Nerf Dimension Raids

Sep 19, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Give Foundation a beam like the recontainment beam to get people out of the dimension forcefully
Or more other stuff to get CI out of Dimension

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No I don’t think so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
The Scranton anchor currently is almost no counter against Ci considering its shorth range CI can easily evade them. So giving Foundation more tools ti counter them would make them far more balanced

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
The dimension , a in theory very awesome addition to the server gets used less.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Becuse as of current , if someone is in dimension it’s super hard to get them out of there. During a raid , we have to predict where they will go next to get them out. Becuse we can only get them out when we are close to them. Making them not really fun for foundation Becuse breaching CC we need to use meat grinder tactics for which we usually do not have enaught people. So fighting them in the Hallways is where we can grind them down so stopping them becomes easier.

Sep 19, 2023
how are dimension raids even that bad like theres no need for a counter
Becuse as long as they are in dimension we can’t stop them in HCZ. To efficiently breach a room and kill all of CI we need a 3 to 1 Ratio to stop them. Since we can’t engage them as long as they are in dimension CI can just do what ever they want with E-11 being unable to stop them Becuse we don’t have the numbers.

Jun 24, 2022
Becuse as long as they are in dimension we can’t stop them in HCZ. To efficiently breach a room and kill all of CI we need a 3 to 1 Ratio to stop them. Since we can’t engage them as long as they are in dimension CI can just do what ever they want with E-11 being unable to stop them Becuse we don’t have the numbers.
its pretty simple just close the bulk about 80% of the time ci don't have lev 4 and even if they do just have e11 go to the hot scp or just have 80% mtf force in hcz and camp in scp containments
-support

Last edited:
Closing bulks works, scrantons can easily work sometimes you just gotta be smart about it.
its pretty simple just close the bulk about 80% of the time ci don't have lev 4 and even if they do just have e11 go to the hot scp or just have 80% mtf force in hcz and camp in scp containments
-support
These are incredibly one-sided counter suggestions and are not conducive to server health. Have a bulkhead closed "80% of the time" or having "80% of MTF camp SCP containments" are not fun for anyone involved, and stimulate 0 roleplay. Additionally, I believe no MTF would want to sit at SCP-079 or SCP-008's containment only to suddenly get bombarded by 10 to 25 CI appearing out of no where.

Another reason these suggested counters are ineffective is due to the arbitrary cooldown placed on Scranton Reality Anchors, with 1 person being able to place 1 anchor every 30 minutes regardless of how many they have. It is also meta gaming to "conveniently" place down an anchor in an elevator or similar during a shadow raid, as the Foundation would have no way of knowing the raid is taking place without breaking rules to do so.
Atleast on US, shadow raids are full frontal. Plus you can put scrantons in elevators
If Foundation meta games it, then you can call a sit and get a refund or the individual(s) punished. As stated prior, it would still be meta gaming to place an anchor down in an elevator during a raid since Foundation would have no way of knowing, even if they did, it would only cover "half" of the elevator(or the part that it's placed at), since it isn't a ride but a teleport to a seperate part of the map most times, with actual elevators(like HCZ Primary) not taking the SRA down the lift.

I believe there are no effective counters to a dimension raid at this time, aside from ones that are not roleplay conducive or break server rules. I feel as though a proper counter needs to be made, though band aid solutions can be mustered until the content team can implement an effective way to counter it that allows a fair attempt from both sides.

I propose the removal of the SRA cooldown, since it was introduced during the TG update, it was made(I assume) to prevent players from spamming them down every time a TG or TB breached or was on site, but now that the SRA has more than 2 uses, I believe its time to remove this restriction, since it already has a 30 minute cooldown when buying them from dispensers.

While this wouldn't fix the overall inbalance of dimension raids, it would definitely be a decent fix that could allow personnel who spawn with SRAs, namely E-11, to effectively make HCZ dimension raids more difficult while not outright making them obsolete.

TL;DR
Make SRAs more prevalent since they are needed to close hume fields, counter TG/B, and now Dimension raids as a temporary solution to this problem. Also closing bulkheads and camping isnt RP conducive nor fun, so suggesting those as standard counters is a bad idea.

These are incredibly one-sided counter suggestions and are not conducive to server health. Have a bulkhead closed "80% of the time" or having "80% of MTF camp SCP containments" are not fun for anyone involved, and stimulate 0 roleplay. Additionally, I believe no MTF would want to sit at SCP-079 or SCP-008's containment only to suddenly get bombarded by 10 to 25 CI appearing out of no where.

Another reason these suggested counters are ineffective is due to the arbitrary cooldown placed on Scranton Reality Anchors, with 1 person being able to place 1 anchor every 30 minutes regardless of how many they have. It is also meta gaming to "conveniently" place down an anchor in an elevator or similar during a shadow raid, as the Foundation would have no way of knowing the raid is taking place without breaking rules to do so.

If Foundation meta games it, then you can call a sit and get a refund or the individual(s) punished. As stated prior, it would still be meta gaming to place an anchor down in an elevator during a raid since Foundation would have no way of knowing, even if they did, it would only cover "half" of the elevator(or the part that it's placed at), since it isn't a ride but a teleport to a seperate part of the map most times, with actual elevators(like HCZ Primary) not taking the SRA down the lift.

I believe there are no effective counters to a dimension raid at this time, aside from ones that are not roleplay conducive or break server rules. I feel as though a proper counter needs to be made, though band aid solutions can be mustered until the content team can implement an effective way to counter it that allows a fair attempt from both sides.

I propose the removal of the SRA cooldown, since it was introduced during the TG update, it was made(I assume) to prevent players from spamming them down every time a TG or TB breached or was on site, but now that the SRA has more than 2 uses, I believe its time to remove this restriction, since it already has a 30 minute cooldown when buying them from dispensers.

While this wouldn't fix the overall inbalance of dimension raids, it would definitely be a decent fix that could allow personnel who spawn with SRAs, namely E-11, to effectively make HCZ dimension raids more difficult while not outright making them obsolete.

TL;DR
Make SRAs more prevalent since they are needed to close hume fields, counter TG/B, and now Dimension raids as a temporary solution to this problem. Also closing bulkheads and camping isnt RP conducive nor fun, so suggesting those as standard counters is a bad idea.
i aint reading allat

I feel as though with more development put into them they could do some really interesting things, and I think having the dimensions be more diverse in what happens in them would be beneficial, such as the Shadow dimension having entities similar to the glasses that are roaming, and if CI bump into them, instead of dying they get booted from the dimension early. Testing on SCPs with something like this would be super cool, butt much like SCP-914, it probably wont be realized how interesting and varied effects can be, which is really frustrating.

I feel as though with more development put into them they could do some really interesting things, and I think having the dimensions be more diverse in what happens in them would be beneficial, such as the Shadow dimension having entities similar to the glasses that are roaming, and if CI bump into them, instead of dying they get booted from the dimension early. Testing on SCPs with something like this would be super cool, butt much like SCP-914, it probably wont be realized how interesting and varied effects can be, which is really frustrating.
shut up stinky

-support
bad suggestion