Partially Accepted Nerf Keypad Scanner breaking

Content that has been partially accepted
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Reduces the chances of keypads failing to work when keypad scanners are offline (whether via blackout or chemicals). Currently I believe the chance of failure is 50%. This chance should be reduced to 20% for failure (possibly lower).

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Dunno, dont think so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+Keypad failures become a bit more fun

+Reduced player frustration

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Slight SCP nerf

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall, keypads breaking is not fun for anybody in the server except for certain SCPs (excluding SCPs like 035, 079, or even 049 in some cases who rely on keypads and suffer during this aswell) with the high rate of failure. Players will often experience moments where they need to do 10 - 20 attempts, spending 2 - 3 minutes, opening a single door. This becomes even worse when SCPs can decide to half-break doors, which severely increases the needed attempts and time spent to open a single door. Neither of these situations are fun, but happen extremely often. It is not fun for gameplay to be trapped in your bunks or in a hallway/room especially when you're not even in danger. It makes the gameplay much slower and more tedious, and frustrates many players in the community. Inputting codes into keypads also becomes impossible to do during keypad failures, it becomes even worse with such a high failure rate.

Reducing the rate of failure to around 20% or lower seems much more reasonable. It allows SCPs who rely on breaking doors to still catch up to players much easier when keypads fail, and still hinders human players. However it becomes much less frustrating and keeps gameplay moving.

"Recker"

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
+Support

Whenever it happens I have to hack open the two regular doors before checkpoint charlie cause you simply can't leave PW if the main bulk is closed. By the time you open the damn keypad CPC bulk is already closed.

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023
That’s odd whenever I click when it’s on it always has a way higher chance of working…

Rkleczek897

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 16, 2022
+Support
Was stuck opening CPC for 10 minutes due to the 3 doors needed to open. Very not fun

Joris "Brexit" Bohnson

Sep 10, 2023
Blackouts could be so much more playable if I didn't randomly get stuck for a decade behind a door

(And I can count multiple 049/035 breaches that got heavily fucked over because doors kept them close to ERT)

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Partially Approved

Hi @FrostByte ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to partially accept your suggestion for the following reasons.

No changes will be made to the chances of keypads working while the boxes are down but the boxes are planned to be moved to a more accessible area

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as partially accepted.​

Reactions: Ace 63
Status
Not open for further replies.