[MRP (mainly)] Tribalism & Complaints

Deleted member 12

I agree with lots of this, toxicity and the attitude that a considerable chunk of high ranks on both sides have is one of the main things holding MRP back right now from what I can see. As you mentioned, the server is very different from when it was first released. There were no longstanding grudges, and much less tribalism back then. I hope this will be improved a lot with the update and a fresh start, although there's a lot that staff and people in roleplay positions can do to improve this too, it's definitely one of the main things I want to look at improving.

You're right that the server needs to move away from being a war simulator with everybody logging off or going afk at peacetime. If people want a war simulator, there are many better options for them than a 20-year-old game. People play gmod for the RP, the community (and of course, they enjoy the wars too).

Falcon

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 21, 2020
Devon
en.wikipedia.org
I'm interested in the thread and I will give my honest opinion.

Since the launch of the server, the dynamic has changed and that is obvious to see, and unfortunately in my eyes in the wrong direction. Now, this isn't the fault of any individual, but instead a toxic dynamic where players on the server will only think about themselves and not the wider community, whether its a "joke" to make people laugh at the expense of someone else or genuinely just wanting to forward yourself with a lack of due care for those around you. It is a common theme of playing the server and not breaking any written rules but clearly ignoring conventions set from when the server came out, hopefully with my entire staff career on MRP starting when it launched and being constant throughout I can confidently state that not everything will be written in the rules as it would be 10 pages long. These people then abuse this and play the line where they can do things because it's not something clearly stated but brings detriment to the server, and unfortunately due to this staff members don't spend time doing important things that would benefit the whole server and instead have to be on a constant watch for those who have no real intention of bringing a positive attitude to the server.

Only as an entire community can this mindset be changed, no amount of adding new rules, regulations or content can fix a community where players only think about themselves or their friends and not the whole server. At the end of the day, it's a Garry's Mod server, we all come here to have a laugh and have fun, not to be stuck arguing with each other.