Accepted [MRP] Add a true REDACTED system for names.

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

We have a lot of people on the NWO (maybe some on UAN?) who use REDACTED as their names, this was a roleplay element bought in to add some mystery to the identity of these players, and for the most part, I think it works pretty well.

This would add a new clearance system to names, similarly to how keypads work, that, once you reach a certain clearance level, will reveal the name of the REDACTED player.

To counteract a bunch of REDACTEDS for newer players, you could introduce a codename system (like is currently used in STS and AOR) so that there is some degree of identifiability for newer players to refer to. Only when they get to certain ranks would they realise who the codename's real player name is.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

The main positive would be the introduction of a new system that is beneficial to the role-play within the server, and would encourage further progression, as a benefit would be unlocking the identities of these characters.

Another would be the codename aspect, introducing this would mean people would have to plan our their true character a little more closely, which would encourage actual roleplay.

Lastly, the enhancement for some regiments by having codenames would make them stand out from others, giving them more of an identity.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

The main negative I see is if people don't use the codename, meaning newer players wouldn't be seeing players for who they are and identify them by their actual player names. But, if codenames are made mandatory, it'd give that level of identification to newer players.

Another would be it'd have to be limited to STS/AOR/SC & SOTF/MPK/AC as in lore it'd make sense to protect their identities. Other regiments wouldn't need this system and it'd make a it a little too confusing.

I can also see dev time for this being a little lengthy for what would be a relatively small pay-off, but I'm not a dev, so I don't know.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

So to clarify: Once you reach a certain clearance level, the REDACTED part of the name would be revealed, showing you their actual player names.

For example:

STS MAJ [Chad Power] Mogadishu is currently how Chad's name appears.

To a PVT it's show as STS MAJ [REDACTED] 'Mogadishu'

To a CO+ it'd show as STS MAJ [Chad Power] 'Mogadishu'

I think having a system like this would bring more positives to the server than negatives, and would really sell the secrecy of these players in a more established manor, as opposed to having to manually change your name. It also rewards you for achieving higher ranks, as you gain access to more classified intel, in this case, a player's actual name.

Thanks for considering!

Valk

Upvote 7
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Hamood

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 6, 2022
Baghdad
I used to play a heavily RP based MafiaRP server, they had a system where every player was just “Unknown”. To see peoples names they’d have to “tell you it” by pressing F3 on you and then their name would be revealed to you and that way people could RP a lot more. Having it as a rank based system doesn’t seem the best to me as say you’re the CO of a regiment and people in your regiment don’t know who tf you are and can’t recognize you, on the otherhand you can counter that by giving them a name they could use until they get to said rank. Overall I don’t see this getting implemented very soon if accepted but nonetheless good suggestion

Nico | Od1n

Mar 17, 2022
I used to play a heavily RP based MafiaRP server, they had a system where every player was just “Unknown”. To see peoples names they’d have to “tell you it” by pressing F3 on you and then their name would be revealed to you and that way people could RP a lot more. Having it as a rank based system doesn’t seem the best to me as say you’re the CO of a regiment and people in your regiment don’t know who tf you are and can’t recognize you, on the otherhand you can counter that by giving them a name they could use until they get to said rank. Overall I don’t see this getting implemented very soon if accepted but nonetheless good suggestion
That is a system called Helix. Might be hard to implement here.

Chad Power

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 8, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi @Valkon, Your suggestion has been accepted.

This is already a planned feature, but the dev team hasn't gotten around that yet. Stay tuned!​

Status
Not open for further replies.