MRDM Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrence

Jun 26, 2022
Your in-game name: Terrence
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:95385046
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198151035821
Date of ban: 25-06-2022
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): MRDM
Who banned you: Unsure
Ban length?: 2 weeks
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Not killing
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? No
Why should you be unbanned: I believe i should be unbanned cause this wasnt mrdm, admin banned me before i could give reasoning for the kills. It was around 4-5 kills, it was doing the no line revolution. Basically we formed a revolution to keep people out of the line and not do the research, so we killed off the ones that didnt listen to us.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: Im not gonna kill people without more reasoning, i believed in this scenario i was allowed to do what i did. I have learned since.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I wanna rejoin cause i love playing on the server especially as a researcher. I dont think this should be anything more than a warning. I believe the admin made a wrong choice of banning.

Man of Culture

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
Hello Terrance. Thanks for making the time to make a ban appeal.

I banned you for MRDM as you had killed multiple people for no apparent reason at all.
So I brought you to a sit to ask for your reasoning.
I genuenly remember little from the situation, but I feel confident that my reasoning for banning you was valid.
But as explained in your post here, you said a revolution was made to kill everyone in the testing line. This is not a valid reason to kill multiple people as those people were probably waiting for multiple minutes only to get shanked by you.
MRDM bans are 4+ kills or 3 kills with the intent on continuing.

Cheers, -Travis Recher.

Terrence

Jun 26, 2022
Hello Terrance. Thanks for making the time to make a ban appeal.

I banned you for MRDM as you had killed multiple people for no apparent reason at all.
So I brought you to a sit to ask for your reasoning.
I genuenly remember little from the situation, but I feel confident that my reasoning for banning you was valid.
But as explained in your post here, you said a revolution was made to kill everyone in the testing line. This is not a valid reason to kill multiple people as those people were probably waiting for multiple minutes only to get shanked by you.
MRDM bans are 4+ kills or 3 kills with the intent on continuing.

Cheers, -Travis Recher.
Is it possible to get this reduced or turned to a warning as i genuinly enjoy playing peacefully as a researcher. I see now that what i did wasnt allowed, i genuienly regret doing it and only did so as i thought it was allowed. I hope you will consider unbanning/warning me and let me play again. Best regards LIBO

AdamTHM

Feb 16, 2022
Ireland
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Terrence,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

I'll be accepting your appeal due to the fact that this is your first punishment on the server however it is unacceptable to kill D-Class that aren't trying to cause harm to you.

It's fine to start riots/revolutions as long as you don't harm D-Class that aren't trying to cause harm towards you as this can negatively affect their experience whilst playing on the server but also encouraging them to do the same.

Based on the above I've reduced your ban to 5 days and you may play on the server once your reduced ban has expired.
Note: Your ban might have expired by now.

Kind Regards,
Adam​

Status
Not open for further replies.