Rule Suggestion Modification to Dimension raiding.

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrick Travolta

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Oct 18, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This effects section 3 of the rules. It would prevent Catographers of both factions & MC&D from placing rift equipment inside Enemy F/GOC/CI base when raiding. This prevents those groups from exfilling via dimension.

One modification that could be made is this only prevents them placing the equipment if they are in an active combat scenario (E.G, Combatives are outside the room trying to breach). Which could leave open the idea that CI could if they tried hard enough. Could infill through dimension and exfil completely silently.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not to my knowledge, however this is one of many suggested nerfs to 22415 dimension, Cartographers and Dimension raiding

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Less powerful dimension raiding
More counterplay to dimension raiding
Keeps one of the biggest strengths to raiding (Infilling without being seen)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Nerf to Cartographers and MC&D (VIP jobs)
Harder to exfiltrate.
Nerfs to raiding (CI mains hate this)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe this should be accepted. A few notable incidents from this include

CI Paying MC&D to infil through dimension. Just, Appear in the Committee's office, hold that for a few minutes, then place the equipment, open dimension and exfil. With the current timer they have enough to comfortably take hostages from Ethics to Surface and into a vehicle, Into CI base and Scranton out.

I also heard of a potential raid that allowed them to infill to 008 chamber's area and manage to exfil a lot of the way out.

Scrantons are too slow to react to this and you can't effective block people otherwise given the cooldown of actually placing scrantons (And the time taken for them to actually go off), This should be another less intrusive way of nerfing.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023
your clarification is too convoluted and would make the CI and GOC cartography jobs way less powerful and borderline useless. I know the dimension is not balanced but they should nerf how long its opened for or its capacity before making more stupid rules. massive -support

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Nerfs to raiding (CI mains hate this)
couldnt of guessed that the change that is a direct CI nerf wouldnt be popular with CI.
Now that im thinking of this, i shouldve put this negative but just for ISD in the remove ISD/SC suggestion....

-Support
-Support
no
nerf shadow dimension like the other suggestion
it aint that deep
this
your clarification is too convoluted and would make the CI and GOC cartography jobs way less powerful and borderline useless.
and this
because it turns out the whole point of cartographers is to place down the rift equipment
if they couldnt do that inside F, then uh, the job is useless. Theres already one naturally inside CI base.

Sep 10, 2023
your clarification is too convoluted and would make the CI and GOC cartography jobs way less powerful and borderline useless. I know the dimension is not balanced but they should nerf how long its opened for or its capacity before making more stupid rules. massive -support
The only situation I could see is Ci placing it outside vents or main gate for a temporary boost, but it would still make the Ci cartographer next to useless

(And make GOC cartographer completely useless as they couldn't place rift equipment or open a portal without potentially breaking the veil of secrecy)

Status
Not open for further replies.