Accepted Naming rule

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: Make it so we don't have to add a first and last name in our name. Recently staff on US started enforcing this in which a lot of players were upset about. When I ask in the where in the rules it says that Jules responded with it's "common sense" my issue here is that's not a excuse as many players on GMOD don't have common sense and enforcing a rule that doesn't exist shouldn't be allowed. If this suggestion gets denied at least add it into the rules please.

1.20(a) Naming Conventions - Names used when creating a character must be realistic and not contain any special characters, unnecessary letters, numbers, or resembling a famous celebrity or character - An exception is made for identifying squadrons, such as [LDR]

1.20(b) Code Names - If you use a code name (e.g. John "Cloak" Smith), the following rules apply: Code names should be 1 word and must be a real word, a portmanteau of two real words, or a place name, and must be something sensible. The exception to this is for all CL5 keycard holders (F/GOC/CI) and MTFs Omega-1 & Alpha-1, who may have a longer codename without a real name.

(Don't know where it says in these rules about this but yea this is the rule the staff team are referring too.)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Adds RP for interrogations as players should be allowed to interrogate high rankings of their name. Instead of just looking at there card.
Gives players freedom for their names as it shouldn't be required to have a first and last name as it makes it so names super long.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:None.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted: I believe this should be accepted because us players should be able to choose on how we want to format our name as long as its realistic.

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
+Support

I get wanting to promote better RP, but I feel like forcing people to have their names, expecially for MTF's, is a bit detrimental and counter productive. Interrogation RP is already pretty lobotomized, but allowing people to just have "Realistic" pure codenames and people have to seek out real names is better RP.

CI, and by definition A-1, O-1, and NU-7 would be heavily operating in Code Names to mask their identities from each other. The fact you would have a real Identifying name on your clearance card makes little to no sense.

Reactions: Dalton

Evil

Jun 24, 2022
+support
oh you want to have a code word for yourself to have rp in your character.... to bad that is a naming con prepare to be warn

Mirage

Donator
Jun 15, 2022
UK
+Support
I have never understood the reason behind this rule it just made no sense and still doesn’t

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
+Support
Please Staff! I want to keep my name I have had for 7 months and nobody had questioned me on till recently!

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
Massive +Support

I've just been "Skittles" for months on end and it makes absolutely no positive impact to force someone to have a full name to have a codename.

Snavier

May 5, 2023
+MAJOR SUPPORT

Code names for O-1, A-1, NU-7 and other factions shouldn't be a naming convention. It would be able to reduce meta gaming as well as prevent it. It would be helpful to DEA, IA, Ethics and 05s.

MazuzaM

Apr 7, 2022
As long as your name isn't an username but an actual name I don't see why you should put the full name
+ support
This doesn't mean you can call yourself coolbanana23 or some unrealistic name

Alpharius

Feb 27, 2023
+Support
Makes absolutely no sense for CI to have their full names on their keycards.

Second

+Support

Best way to handle this would be to ban offensive names, celebrity/famous names, and obviously unrealistic codenames (i.e LaughingLarry3224). Everything else should be fair game imo, this is the SCP Foundation where goofy things happen, I see no reason why names should be excluded.

• Love
Reactions: Sir Barry

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
+MAJOR SUPPORT
I HATE THIS STUPID RULE SO MUCH MY NAMES LOOKS SO STUPID NOW what does it even matter if they cant see our names IN CHARACTER

Reactions: Basilisk
Status
Not open for further replies.