Accepted New Epsilon-11 Models

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
- What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This change adds new Epsilon-11 models to replace our current models. The workshop link for the models will be below. Photos of the models will be attached to this post.

Alll bodygroups disabled:
1709159465550.png

All bodygroups enabled:
1709159470913.png

1709064873575.png

- Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Yes. This was previously suggested many months ago, though was denied due to the models being orange and too bulky. This suggestion changes the bio color to blue, and showcases that there are blue versions of each model. It also showcases the customizable bodygroups to make them much less bulky than they can be.

- Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Refreshing look to E-11

+ Improved visuals throughout the server

+ Custom models made specifically for CN (at the time)

+ Easier to distinguish jobs

- Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- File size increase (Though is around the same size as the Nu7 models)

- Opinions

- Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall I think the models could use a change. We've been with our current models for a long time without changing anything about them. Almost every other department has received updated or entirely new models, including every other MTF. The current models that E-11 have are very old and outdated, and while they may have been touched up just two years ago or so, theyve existed for much longer and have texture issues and undesirable visual traits. These models we use are also used on other communities.

These new models were commissioned specifically for CN. They have higher resolution textures, minimal bugs, and fit the aesthetic of E-11 and the server very well. The file size is an increase of our current models, though I believe the visual quality and custom nature of these models, along with every other department having similar file sizes, would be a fair trade off. The old E-11 models, including bio, can be removed.

Note: These models are very customizable. I can change their colors/textures, and can work to reduce file size if really necessary. The content team just has to contact me and we can work it out. These models were agreed upon with both server CO teams and some SL members.

Attachments

• 1709159323616.png
    1709159323616.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 1709159343613.png
    1709159343613.png
    264.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Moxxie

Jul 17, 2022
Model changes for the most part never go through, but neutral support, since I would love to see the E-11 models change, these ones look a bit out of the toy box

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
I imagine if members of the server modelling team took inspiration from these concepts a much higher quality player model could be created easily.
in a previous suggestion denial,
Currently, we do not have an Art Developer on the team with the experience needed to tackle this project.
it was confirmed that there are no available art devs to do anything like this - this is probably still the case since this response was only a few weeks ago - but until there's new art devs in the network for this, there's not likely to be any further iteration on models/etc.

Jack "Fubar" Daniel

Feb 10, 2023
from when i was ltcom during nu-7 model changes, i learned you need a damm good reason for them to be changed other than you want it. DEA was our reason to get new models, e-11 doesnt have a reason. Also mid models, if you want something good make something or get them comissioned

• Haha
Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
from when i was ltcom during nu-7 model changes, i learned you need a damm good reason for them to be changed other than you want it. DEA was our reason to get new models, e-11 doesnt have a reason. Also mid models, if you want something good make something or get them comissioned
you know, you guys say you don't read things because they're too long, but "i didn't read the suggestion" is a hell of a lot shorter than saying this

KingViper115

May 2, 2023
+Support

Not sure if the map that you were in caused the model to look like they are made of latex but other than that I like it

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support on the condition that somebody fix the weird shinyness to the textures - I like the models, but they look like you're wearing plastic

If the overall model pack gets rejected, I would like us to get the bio model as a replacement for the current one, as then it actually fits E-11, and the bio model here looks good.

Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Cheddar

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
Jan 1, 2022
Why the hell are E-11 so obsessed with their current dogshit models I did for them back at the start of the server, those are outdated as fuck and I'm baffled you MFs still wanna keep them.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
Why the hell are E-11 so obsessed with their current dogshit models I did for them back at the start of the server, those are outdated as fuck and I'm baffled you MFs still wanna keep them.
...the ones we currently have or the ones being suggested?

Cheddar

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
Jan 1, 2022
Current ones, they replaced the OG ones that were here and I'll be honest E-11 must have been on crack because I prefer the OG ones.

MrSiens

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Mar 21, 2022
+-neutral/-support
View attachment 13673
is something wrong with their bump maps? it looks like their blue fatigues are made of latex or something, yet in another image they look fine? you would probably have to edit it yourself to make it look good (unless this is intended???)
Messed up Phong in the VMT, or perhaps just bad normalmaps

-Support
Original version was better, and there was initially even a blue version in the first proposal that was shot down a while back.

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
Current ones, they replaced the OG ones that were here and I'll be honest E-11 must have been on crack because I prefer the OG ones.
...then... keep what? we're not asking for the models you linked...? i don't understand. there's the models you linked, the models we have and the models being asked for here.

Boris Johnson

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
May 24, 2023
+/-

They look alright. I like the look of the bio we have,

Status
Not open for further replies.