Content Suggestion Only Chemical Jobs and Medical Jobs should be able to access the Chemistry NPC

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.
Jan 28, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[It stops interaction with the Chemical NPC by random people like tech experts or general security from getting their hands on random chemicals. ]

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[Probobly? It's a reoccuring problem]

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
[It would improve roleplay by having the Medicinal and Chemical personel be able to do their job efficiently without having things being stolen/interrupted by a random tech expert or chef thats just there to minge. ]

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[Not everyone can access the NPC, people will complain]

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[Research personel are there to research, Tech Experts Repair Cameras, Doors and Computers, Gensec Make sure d-block is in check. O1 Protects Ethics. Every regiment has their own jobs to do an dhave the expertise to do such. Chemistry can be dangerous if the wrong chemicals are mixed (not ingame) so a person with expertise in chemistry should be the only one with the knowledge to do such a thing. If someone wishes to make some "Make gay Grenades" They can switch to a chemist and make that.
Any other suggestion on how to improve for instance chemicals being stolen from the fridges or tech experts and other personel from tresspassing would be appreaciated. This is the only thing I personally thought of. I'M sure most of medical/Chemist mains would agree it needs a change.]

May 29, 2024
Honestly, I'm down for restricting it to the RESEARCH roles and general doctor roles, but not just chemical. This would make the most sense. Downside to this however is that it'd still leave the chemist as an obscure role that serves little purpose from what I can tell.

Gensec guards and random MTFs don't really have too much business doing chemical shenanigans, and they're generally supposed to request chemicals anyway.

-support for the idea of specifically restricting it to chemists, but im down for the idea of it being restricted to research dept./medical

Jan 28, 2022
Like I said, this is only a type of suggestion, A change in general that maybe things like Gensec, Techies, Chefs, etc can't access it would also work. Just any sort of way to make it that people somewhat stay in their own roles. I don't even know why we have a chemist and a pharmacist, when both pretty much do the same, except that chemist can't really do anything.
I don't want to lock it behind VIP, far from it, didnt even know it was VIP.

May 15, 2024
England
Researchers use chemicals too for tests...they literally have their whole own lab, 2 in fact, and both labs, as well as the 1 in medical, are clearance 2 so chef's and lowly cadets can't access the NPC in the first place unless the door is left wide open. Suggestion is mostly unnecessary and other jobs that are clearance 2+ and shouldn't be in a lab should just be handled by IA