Murlon's Medical Consultant Application [UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murlon

May 31, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:106373067
Discord name: pepsimaximumtastezerosugar
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Just over 7 days (around 170 hours)
In what country are you located?: United Kingdom
Time zone: BST
Character name(s): Damond M. Murlon | Mortimer C. Hallowgrave
Civilian name: Barnaby M.
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: Executive Researcher (current) MTF E-11 PVT (held)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: Yes, I have a warning for RDM that I received the first time I joined the server. As GENSEC, I killed a D-Class who's torch I mistook for a pistol.

Why are you applying for Medical Consultant?
As a new player on the server, I initially chose to be a junior doctor because I was drawn to the idea of being exposed to various environments and situations without bearing the full weight of situational responsibility. This assumption turned out to be true, and despite my recent lower activity in the role, it served as the foundation for my journey. The role of a doctor brought me a sense of security and allowed me to make my first steps into the server.

However, as I became more involved in the medical department, I started noticing areas that could be improved and challenges that needed to be addressed. It is my genuine desire to contribute towards driving positive changes in the department. One of the aspects I find particularly rewarding is the opportunity to meet people in unique and peculiar situations. There is an incredible sense of accomplishment when I can turn what would otherwise be mundane scenarios into enjoyable and immersive roleplay experiences.

Becoming a medical consultant would enable me to take this a step further. I would have the chance to assist others in experiencing the same sense of joy and fulfilment that I did when I first joined the server. By reinforcing and improving the existing medical practitioner experience, I aim to contribute to the overall fun, engagement, and uniqueness of the roleplay community.

What makes you suitable for Medical Consultant?:
To begin with, I already hold a CL4 role, which has given me a solid understanding of the expectations and responsibilities that come with it. It's been enjoyable so far, having fuelled my passion for creating immersive roleplay experiences. I would like to think I uphold the standards associated with a CL4 position and bring my enthusiasm for roleplay to the forefront.

Admittedly, some may make a point about my recent activity. I must admit that I haven't been as active as I would have liked, but please know that it hasn't diminished my dedication in any way. Things came up that restricted my availability. However, what remains unchanged is my genuine enjoyment in creating captivating roleplay scenarios. I am fully committed to improving my activity and making myself more accessible to assist and guide people in their medical inquiries and experiences.

On a more personal note, I've always been someone who enjoys connecting with people and fostering a friendly atmosphere. As a doctor and researcher, I've had the privilege of building relationships with other players. I have a natural ability to strike up conversations, listen attentively, and make others feel comfortable around me. It makes me feel positive to be able to provide support and assistance to other people, whether it's addressing medical concerns or simply having a chat. So, if you

Finally, I am someone who always strives to go above and beyond, seeking opportunities for growth and improvement in every aspect. I have a genuine passion for creating memorable and immersive experiences and believe in pushing the boundaries and exploring new ideas and I believe I can do it better as a Consultant.

Please explain an in-game medical procedure of your choice:
Please find two below. The first is a genuine in-game procedure, the second is an entirely roleplay-based one.

Electroshock Therapy

Electroshock Therapy (EST) is a specialized procedure used to treat injuries and conditions resulting from anomalous activity in the game. It serves as an alternative to conventional medicine, which may not be effective for these specific ailments. EST works by inducing controlled cardiac arrest, which helps decrease the anomalous activity. Once the arrest is induced, the patient is promptly resuscitated. This procedure is applicable to both physical and mental trauma caused by the anomalous.

To perform Electroshock Therapy, the following steps are followed:

a) Identifying Symptoms: The medical professional should carefully observe visual indicators and question the patient to understand their symptoms and determine if EST is suitable. Remember, EST is specifically intended for treating injuries or conditions caused by anomalous activity.

b) Suitability Questioning: Due to the potential risks involved, an individual should only undergo successful defibrillation once in their current life. The practitioner must inquire whether the patient has already been revived to avoid administering EST again.

c) Consent: Since EST temporarily stops the patient's heart, it is crucial to obtain explicit consent before proceeding with the treatment. The practitioner must ensure that the patient fully understands the procedure and provides informed consent.

d) Briefing: Prior to the treatment, the patient should be briefed on what to expect and instructed not to walk towards the light, symbolizing the potential dangers of cardiac arrest. The treatment should only proceed once the patient confirms their understanding and acknowledges this instruction.

e) Method: The procedure takes place in the Medbay. The medical professional will position the patient safely within the designated zone. They will equip themselves with a sharp, sterile instrument (such as a harpoon) from their locker. When ready, the instrument is thrown into the patient, inducing immediate cardiac arrest. At this point, the patient is defibrillated to restart their heart.

f) Follow-up Checks: After the procedure, any basic wound treatment should be administered if necessary. The patient should then be reassessed to ensure the success of the treatment, repeating step a to evaluate the outcome.

Mental Condition Treatment

Medical duties are predominantly based around physical injuries although there are situations where people roleplay mental conditions. This is a procedure that I would do if someone approached me seeking help because they think they have depression.

a) Approach and Assessment: Greet the individual and allow them to express their concerns about potentially having depression. Actively listen to their experiences, symptoms, and any relevant information they provide.

b) Identifying Depression Symptoms: Based on the information shared, assess the presence of symptoms commonly associated with depression (persistent bad moods, lack of energy, irregular weight change) etc. Ask specific questions to gather more details and gain a better understanding of their situation.

c) Providing Information and Education: Offer basic information about depression, explaining its symptoms, causes, and potential impact on daily life. Address any misconceptions and provide reassurance that seeking help is a positive step.

d) Treatment Recommendation: If the assessment suggests a potential diagnosis of depression, discuss treatment options. In a roleplay context, you can roleplay the prescription of sertraline, a common medication used in the treatment of depression, also producible in-game. Then explaining the purpose of sertraline, its potential benefits, and any important considerations or potential side effects.

e) Follow-up and Support: Express ongoing support, check-ins, and encourage them to reach out if they have any further questions or concerns. Offer guidance and reassurance throughout their journey.

To engage in roleplay related to mental condition diagnosis and treatment, it's essential to conduct basic research. Most individuals may not be familiar with the specific symptoms or treatments associated with mental conditions. While it can be challenging, investing effort in understanding these aspects can open up opportunities for creating new and unique roleplay experiences.

What are the responsibilities of the Medical Consultant in RP?:
Medical Consultants make up the junior department leadership. It is their responsibility to assist the department directors in operating, maintaining and developing the department.

Mentorship and guidance:
- Act as a mentor for trainees, providing guidance and hosting medical license trainings
- Assist medical staff with any questions as well as listen to any feedback they have
- Provide constructive feedback and recognition to promote professional growth and development

Oversight and compliance:
- Monitor the work of the department staff to ensure adherence to procedures and the Foundation Legal Codex
- Maintain a safe and ethical environment within the medical department.

Conflict resolution and disciplinary actions:
  • Address conflicts or issues that arise among staff members
  • Follow appropriate disciplinary procedures when necessary
  • Provide guidance and support to resolve conflicts
As well as this, they have their CL4 responsibilities and just generally trying to keep the department standards high, staff happy, and maintain operational effectiveness.

Please give some lore about your Medical Consultant character and what storylines they would be involved in:

From a young age, Damond was captivated by the complexities of human behaviour and the power of empathy. Growing up, he found solace in literature and psychology, devouring books that explored the depths of the human psyche. As Damond entered his teenage years, he found himself desperately grieving after the loss of his sister. Through his sorrow, he was supported by his school and local council. Suffering self-inflicted wounds and severe mental distress, he was sent to a rehabilitation facility. During his time there, he received treatment and care from dedicated professionals who recognized his remarkable fascination with their work. Despite his own struggles, Damond became deeply intrigued by the field of mental health and the power of therapeutic interventions. The staff at the facility witnessed how his intense curiosity and interest in their work became a transformative distraction from his own pain.

After leaving that facility after only 2 years, Damond felt better than ever having emerged with a newfound sense of purpose. He volunteered as a first aid trainer at his school, going on to study basic anatomy and psychology in college. Fuelled by his passion, Damond pursued an academic path that led him to Cambridge University, where he embarked on a journey of scientific exploration and understanding. There, he earned a doctorate in Psychosomatic Medicine, conducting countless scientific studies to unravel the intricate relationship between psychological states and physical health.

Damond's ground-breaking work caught the attention of the SCP Foundation. Recognizing his expertise in the field of psychosomatic medicine and his unique perspective on the intricate connections between mind and body, the SCP Foundation recruited Damond to join their ranks. His understanding of the human mind and his ability to navigate complex psychological landscapes have proven invaluable in dealing with anomalous phenomena that directly impact individuals' mental and emotional well-being.

Murlon

May 31, 2023
Please close this threat as I am withdrawing my application (unrelated to lack of support).

Status
Not open for further replies.