Accepted [MRP] Rework the New Player experience

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor | FUDGESICLE

FUDGESICLE
Oct 8, 2021
London
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Improve the new player experience, just a bit of context since I came to NHC I have noticed that most new players have no clue what they're doing after going through basic training and joining a regiment, I am personally trying to improve this by ensuring that PVTs get given try-outs as quickly as possible and when they're in the regiment they're shown what to do (i.e. getting in ts) try-outs currently provide no actual purpose aside from showing that they listened to faces and formations.

This made me realise that the whole try-out system is unnecessary (aside from STS and SAS) as whenever a PVT joins a regiment they have to be shown what to do, I am proposing that instead of a try-out system in each regiment they're allowed into a regiment of their choice (aside from STS/ SAS) provided a CPL+ is online to approve it, in this system a PVT would only be allowed to join a regiment along as a CPL+ is online to check that they're not just here to minge, instead of being given a try-out they're shown how the regiment works + the equipment that they can get.

IMO the current state try-outs are useless aside for STS/ SAS as all they do is go through faces/ formations which will never/ rarely be used.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

Improves the new player experience and means that the retention of new players increases.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

Cant really think of any please suggest any below.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Improves the new player experience.

I made this suggestion as SL have denied me from testing this idea in the past.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
+support

Though I'd suggest that some kind of proficiency test be made a requirement for promotion to PFC. Perhaps still keep the NATO infantry uniform for them and give each regiment a "REG - Recruit" job.

This also still doesn't provide any guidance on how the server really works. IMO basics like "go to the briefing room before each war" should be on the boards in the training lobby.

StefanZEW

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 3, 2022
Romania
+ Support
I think this can work , we can have them as a TRN in our REG , EX:ISAF TRN Doofy, and teach him the things needed and after that he can get PVT , 80% of the time a TRN is poorly trained and when i do tryouts i find them knowing nothing but if i feel like they are going to do good , i accept them in the regiment and train them myself.

tony schleck

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Jun 11, 2021
+support...but

very good suggestion specially with the new system
for my reg (tanks) i will have a mandotory intro that they have to do
small bad part is that is removing another RP part of the server and we are lacking little bit of it now

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+Support

This actually makes perfect use of the PVT rank in regiments. Use it as an introductory/probationary rank so new players get familiar with their regiments before being promoted.

Tryouts are a bit daft unless you are STS/SAS, there's no real benefit to them other than them proving they can do a chain of 50 faces. What would be good is possibly adding a tryout to get to PFC that PVTs can work towards, learning on the job so to speak.

Also, whilst we're at it, there is absolutely no need for any faces in regiments to go beyond 4. This stupidly outdated system of LRAAFFALLRLALFFFFLLRRRRR is driving away players and it only done to sooth the ego of reg command who think their regiment is the shit. Please ban any reg command that have those faces in their tryouts.

OOGA BOOGA

Oct 22, 2021
+support
The possibilities here are huge on introducing new fresh faces to the server.
Might be an idea to create a board ingame that shows what each regiment does, their level 5/10/15/20 unlocks so the new players have something to work towards

Redrrx

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 4, 2021
Algeria
+Support
That man has a point and i totally Agree,ive noticed that too a couple months ago,the people we trained had no clue what they were doing
And also this will get more player count because of what i said before.

I also wanted to add an idea myself which is to do a trial not tryout to check on if they are willing to join (Fr)

Jack G

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 19, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Connor, Your suggestion has been accepted. Connor is moving forward with this.
Thanks,
Content Team​

Status
Not open for further replies.