Accepted OOC Change

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
  • Add the option for people to disable it for themselves ONLY. Additionally, allow SL+ to disable OOC for periods of time, (10, 15, or 30 minutes when OOC is out of hand/events where text is heavily being used)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • OOC is annoying and very fast, oftentimes can muddle RP comms or RP chat because people talk so much
  • People can mute OOC if people are speaking about weird topics (NOT ERP level, but sometimes like “skibidi ohio level 6 rizz”)
  • Makes servers more at the moment for RP comms, IC text chat, or for Csay/event adverts

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • People can be ignored via OOC, resulting in some miscommunication, but at that, it would be better to use Discord, TeamSpeak, or better yet “RP” it out (crazy I know)
  • You can't spam dumb shit or your live reaction that person x was demoted
  • May not be possible because of the server framework (I LOVE THE DARK RP SERVER FRAMEWORK LONG LOVE THE DARK RP FRAMEWORK)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
  • Allows people to disable OOC if it’s annoying or does not suit how they wish to RP. If people are being weird, annoying or just generally unappealing to talk to, you can just mute it and go on about your day. Allows staff to also disable it for RP events or when the server gets out of hand (yes 1984 no free speech for you when the sl gc gets leaked). Also, for a server that is labelled as ‘serious RP’ this is a very common option for many other servers of that label but isn’t here.

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
I'm only in support of an option for people to disable OOC, while keeping LOOC still can be used because that is typically not abused, or at least not the issue with comms spam. LOOC would allow you to clarify some stuff that's needed for RP in my opinion.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support
I swear I remember seeing this on the dev tracker or something, but I can't find it.

Cary “Raven”

Jun 26, 2023
+ SUPPORT

Maybe a different chat for OOC messages that you can personally enable or disable? Like you have an RP chat with comms and an OOC chat both in a different place. Not sure if this could work but that could also be a solution

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
Should clarify LOOC would stay but /ooc or // would be disabled for the person

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
I like these ideas. And I agree that OOC chat can become too overwhelming with the ammout of messages that go through which can also result in IC Comms and RP to be forgotten / ignored.

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
I made this suggestion before and it got denied, but I do hope this one goes through. +Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.