Accepted Multiple Codes/Alarms

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

One of the Johnny's

Apr 4, 2023
UK Server
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds the feature to have Multiple codes going on at once.
If needed, a priority system to make the alarm sound effects not blare at the same time, or add a new alarm such as "Multiple codes at once, MTF unit's respond."
Or the simplest solution, make them blare at different Intervals.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2)
Fixes confusion when several codes are happening at once
D-class can no longer use "Its a code 5" as an excuse for not allowing proper riot countermeasures
Gives newly-joined players more information about whats happening

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
If not properly implemented, could be annoying.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It's a simple quality of life improvement that fixes much confusion and i don't see it disrupting anything is properly implemented.

Jul 26, 2022
NY?
+Support
So many times where its a code 1 and its a code 2 first and either a officer puts it back to code 2 and gets in trouble or while 912 is in dblock about 8 reports come in saying he can only be in there during code 2 while its still a code 2 just overriden by a code 1 and they think since 2 is a higher number than 1 that that cant happen

Jul 26, 2022
NY?
Hi there , can't you just say "silent code 2"?
Answering as a captain myself and what i said prior "So many times where its a code 1 and its a code 2 first and either a officer puts it back to code 2 and gets in trouble or while 912 is in dblock about 8 reports come in saying he can only be in there during code 2 while its still a code 2 just overridden by a code 1 and they think since 2 is a higher number than 1 that that cant happen" D-class dont have access to comms so they will not know hence more reports for no reason and just how fast comms are since during code 1s and 2s they are very active it is still hard to see especially if you have more than just gensec

One of the Johnny's

Apr 4, 2023
UK Server
Hi there , can't you just say "silent code 2"?
You can, but its much worse than what i have proposed, it's not the biggest issue i'll admit. But it is a quality of life improvement that i think shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Its not a urgent massive reform that's needed, but it is a quality of life improvement that would be preferable to what we have now. Saying "Silent Alarm" in comms only slightly helps. It wouldn't clutter up the screen 90% of the times (How often do you see over 2 codes at once?), and if it did you could reduce the text size.

Status
Not open for further replies.