Murlon's Executive Researcher Application [UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murlon

May 31, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:106373067
Discord name: Murlon#2933
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Just over 7 days (around 170 hours)
In what country are you located?: United Kingdom
Time zone: BST
Character name(s): Damond M. Murlon | Mortimer C. Hallowgrave (Research)
Civilian name: Barnaby M.
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: MTF E-11 PVT (current)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: Yes, I have a warning for RDM that I received the first time I joined the server. As GENSEC, I killed a D-Class who's torch I mistook for a pistol.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
After spending a significant amount of time exploring the server, the Department of Research has truly captured my interest. I find it incredibly engaging to come up with new research ideas and bring them to life through roleplay. It's exciting to be a part of the SCP-based roleplay community and immerse myself in the fascinating world of SCPs, both in-game and beyond. The Department of Research is where I feel I can contribute the most and make a meaningful impact. I'm genuinely passionate about expanding my knowledge and collaborating with others, and being a part of this department allows me to do just that. It's a fulfilling and enjoyable experience that I'm eager to continue and contribute to the ongoing development of the server.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:

I believe my suitability lies in my commitment to immersive roleplay. Throughout my gaming experience, I have consistently upheld a high standard of roleplay on various servers. While this would be my first clearance level 4 position, I bring with me thousands of hours of experience in serious roleplay and in-game leadership.
I am eager to channel my extensive roleplay background into the role of an executive researcher, as it aligns perfectly with my passion for the SCP universe. I see the Department of Research as a place where individuals can wholeheartedly express their enthusiasm for SCPs and the entire fictional universe surrounding them. My goal is to contribute to the reinforcement of this vibrant and engaging environment, where players can fully immerse themselves and explore the depths of SCP-related research.

By drawing upon my experience and leadership skills, I am confident in my ability to guide and inspire fellow researchers, foster a positive roleplay atmosphere, and contribute to the ongoing growth and success of the SCP Foundation server. I have received positive feedback from existing senior departmental members already.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?:
I have written a total of four documents that have received an excellent grade. These documents are as follows:

1. SCP-012 | Psychological Effects of SCP-012 on Deaf Individuals
  2. SCP-087 | Distances, Distortions, and Subjective Experiences
  3. SCP-457 | Suit Testing: Heat and Flames Assessment
  4. SCP-173 | Visual Impairment Study: Behavior and Containment Implications
An excellent-rated document is characterized by several key factors. Firstly, it must be exemplary, standing out from other documents in terms of its quality and content. It should demonstrate a high level of thought and consideration for the roleplay elements involved.

Secondly, an excellent document should exhibit proper grammar, spelling, and formatting, ensuring clear and effective communication. Attention to detail in these aspects is essential for maintaining professionalism.

Moreover, an excellent document should showcase unique aims or objectives that reflect creativity and originality. These aims should go beyond conventional expectations and offer innovative perspectives or approaches to the subject matter.

Lastly, a comprehensive and highly detailed method and conclusion are vital components of an excellent document. The method should outline the specific steps and procedures undertaken, while the conclusion should provide a thorough analysis and evaluation of the findings, drawing meaningful insights and implications.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
Executive researchers play a pivotal role in providing guidance and support to junior researchers within the department. Their responsibilities extend to mentoring new team members, assisting in their role induction, and serving as a reliable point of contact for any departmental inquiries or concerns. Additionally, executive researchers are actively involved in observing tests conducted by the research team, ensuring adherence to ethical practices and promoting a culture of creativity.

One of their important tasks is fostering a nurturing environment where creativity and ethical values are encouraged and upheld. They are responsible for upholding departmental rules and regulations as well as ensuring compliance with the Foundation Legal Codex.

Another crucial aspect of their role is the grading of documents. Executive researchers are entrusted with providing constructive feedback to all levels of researchers, assisting them in improving their work, and reviewing final submissions before they are uploaded.

Furthermore, executive researchers assume the responsibility for overseeing tests involving SCPs with clearance level 4. These may include SCP-008, SCP-079, and SCP-682. Their expertise and knowledge in handling high-level SCPs contribute to maintaining safety and effective research practices.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Born in the enchanting town of Glastonbury, England, my parents represented a fusion of Jamaican and British heritage, imbuing me with a deep appreciation for cultural diversity. Growing up amidst the mystical landscapes of Glastonbury Tor and the legends of King Arthur, I developed a profound fascination for the occult and the world of folklore.

From an early age, I immersed myself in the study of ancient mysticism, devouring books on witchcraft, divination, and the esoteric arts. This passion for the occult was complemented by my intrigue with folklore and its ability to weave captivating tales that transcended time and place.

While my peers pursued more conventional academic paths, my thirst for knowledge led me down a unique trajectory. I embarked on a journey of self-discovery, traveling across the globe to unearth ancient secrets and learn from the guardians of esoteric wisdom. From the sacred sites of Stonehenge to the temples of Japan, I delved deep into the realms of hidden knowledge, drawing inspiration from the mysteries that lay beyond the confines of rational understanding.

My academic pursuits eventually led me to the University of Cambridge, where I further honed my passion for the occult and folklore. While my formal studies encompassed a degree in Anthropology and Mythology, my true scholarly devotion lay in unravelling the enigmatic connections between ancient belief systems and the supernatural.

For over two decades, I had the privilege of teaching and researching at Cambridge, sharing my insights with eager minds and expanding the boundaries of our collective understanding. Yet, as fulfilling as my time at the university was, I felt a yearning to apply my knowledge and expertise in a more profound and practical manner.

Thus, destiny beckoned me towards the SCP Foundation. Within its clandestine corridors, I found a sanctuary for my passions, a place where the worlds of the occult and the anomalous converge. Here, I could delve into the depths of ancient texts, decipher cryptic symbols, and unlock the secrets that lie beyond the realm of conventional comprehension.

I now embrace the opportunity to channel my expertise in the occult and folklore towards unraveling the mysteries that confound ordinary minds. With unwavering dedication and an insatiable thirst for discovery, I aim to shed light on the hidden truths that permeate our world and protect humanity from the arcane forces that threaten its very existence.

Jessy Soul [XD-4]

Sep 6, 2022
+support
-Good detail
-Seen a lot of great documents

/////////////////////////////////
-support
not seen much

Overall +Support

Reactions: Murlon

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
+Support
Absolutely excellent documenting and test ideas.
Good activity, I've seen you a lot on research.
Respectful, mature and a great guy in general.

Hi Hallowgrave, I've given you a +support for the reasons listed above. Fairly certain you mentioned possibly applying for executive researcher in the near future when we discussed some of your tests, and I think that this is long overdue. You've clearly shown that you have the creativity and qualities necessary to make a great executive, and your tests have been an absolute pleasure to read.

Hope to see you on the team!
Exec. Researcher James Overscott

Deleted member 3942

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the Directors of Research.

Greetings, @Murlon

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Yours sincerely,
Director of Research,
Dr. Engallagher Ludenberg

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.