Partially Accepted NU-7 Elastic Restraints OR lower dispenser cooldown

Content that has been partially accepted
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
It adds elastic restraints to ALL NU-7 jobs OR lower the cooldown to get cuffs from the dispensers to 5 minutes. (Other than medics, so kidnapping is not extremely frequent)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
No longer have to wait for someone with restraints to show up and arrest a person
Won't need to use dispensers for elastic restraints
DEA won't be asked every 5 seconds so they can restrain someone on surface
Won't need to FearRP people into walking all the way to a dispenser so we can get ourselves cuffs.
Actually lets NU-7 arrest people other than resulting to shooting them due to nobody with cuffs showing up
NU-7 won't need to wait 15 minutes after dying just to get restraints

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Kidnapping of GOIs being at a higher rate
Dev time?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This should be accepted! It is unbelievable how we don't have any restraints yet. NU-7 is one of the many dept./regiments on site that REQUIRE to have elastic restraints yet don't. Why should DEA have restraints but not NU-7? They do the same thing. For example; whenever a civilian wanders inside of the site through vents and a NU-7 finds them, they then are required to A: Wait for DEA to show up and cuff the civ OR B: Put them under FearRP and Walk them all the way to a dispenser to get restraints OR C: Shoot them. Maybe NU-7 are wanting to kidnap a CI that just died in a raid, but wait! We don't have restraints so we can't do that. There are a unbelievable amount of issues. I could go on and on about how NU-7 should get restraints. I've seen LOTS of NU-7 ask for elastic restraints but SL & NL just say no, and for what reason?

Most likey will get denied again but it's worth a shot..🥹

Last edited:
counterproposal: every time you get elastics from a dispenser, it spits out like a dozen of them at once. if you want elastics at times when it's convenient for you, simply learn to stockpile and manage it effectively.

bonus points since it creates a valuable target for d-class to steal from
This is a great idea. Much better than having to dispense them one by one.

This is a great idea. Much better than having to dispense them one by one.
i mean it kind of was a diogenes-style rebuttal since i know that would never actually be accepted by virtue of it just being extra, unnecessary entities that have to sit around for no reason.

but then i realised that... we do that anyway. with keycards. that is the entire meta for GOI raids and such, you want to get into places for whatever thing you wanna do, you need keycards. get keycards, stash keycards for use later. which shares the same obvious issue, which is a big reason why the idea of having a keycard stash entity for this purpose was previously accepted, so that we don't just have piles of keycards sitting around - and maybe they could also persist past resets so that using keycards in raids becomes more viable, for example; common situations like hostage rescue raids, where a faction could potentially expend that resource to attempt to get their hostage back.

in that case, if there is serious interest in this idea of stockpiling things like elastics, NVGs, SRAs, etc. because of a need for those things being more consistently available in certain situations - then maybe instead of arguing to add them to whatever jobs' loadouts or reducing their cooldowns, we go up one rung of the distribution ladder and look at how those things are given to us.

because to be honest, loadout and cooldown changes are always going to be contentious where these you do something like give it to a loadout or reduce the cooldown, you are increasing the general availability of something for the purpose of addressing a lot of specific issues in roleplay which, from that perspective, need to be solved by having these items, SRAs, NVGs, etc. and when you don't have those items, the thought process becomes "make this always available to me or available more frequently." which works to solve that problem, but then upsets balance, creates new ones, etc. etc.

as it's written right now, i think this suggestion won't be accepted. it brings to mind the countless times that we've had a suggestion where someone has said 'reduce cooldown on X dispenser item' or 'give X dispenser item to Y job's loadout' and it's generally been the same or similar argument every time with neither side making any real progress, aside from the whole SRAs thing amidst the whole reality bender problem, which is still ongoing.

i think what we need is a suggestion about the way we get these items from dispensers and armouries and whether or not it would be reasonable to go from a system that limits access via cooldowns, to a system that limits access via scarcity. it's not an exact analogue since the values and use cases are different, but the kind of system i'm thinking could be something like the way we get food from the food vendors?

the idea being that there'd be X amount of elastics available at any given time, a value which is refreshed to full every Y length of time or so.

just from that alone, there'd need to be a lot of decisions made: is that pool of X amount, for the entire faction? for specific areas? by source? is it separate between dispensers and armouries (even though i can't immediately think of anything that dispensers and armouries share, you could imagine that for the purpose of this, both could be a source of elastics)?

from there, you could reasonably decide how big X could be and how long Y is. or if Y is synchronous across all items or not? maybe is separate per item? maybe it's separate per pool, if it was decided that it should be separate between dispensers and armouries?

if this is at all possible, i think there's a lot more potential balancing room here than the way the current system operates - just only having to decide how often the item is available and whether or not it should be part of a given job's loadout. it's a tall order, but as i write, i believe the increased flexibility of this solution appeals to both the community and CT alike. i would consider re-writing the suggestion to propose this idea instead, as it has a higher likelihood of being considered. take it and run with it.

it could probably look something like this:
Suggestion:
Change the way dispensers & armouries distribute items, to be more like the way VCraft vendors distribute items - In that a given item would have a stock of a certain amount, which gets refreshed on a regular basis.

Positives:
  • Items could be more readily available in certain situations where they're needed

• More flexible balance-wise
Negatives:
  • Could cause issues when an item is not available when it is needed (Which isn't all that different to everyone being on cooldown)

• Would require significant dev work to change these systems, may not even be worth doing

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022
Suggestion Partially Approved

Hi @Caboose.,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to partially accept your suggestion for the following reasons.

We decided to lower the dispenser cooldown from 15m >> 10m instead of giving NU-7 restraints to encourage more team work with other department like DEA.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as partially accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.