MilitaryRP..

Mate Blackwood

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 30, 2021
I've been thinking about this for a while guys and:

What discourages people from not playing MRP?
Going AFK or not coming back as an old MRP player?

What would you like to see changed

Be real as fuck in the comment section below ?

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Personally, I don't have the time to juggle positions on two servers but I have played MRP a fair amount and can say it is quite a lot of fun and I will probably play more if I have more time.

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
I think the reason people go afk during peacetime is that the bases are too comforting of a location. It's very dark in the base and even outside the map is rather devoid of bright light.

I think that there should be fluorescent lights installed all around the base and that the map should be made 10% brighter to encourage players to not fall asleep. Many offices do this to keep up productivity, and maybe a little smoke alarm "beep" every few seconds to increase alertness and awareness.

Lion

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
I don't play because peacetime is boring.

edit to clarify: I'm just not a patient person, so waiting around for war is boring for me. People who like to RP more probably have fun.

Last edited:

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Lack of time really, MRP requires a pretty big time dedication at the roles I usually like to occupy (HC/SGM). What I will say is that it's a testament to how good MRP is when a lot of the active community members now are the guys who were playing 2 years ago, shame we can't pull in the amount of new players that it used to.

I'd probably come back if a new refresh was done back to NATO vs USSR, I feel a lot of people were more engaged with that theme, and I definitely had more fun writing stories and events for that sort of conflict. NATO/NWO is good, but it's not quite the dichotomy of the old system. MRP feels more future sci fi conflict than actual military, which is what gave the old MRP its character, moving back to old styles and equipment would help to revitalise that feeling, at least in my opinion.

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
(still am here ) but mainly lack of time as a student i can work on schoolwork during peacetimes, also as ex ussr player it is mainly how the server feels now is a lot diffrent

Last edited:

'Kyzent

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Alright, I should probably say something too.

Overall MRP has nothing to offer in terms of unique experience, except for Military Police and Special Forces since they can do a bit more during peacetime than other battalions.

Now you're wondering why I said that, well if you look at SCP-RP during **peacetime** they can entertain themselves with a variety of activities such as doing experiments, maintaining D-Block, making/writing **Digital Documents**, and such things that I cba to type but you get what I mean. and each department has its own unique gameplay unlike MRP, the only unique gameplay you get from MRP is wartime.

MRP has somewhat peacetime content like VComputers and such but no one uses it because it is less rewarding than SCP and holds zero value and don't think you can revive the server by reverting contents because it will not permanently fix the problem ( it's only a temporary fix )

it's pathetic to see Server Leadership thinking it's best to revert every change old SL/NL made (it's just lazy work tbf), I've made a list of what I wanted to do but it was too late due to obvious reasons

In conclusion, MRP cannot be fixed without a proper rework and that won't happen since SWRP is in development and will probably replace MRP.

ps: And there is bias within the server which I will not discuss in public.

Nathaniel Brown

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 6, 2022
the Netherlands
I think the reason people go afk during peacetime is that the bases are too comforting of a location. It's very dark in the base and even outside the map is rather devoid of bright light.

I think that there should be fluorescent lights installed all around the base and that the map should be made 10% brighter to encourage players to not fall asleep. Many offices do this to keep up productivity, and maybe a little smoke alarm "beep" every few seconds to increase alertness and awareness.
Homie actually compared MRP peacetime to an office job.. You must be a troll with all your -supports on suggestions

I usually dont play peacetime just because its boring/not much to do except for the FOB building simulator.
Making the map brighter and adding a smoke alarm beep just makes me want to get off on god

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
Homie actually compared MRP peacetime to an office job.. You must be a troll with all your -supports on suggestions

I usually dont play peacetime just because its boring/not much to do except for the FOB building simulator.
Making the map brighter and adding a smoke alarm beep just makes me want to get off on god
I'm sorry that my comments on a post in the General suggestion suggestion have upset you. I also apologize to the original poster who I do not know but I'm sure took grave offense to my comment.

• Haha
Reactions: Nathaniel Brown