Denied Modify Staff Ruling 2.12 - Sampling Limits

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramuh

Feb 13, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Make the rule per person & maybe raise the cap by 1-2 liters or at least reword it so that people don't get smoked for farming like 4 CI just did.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

If you change the rule to per person & raise cap
- Easier to make certain chemicals that require large amounts of SCP samples(Primarily NHU, AMX & Class F)
- With the current rule, GOC & CI are restricted to 3L total when they capture & sample an SCP. If there are more than 3 CI/GOC, that is less than a liter per person. If 6 GOC capture 323, than is half a liter per GOC.

If you clarify that it's the group as a whole(Such as CI or GOC)
- People won't get banned for thinking it's per person & getting 3L per person(A lot of people think it is, I myself thought it was until an HMod told me otherwise)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- It's easier to make the chems I mentioned above I guess?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Having it be 3L per test / session makes sense for the Foundation, but as I stated above it just doesn't work for the two surface groups. 323/8854 are picked every couple hours & we need to fight them before we can even consider sampling them, but with the new rule & how staff have chosen to enforce it, we might as well just leave the SCPs be or destroy them instantly as we can not get a reasonable amount of samples.

I really don't understand why this would be denied, but if it is then please at least clarify the rule so more people don't get banned(RIP those 4 CI)

Reactions: DaveDogs

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
Ok, so yes, I believe it should be Per Person.

It is retarded that CI work so hard for a SCP, then we can only get 3 Litres.

Last edited:

Steffan

Dec 8, 2022
It is 3L per captured/per test?
i always thought it was 3L per person.
Major +Support
maybe this is a US issue tho?
I have never heard of this on the UK server, and i've seen countless members of staff say it's 3 PER PERSON, and see them sampling the SCP for themselfs.
As stated above it makes sense to have this restriction for foundation, but not for either of the surface groups, I think 3L per person per capture is the perfect place and where it should be, anything less is very unfair, considering the work needed to capture these scp's.

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
It has always been like this. If it was changed then i will yell at someone (my 4 year old brother)
I just learned that isn't the case, as I had four of my CI banned for it.

Ramuh

Feb 13, 2023
It is 3L per captured/per test?
i always thought it was 3L per person.
Major +Support
maybe this is a US issue tho?
I have never heard of this on the UK server, and i've seen countless members of staff say it's 3 PER PERSON, and see them sampling the SCP for themselfs.
As stated above it makes sense to have this restriction for foundation, but not for either of the surface groups, I think 3L per person per capture is the perfect place and where it should be, anything less is very unfair, considering the work needed to capture these scp's.
We all thought it was per person, but today four members of CI got banned for it.

John Iceland

Donator
+Support
I've heard
1. "Per person they can grab 3L of anything they are trying to get", (IE. 6L from 939 to get 3L of Amnesium)
2. "its 3L maximum per test, people doesnt matter"
3. "People doesnt matter but you can get 3L of what you are trying to get"
4. "Per person grabs 3L of sample max"
All 4 from different SL members

Not to mention I've heard SERVER LEADERSHIP MEMBERS claim that the rule "Makes no sense" or "Is Stupid", if SL Members themselves complain about it behind closed doors then why does this even need to be told to happen by community members.

Rowling

Jan 14, 2023
+Major Support
-Stupid rule all around please delete

Last edited:

legionnaires6

Jul 23, 2022
+support
The issue I believe for surface GOIs is that it is extremely rare circumstances to actually captured an SCP/KTE on the surface unless it's a surface anomaly. With the minimal amount of content provided for "samples" which is a major use in either offense or study. This sample rule should be used for foundations only as they have a very self-sustainable source.

Rackarain

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Aug 29, 2022
- support
rule was implemented since people were getting a lot of samples from an scp and selling them for monetary gain.

Blondie

Mar 9, 2022
Sweden
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Ramuh ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This is already being looked into and is to be further discussed.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.