Not open for further replies.

Nathan Smith

Jun 5, 2022
[REDACTED] USA
Your in-game name: Nathan Smith
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:523361086
Your steam community link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199006987900
Date of ban: 10/23/22
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Minor glitching B|Stacked Bans X
Who banned you: Mark “Alpha” Nagoa
Ban length?: 26 weeks
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCPRP-US
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will start this off with a backstory on the incident that led to this ban, IA had arrested me for doing a PAC-3 spray of a cat on the wall and I was not happy about it. When I got out of jail I thought I had disabled it but it went off again in front of the agent who arrested me leading to another arrest. This is when my poor behavior started as I hopped while cuffed and was very rude, in the moment I didn't think about what I was doing and how this behavior would lead to a ban due to my history, but now I can reflect on it and take away a few things. One when I think something is unfair I should handle it in an appropriate way like calling a sit or ethics. Two I should try to be less of a nuisance as that makes people a lot more likely to go after me for things like the cat spray. Finally one of the most important lessons for me is that sometimes I need to take a break from SCP-RP to not only be able to stay and not be a minge but also for my general mental health.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?
Yes, many times sadly.
Why should you be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned because I feel that I can be a positive member of the RP community after the break I have had caused by this ban. I feel like in I can play a good part in RP, one big example of this is that I do lots of work as a researcher I have joined, and am still(on LOA) in a division going as far as to be a part of making the division roster. I do however understand that there are consequences for actions and know that this is very likely my last chance to prove that I can and will roleplay properly.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: There are a few things I can do to avoid breaking rules. One big thing I can do to avoid breaking rules is call a sit when I feel I'm being treated unfairly as my fighting back in the moment just causes me to be in the wrong. Another is to take a break when I'm getting bored or tired as this is when most of my bad decisions happen and things start going from RP to minging. Finally, I need to find other hobbies that are not SCP-RP games because loving and spending lots of time on one is fine, but if you spend all your time on the game and feel like life revolves around it, it crosses a line and becomes unhealthy.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I love this server, it's very
fun and lots of my online friends are here and I miss it very much.

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021
Hi @Qualiss,
If I recall correctly, when I initially reviewed the video that was provided to me, it showed that you had applied the spray directly onto the person in question which is FailRP/Pac Abuse, however I was willing to let that one go as it was something minor and the agent didn't mind letting that one go either. What caused you to get banned was the fact that after the spray occured, you were handcuffed for being a public nuisance and decided to start jumping around while being dragged which resulted in you being launched away from the agent. To further add onto this, it was explained to you that Flames had spoken to you in regards to a complaint and told you that you were on your last straw. This was also made clear in my response to that complaint which can be seen here: https://www.civilgamers.com/communi...athan-smith-failrp-complaint.8147/#post-51686

I also want to make it clear that flames had also gave you a chance a few days before this ban was issued by only banning you for a day for Minor Glitching to which he also explained this to you and said that he could have gave the Stacked Bans punishment then.

Regards,
Alpha

Nomad_600

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Jan 4, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi @Qualiss

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After taking into consideration of your situation I have decided to deny your ban appeal. You have been given multiple chance before to follow the rules set for our servers, furthermore like stated by Alpha you have been given a previous chance by Flames when he only ban you for a day.

You may re-appeal in 2 Weeks

Kind regards,
Nomad​

Status
Not open for further replies.