bio since there are also spawns
No need for codes tbh
Maybe on the director and consultants office then yes, a password there would be nice

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
Door Password - +/- Neutral leaning towards +Support
-Although a way like this would be Useful,
I believe a CL3 Door would work better.

Field Kit Problem - +/- Neutral leaning towards -Support
-Field kits are a convince, all that could need changed is the Cooldown and thats it.

Overall Rework - -Support
-Feels like this would kill /Nu7/CI/GOC/Combat Medics

More Injuries - +Support
-I don't see why not. Would give more lasting Consequences to a gun fight

Good luck with this Suggestion Slipperman

RoxieCat2003

Oct 29, 2022
-Support

We used to have a door code, staff removed it, so already a no

Medical also has a tonne more stuff then it used to back when I was DOM, so I think medicals fine where it is

Medical is one of the easier departments to RP as, you just need to find someone and make the RP happen

Sorry slipperman, nothing against you I just don't belicethis is necessary or would be accepted by staff, even with supports.

Flare

Jul 14, 2023
Poland
-Support.

"Anybody else using the password will be considered fail RP", as said before, your suggestion benefits only medical. I see no reason to put anything else as everything has been said.

Mark Belgrum (Dutch)

Oct 5, 2022
The Netherlands
+ Support
This is totally not biased but the non-combative side from medical is dead and not very appealing to people. I would love for the rework to happen so it actually gives us something to do.

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
-Support Door password
Door password is sorry to be blunt, a horrible idea. I get that the hoard of minging techs and alot of other CL1-2 can be annoying and ruin RP. But we already have enough issues getting medical to help people as is. There's alot of times I've seen medical just be completely oblivious to injured, bleeding, or even down/dead people. Now add a door between staff and medical help and it just gets worse. Before comms is brought up, alot of the time unless it's a high rank person comms will be shrugged off as "Eh, someone else will handle it."

--Support Feild Kit removal/CL3 lock
Basically same reason as the door, and the feild kit is extremely limited and has a large respawn timer. Healing one person from downed to 100% often eats the entire kit. So medics are still necessary, especially in areas like D-Block and even surface. Medics have unlimited heals allowing them to basically change the tide of battle if they're doing their job right, much more than a Kit.

-Support overall Rework
Aa is right now, fractures, bleeding, etc are a death sentence with a medic nearby the fight. As for running off to continue the fight, of course they are. If the injury was serious enough to justify medics being needed it's probably still necessary to fight. A good example is the area that needs medics the most, D-Block. D-Class are ALWAYS looking to get a stab in, and when the riot is bad enough they'll stab down a few cadets, die, run to bathrooms, and get a knife or gun to repeat it, GSD and many other foundation staff can't do that because NLR, and being spawned through like 7 doors to D-Block, meaning while a GSD is on a bed healing his blurred screen four D-Class just hauled ass to 914. If you want more RP, try initiating it when starting the healing. A simple "Oh wow, you're really messed up." And do a few /me if you can. To do what you're wanting would need a entire server rework IMO. Strict rules on D-Class entering combat. Requirements for Medics to be in D-Block 24/7. CI timeout for infiltrations of GOC etc. Medics required to be on surface helping Civis, etc, or else it'll just be annoying.

---Support more injuries.
As said before bleed/fracture can be a death sentence, and getting a medic's attention to help those can be pain in a hectic situation or even when they just seem to forget they're medics/start talking with a friend. I've seen medics walk over dead foundation members to chat with someone, or ignore a Cadet asking them directly for help.

-Support Overall.
If medics were more aware and active it'd be alright. But right now they just aren't. Ironically the most active in the job is trainees and doctors. Maybe a large alert HUD over someone downed or injured for the medic would help fix this, but I don't know.

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Slipperman_1,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because this changes would cause more trouble than good, although we understand why you are suggesting this.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.