Denied [MRP] Mastery Exclusive Benefits Expansion

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L.Saint

Jul 21, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion aims to increase the appeal to improve or achieve a higher mastery level. Due to the recent changes with the job system not requiring mastery for any job a few benefits should be added to increase player retention and award activity and commitment within the server.

Idea #1 - Job Retention
The aim of idea 1 is to use mastery as a method to track experience and commitment to a regiment, rather than having jobs requiring rank, jobs could require either rank OR mastery level, meaning if someone were to leave the regiment to try new things or help out another struggling regiment their progress would not be entirely lost.
TL;DR = Jobs use either mastery or rank

Idea #2 - Perk system
As seen on DarkRP a perk system is a very effective way to incentivise players into spending time in specific roles. For this a similar perk system would be used where the 'perk points' would be gained upon levelling one mastery level. An example of the benefits in these perk trees could be shorter reload times, more health for deployed vehicles, increased base health, increased armour on spawn, increased ammo and maybe equipment/weapons exclusively unlocked via the perk tree
TL;DR = DarkRP perk system involving mastery

Idea #3 - Expanded benefits
Currently increasing mastery only leads to increased ammo for grenades rockets and other weapons as well as increasing your sprint meter. To incentivise interacting with the mastery system more benefits could be added such as faster shovel speed, such as with the referral system. I don't have too many ideas for this.
TL;DR = Improve current system

Overall I think the MRP dev/content team should aim to add more features to mastery rather than restricting current ones and I hope some of these ideas will help to inspire those changes.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I am aware of.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+Player retention
+Player interaction
+Server activity

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

-Dev time
-Balancing issues

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall, these changes (or anything similar) only serve to increase player retention and improve server health, I hope that these changes can start to be developed if not being developed currently.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
No shit @Drew

That being said, +Support

I think it would be great to see more expansion on mastery XP just making tedious tasks on MRP easier.
Maybe things like having more supplies in supply trucks, faster shovelling.

Potentially also some light combat benefits like more heals in a field kit, or a faster-using first aid kit, maybe a longer timer on hacking tools?

L.Saint

Jul 21, 2022
No shit @Drew

That being said, +Support

I think it would be great to see more expansion on mastery XP just making tedious tasks on MRP easier.
Maybe things like having more supplies in supply trucks, faster shovelling.

Potentially also some light combat benefits like more heals in a field kit, or a faster-using first aid kit, maybe a longer timer on hacking tools?
Heavily agree with the supplies and first aid kit uses

I luv kebabs

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 18, 2022
-support
The first is not possible as i was said.
the second one is just not fair for new players, i myself have mastery lvl 42 so i would have like what 200 hp? thats dumb.
the third one is also not good for shoveling etc. just because building fobs is a time killer during peacetime and making fobs build faster might be bad for some players, better for others.

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
Suggestion Denied (Some)

Hi @L.Saint ,
Your suggestion has been denied.
#1 We done a vote to bring ranks to job and remove mastery and it won 64 to 29
#2 We will not be giving out perks like more health, armour or any PVP perk that will give old player a unfair advantage over new players.
#3 I can add this to the backlog.
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.