Denied No more "Red Ping", be more aware (Sniper Mark Change)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
I think most people that play sniper, find it annoying going in sniper, shooting once, getting spotted, and dead, even if nobody saw you, so why not make so other people need be more aware? This should be implemented in DMR too, since they use more or less the same scope (I think), the addon in question is https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2073195865 for people that play/ed COD know that the only way to know when u getting sniped is the light u can see in the distance, and it works really well for that, also it's much better than a server wide red ping that even people in base can see it, even if no were near it

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Don't think so, but London, Merchant... has suggested realistic looking stuff for the server, and I think this would fall well under that

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Snipers having more a chance at defending themselves
+ More comms
+ Easier to spot them without getting killed/shot

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Snipers may become more OP
- May not work the best on some places?
- Light might affect it a bit

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Currently the Red Ping is really annoying for snipers, giving them a chance to kill once, and depending how alert others are, they tend die quick, also requires changing of positions everytime, which is not really accurate to real snipers, since they don't really move every kill, as that would be too much time waste (having pick up the sniper, remove bipod if they have it, find a new location and etc), and also the chance of getting killed during the move, in real life they only do it if they need get a better position, if they been spotted
Also I think DMRs should have this glint, seeing how they a lot of time use same scope as Snipers, and also can be a lot more annoying, cause while not 1 shot, they are direct hit too, and 2 shoots is all u need a lot of time

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

'Kaz'

Jul 30, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @MLGMagicHoodini ,
Your suggestion has been denied.
Both content team and the majority of the community seem to be against adding this change so we have chosen to deny it, however there will be changes to snipers soon. thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.