Denied New SCP: Surface TB

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Add a surface TB. Would use the existing mechanics for surface SCP breaching.
It would be significantly weaker compared to other surface SCPs and have a worse version of the thaum/TG reality bending SWEP, with fewer abilities (so for example, no inversion, manifest, detain or escape card - don't have the strongest, most used stuff). The intention is for this to be walled off only to high SCP level - No VIP or dono packages.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

DIrect re-opening of Jack Manning's suggestion from June on the same subject.

Denial reason -
We have some new surface SCPs already planned.
However, we do not see giving a surface SCP a reality-bending swep as a good idea.
There are too many jobs with the reality-bending swep.
I imagine the surface SCP is, at least in part, referring to the upcoming 3199 - There may be others.
Additionally, I find the idea of too many jobs having the reality bending SWEP at that point in time particularly amusing, considering that this was before both 8837 and 22415 which are forms of reality benders with their own unique SWEPs - Although admittedly, 22415 has a specific and expressly non-antagonistic purpose.

I agree with the prospect that a surface SCP w/ reality bending SWEP is not a good idea; My thinking here being that what this would have would be significantly underpowered enough to hopefully not upset things too much.

The original suggestion also puts forward some objectively bizarre ideas such as giving it O-comms, which... The RP reasoning is understandable, but with the way the server works, under no circumstances should any SCP have any form of comms.

I also go at this from a different angle, instead of appealing to opportunity for RP - I aim this more at NL, as the idea involves aiding the monetisation of the server with the use of a simple and fairly understandable tactic.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

• More variety of surface breaches for all players.

• Potentially more sales of XK/TG/8837 packages.
  • Does not need mapping changes or even any new models - Can use existing models.
  • Potentially creates surface RP.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

• Needs development, testing and balancing of a watered-down reality bending SWEP
  • Potentially interferes with surface RP - Which to be fair, is non-existent anyways.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

So now I've got the obvious out of the way, let me talk about how this would benefit the server overall and potentially result in more XK Vip/TG/8837 package sales.

You know how sometimes at the shops, you'll get those little taster stands, with the free samples of something, to try and get you to buy that thing? That. I mean yes, D-Class TB kind of fills that role anyway? But like, I think having a very weak surface TB that gives you an idea of what playing any of the reality bender roles are like, without giving too much and might get people interested in getting the reality bender packages.

Worst case scenario, this backfires and gives people the wrong impression - Making them less likely to buy.

Last edited:

Arron 'Spectre' Shepard

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
May 8, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Emilia Foddg ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We don't believe that adding a surface reality bender effectively among the civilian population would be conductive to good roleplay. Having also just added more reality bending SCPs focused on roleplay we are also mindful of adding a barrage of reality bending jobs. The idea of having it as a surface breach is also suggestive of a combative nature.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.