Denied METAGAMING USING LEADERBOARD

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SIMI

Aug 28, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Dont make it so people can see you're disguised with the leaderboard

E.g if a D class is disguised as gensec they will appear as:
Seargent (D boys name)
Instead of:
D-3215 (D boys name)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Stops a large amount of metagaming

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
I see literally no negatives to this

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Metagaming is a huge problem for D class and even though this wont solve it, itll decrease the likelyhood of it happening

Harold Hawks

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
This type of metagaming is already known and illegal. If someone uses this against you then you should report them.

Wolff

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 27, 2022

In general the 914 diaguises are kinda buggy, like if you get changed into someone that already went in 914 you still get the title prefix of their actual role and the chat color doesn't get properly changed, yeah, I +Support this and I hope they'll completely overhaul the 914 disguise mechanic to actually make it metagaming proof​

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
Pretty sure this helps staff sometimes however it usually isnt used against players.

Jonas Enry

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
A negative of this suggestion would be dev time as the leaderboard system would have to be changed (I believe) it is for names dependent on the name above your head and as such they would both have to be separated. But that is the only negative I can think of.

Blondie

Mar 9, 2022
Sweden
Suggestion Denied

Hi @SIMI ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

Unfortunately, this would be too hard to implement and would instead cause numerous problems such as people's titles not showing up above their heads. Instead, we recommend that you make sits against people you suspect of metagaming to sort it out.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.