New Rule: Strip Binding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion would make it so that you cannot strip bind (hitting a keybind to strip everything someone has ex. guns, suicide devices, etc) someone without having them in elastics cuffs or metal cuffs.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?
Not to my knowledge

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Allows for more realistic RP as you wouldn't be able to take everything from someone in a millisecond
- Gives more time for a person to react to being kidnapped

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Kidnapping gets harder
- Taking weapons from someone may be harder

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe this should be accepted because it is obviously not realistic for someone to come up to you and just take everything you have without even being able to react or call it in. I believe to make this a little more realistic you must have someone in elastics or cuffs first.

cityismy

May 10, 2023
me when the CI dc strips me without a gun out so i pull my shotgun and 1 tap them
+Support

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
+Support
I get want to quickly remove stuff but bros be hitting that bind as you're standing up faster than a fat kid swiping candy.

Then again it would make kidnapping slightly harder.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
Im pretty sure there was a suggestion that got accepted to make it the MRP Strip Swep.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
Massive +support.

It encourages people to use the already made strip swept. Only thing u should be able to bind strip is comms

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
Massive +support.

It encourages people to use the already made strip swept. Only thing u should be able to bind strip is comms
That's a thing. You can't say "I strip your weapons" they can just shoot you.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
+support "/me removes weapons, comms, bleach, food, headcam, bodycam, tracking devices, and your clothes" will be no more ?

Nomad_600

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Jan 4, 2022
So I guess I have a bit of a response for this, if we saying that we can be realistic about strip binding then we also have to consider how people can callout kidnap without using ANY in-game function, imo, if you remove strip binding then force people to callout kidnap and other offensive action in game and not through teamspeak where there's ZERO way to prove that it even was called out.

-Support

KingOfCommon

Oct 21, 2023
+support

Me when the ci raiding force strips everything but my soul in the 2 seconds we make visual contact:

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
I'm all for strip binding not be allowed to remove weapons, however communications and other things should remain permitted. If you remove the ability to strip comms, then mingey people that happened to find a SCP-008 document will be amble to continue to scream about it.

+Support for Weapon Removal Binds
- Support for Comms removal not being allowed.

If weapon Striping becomes a thing you can't bind, DEA, CI Deep Cover, and whatever GOC's deep cover job is will possibly need weapon checkers to strip weapons.

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
I'm all for strip binding not be allowed to remove weapons, however communications and other things should remain permitted. If you remove the ability to strip comms, then mingey people that happened to find a SCP-008 document will be amble to continue to scream about it.

+Support for Weapon Removal Binds
- Support for Comms removal not being allowed.

If weapon Striping becomes a thing you can't bind, DEA, CI Deep Cover, and whatever GOC's deep cover job is will possibly need weapon checkers to strip weapons.
I didnt say anything about not having comms removal, I think you need to reread the suggestion

François "Napoléon"

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Feb 16, 2023
Neutral

Tbh it truly makes no sense that you can insta strip someone upon eye contact but this is like the only way to remove comms. Unless you allow for comm strip or a new rule is made where being gaged prevents speaking in externals (since it also makes no sense that you can talk to people over a "radio" while gaged) then I would have no issues with this. We also have a strip swep already so why not just give it out to more jobs so they can strip without the insta stripping magic binds.

Status
Not open for further replies.