Accepted [MRP] - Allow selection of crime type (Felon/Mis/Inf etc)

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

This would add the ability for KGB and RMP to select the arrest brackets as opposed to it being determined by time.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

I think I suggested it before but it was either denied or ignored?

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

The main positive would be the flexibility in arrest time for KGB/RMP. Arrests are far too long at the moment, but given that 20 minutes is a felony it means we can't give arrests below 20 minutes for that crime. We either have to have it as a misdemeanor or an infraction. Nobody wants to be arrested for 20 minutes for a 'felony' that hasn't necessarily caused anyone any harm.

This way also allows KGB/RMP to increase arrest times if the suspect is a continued offender. I don't think this will happen often, but could be a potential deterrent from a lot of infraction/mis crimes.

Overall, lowers arrest times for crime brackets and puts that choice into the hands of the arresting officer who has the context of the arrest.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

Could lead to arrest times becoming too low, or could be abused by people. But I personally don't see that happening, if someone could abuse this system they could just as easily abuse the current one.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

It'd be a nice reform for both police regiments that are typically disliked by the communtiy because of the over-reliance on long arrest times. This would ease tensions, give more power to KGB/RMP in handling their own arrests, and would make the (very outdated and overly harsh) law boards more of a recommendation as opposed to a guideline.

Upvote -2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Status
Not open for further replies.