ogre (the story)

note: im not a poet, nor am I great author although I had tried my best.

The Beginning of a Monster
I first joined the server in august/September of 2022. my first ever warning was for my name being "shrek" which was not allowed, so my grand scheme was to have maximum tyranny and become the greatest minge of all time. I had been one of the first known big time minges in which I had racked up around 30 infractions total (warns and bans) inspiring young minds like nathan smith (I regret this). I had one of the worst reputations during my peak, and would be a great pain in the ass to all staff. One day in January I decided I wanted a cl4 and I don't know why, so I did 2 weeks of no minging and got my first ever Cl4 as a IA Ambassador which i was obviously later removed from in about a couple weeks due to misconduct. I eventually joined Beta-1 and E-11 in this time which I was again removed from but it is fine lol. Although after this I had basically joined everyday and would make this game not fun until May of 2023.

The Redeemer
I had a serious talk with a person named nexus (the dpt chief) after I came off a ban. He watched me lead a GSD vs All MTF raid and win (as a cl3 lol), and said I have good traits and can do a lot if I had put my mind to it. I actually liked some of the people and decided that I was ready to try and make a change. I really did like this dude nexus and he was the only person to give me a chance, so I decided i wanted to go and put my mind to GSD and make a true change. I did true good work and made a application which actually wasn't hated on and got accepted. I did really good in this position becoming a sr.cl4 and doing everything I could to stay outta trouble. I had eventually had a talk with enoch showing my interest in O1 (he was a LT at the time) and after weeks and weeks of trying I finally had gotten a tryout and passed.

The Downfall
Although like uncle ben once said "with great power comes great responsibility" and that is something I did not have. I had went and said a very disrespectful phrase to another member of the community one morning and went totally awol which led to my removal of staff and o1 as a LCPL. I went and decided I wanted to minge again, minged for a week and realized that it wasn't the same. There was no passion in hurting my friends, and I decided I wanted to make a comeback around a month and a half later. I had joined Nu-7 and worked my way up to SGT showing my interest in O1 again and getting a tryout, but history repeats itself I had failed the tryout (it was at 2am tbf) and went AWOL for a 2nd time. I was unreliable and untrustable. I had done something I wont say and basically had to talk with cloak and got a 1 month because of it also losing my delta position in CI.

The Rise
After all of this trouble, I had finally came back in around September of 2023. I had decided I wanted a new environment and joined GOC and worked my way all the way up to LT which was pretty cool, but later resigned due to some complications which I wont speak of on here. I had told this funny dude insane that I wanted to join CI again and got a tryout. After this tryout I worked my way to DELCOM, and have been here for a while. Although what I did not tell you, is ever since I came back in September I had consistently showed my interest in rejoining o1, but for obvious reasons they did not show interest in me due to me not having proved myself yet. I grinded out DEA and joined E-11 to get more foundation gameplay to be seen, and finally got a tryout. I did it. Months of work payed off. I have been in Omega-1 for a couple weeks now and am at the rank of CPL. I had truly worked on myself in these past months not just in game, but working on my personality as a whole maturing. I don't plan on going AWOL again, but do plan on achieving the great redemption that was planned for me way back at Nexus. I would say the end, but this is just the new beginning.

some friends I made along this journey
@enoch
@mossasur
@Dalton
@striker
@belikov
@Blackknight95
@Painter

@ nexus
@Bob "Gustav" Smith
@Speff
@Trap Jesus
@raven
@Mitski
@bloodshed
@apollo
@witch
@vibrant

@KingCrusader911
@ltg freeman
@AleksWT
@Caboose
@Change Z. "Somebody"
@Big Iron

@ wick
@Ellie
and any of the og's or new gens i missed

yo how tf did i miss this what 💀 mb ogre 🙏

but yea throughout my stay at civilnetworks ive watched ogre fall, rise, fall, and rise again. never in the history of gmod did i think id have met somebody with as big of a character arc and redemption arc as this man right here. his determination and willpower to succeed, even after getting the entirety of gesdec and launching a war on ethics and o1, is amazing. i would have never thought id see somebody with as many infractions and things as ogre get this far, but he did, and im happy to say im proud of him.

• Love
Reactions: Ogre
yo how tf did i miss this what 💀 mb ogre 🙏

but yea throughout my stay at civilnetworks ive watched ogre fall, rise, fall, and rise again. never in the history of gmod did i think id have met somebody with as big of a character arc and redemption arc as this man right here. his determination and willpower to succeed, even after getting the entirety of gesdec and launching a war on ethics and o1, is amazing. i would have never thought id see somebody with as many infractions and things as ogre get this far, but he did, and im happy to say im proud of him.
love you speff

• Love
Reactions: Speff