Denied Musket for d-block defense

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AceDiscounti

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 14, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[Response here]A musket for gensec

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[Response here] No
Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
[Response here] D-class will fear the Musket

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[Response here] It's smoothbore and nails the assistant

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[Response here]
Own a musket for D-block defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my airlock. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the IA agent watching. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off the sites alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He bleeds out waiting on 912 to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the founding fathers intended.

AceDiscounti

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 14, 2022
I Own a Musket for D-Block Defense, since that's what the ██ █████ intended. Four Chaos break into D-Block "What the devil?" As I grab my Ferguson rifle and Nerve gas.

Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my gas on the second man and miss him entirely because my aim is horrible and nail the neighboring D-Class Brute. I have to resort to the matador mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "TALLY HO LADS" the matador shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off Site alarms.

"CODE ONE, INTRUDERS IN THE SITE, MTF UNITS RESPOND URGENTLY."

Fix my CSGO bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the SOP to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up!

Ahh.. Just as the ██ █████ intended
can i steal this? this is way better

Skinner

Sep 8, 2023
Alberta, Canada
can i steal this? this is way better
In accordance with the customs and intentions of our esteemed founding fathers, it is hereby ordained that one shall possess a musket for the defense of one's homestead, as the inherent right enshrined by Providence. Upon a dire intrusion by four ruffians into the sanctity of my domicile, I, with righteous indignation, exclaim, "What infernal tumult is this?" Seizing my powdered peruke and trusty Kentucky rifle, I discharge a projectile the size of a golf ball through the body of the foremost miscreant, thus dispatching him to the abyss of mortality. With a steadied resolve, I raise my pistol against the second assailant, yet alas, the smoothbore nature of my armament leads the shot astray, inadvertently striking an unwitting observer of the government's oversight. In desperation, I am compelled to unleash the thunderous fury of the cannon, positioned atop the staircase, laden with grape shot. "Forthwith, my comrades!" I cry, as the volley obliterates two trespassers, prompting the cacophony to reverberate and instigate the sounding of alarms throughout the precinct. Armed with naught but a bayonet, I gallantly charge forth against the final scoundrel, who succumbs to the inevitability of his grievous wounds, whilst awaiting the tardy arrival of official assistance, for verily, the triangular punctures inflicted by my weapon are beyond the realm of surgical remedy. Thus concludes the noble defense, in accordance with the sacred principles laid down by the revered architects of our great nation.

Captain 'Jacket' / Fang

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Jul 19, 2023
France
+ Support for the following reasons :

-Doesn't harm to put this at least in the armoury
-Site 65 got futuristic weapons, why not OG weapons?
-Would be a symbol to the UK server
-Everyone would take it
-Want to shoot a hostile with it

Lightsoulist

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 23, 2022
+support
Makes total sense for gensec to have a musket ngl
I think every gensec should spawn with one so we can have a colonial power take command in dblock to show the dirty dclass who is really in charge here

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
In accordance with the customs and intentions of our esteemed founding fathers, it is hereby ordained that one shall possess a musket for the defense of one's homestead, as the inherent right enshrined by Providence. Upon a dire intrusion by four ruffians into the sanctity of my domicile, I, with righteous indignation, exclaim, "What infernal tumult is this?" Seizing my powdered peruke and trusty Kentucky rifle, I discharge a projectile the size of a golf ball through the body of the foremost miscreant, thus dispatching him to the abyss of mortality. With a steadied resolve, I raise my pistol against the second assailant, yet alas, the smoothbore nature of my armament leads the shot astray, inadvertently striking an unwitting observer of the government's oversight. In desperation, I am compelled to unleash the thunderous fury of the cannon, positioned atop the staircase, laden with grape shot. "Forthwith, my comrades!" I cry, as the volley obliterates two trespassers, prompting the cacophony to reverberate and instigate the sounding of alarms throughout the precinct. Armed with naught but a bayonet, I gallantly charge forth against the final scoundrel, who succumbs to the inevitability of his grievous wounds, whilst awaiting the tardy arrival of official assistance, for verily, the triangular punctures inflicted by my weapon are beyond the realm of surgical remedy. Thus concludes the noble defense, in accordance with the sacred principles laid down by the revered architects of our great nation.
did bro use a formal translator ?

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
-Support
How would it make sense in RP, make an event?
We're in Canada. I think they're one of the few legal firearms. I think it's similar to how we have the QBZ-97 (was legal in canada, unlike the military QBZ-95) and VHS-97 (ditto to QBZ). So could just say it's a personal weapon from home.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+support
W suggestion

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
This could actually be used as part of an event or something

screwyouroblox

Mar 4, 2023
+support
The suggestion to introduce a musket for Gensec into the gaming environment represents a delightful departure from the conventional arsenal typically found in such settings. With its historical charm and potential for unique gameplay interactions, this request stands out as one of the best in its imaginative approach. The very notion of arming security personnel with a weapon from a bygone era adds an element of whimsy and intrigue to the game's dynamics, promising to breathe fresh life into familiar scenarios.
What sets this suggestion apart from previous proposals is its distinctiveness. While other suggestions may have focused on modernizing weaponry or introducing variations of existing firearms, the proposal for a musket for Gensec takes a bold step in an entirely different direction. Its novelty lies in its historical context and the potential it holds to create a genuinely distinctive gameplay experience. In a landscape saturated with high-tech weaponry, the introduction of a musket injects a touch of old-world charm, offering players a break from the expected and a chance to engage with a weapon steeped in history.
Considering the potential positives of this suggestion, one cannot overlook the psychological impact it may have on D-class personnel. The presence of a musket within the confines of D-block would undoubtedly instill a sense of fear and uncertainty among potential troublemakers. The very sight of such a weapon, with its historical weight and power, could serve as a potent deterrent against any attempts at insurrection or breach of security within the facility. Furthermore, the introduction of an unconventional weapon like a musket has the potential to add an element of unpredictability to gameplay, keeping players on their toes and enhancing the overall experience.
However, it's crucial to address the potential negatives associated with this suggestion. The smoothbore nature of muskets, for instance, could lead to inaccuracies and unintended consequences during combat scenarios. The lack of rifling in musket barrels means they are less accurate than modern firearms, potentially resulting in collateral damage or unintended harm to innocent bystanders or allies. Additionally, the slow reloading process and limited range of muskets could pose challenges in fast-paced combat situations, requiring players to adopt strategic approaches to maximize their effectiveness.
Nevertheless, despite these drawbacks, the suggestion to introduce a musket for Gensec warrants serious consideration. Its historical significance and potential to add depth to gameplay outweigh the negatives. Furthermore, the humor and creativity embedded within the proposal, as exemplified by the vivid scenario described, add an extra layer of appeal. Embracing this suggestion not only diversifies the arsenal available in the game but also pays homage to the rich tapestry of history, providing players with a unique and memorable experience.
In essence, accepting this suggestion aligns perfectly with the spirit of innovation and fun that defines the gaming experience. By embracing the unexpected and embracing the whimsical charm of a musket for Gensec, developers have the opportunity to create something truly special—a gameplay experience that combines historical authenticity with modern entertainment. In doing so, they not only cater to the desires of players for novelty and variety but also showcase a willingness to think outside the box and explore new creative avenues.

Status
Not open for further replies.