Accepted OOC Change

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
  • Add the option for people to disable it for themselves ONLY. Additionally, allow SL+ to disable OOC for periods of time, (10, 15, or 30 minutes when OOC is out of hand/events where text is heavily being used)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • OOC is annoying and very fast, oftentimes can muddle RP comms or RP chat because people talk so much
  • People can mute OOC if people are speaking about weird topics (NOT ERP level, but sometimes like “skibidi ohio level 6 rizz”)
  • Makes servers more at the moment for RP comms, IC text chat, or for Csay/event adverts

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • People can be ignored via OOC, resulting in some miscommunication, but at that, it would be better to use Discord, TeamSpeak, or better yet “RP” it out (crazy I know)
  • You can't spam dumb shit or your live reaction that person x was demoted
  • May not be possible because of the server framework (I LOVE THE DARK RP SERVER FRAMEWORK LONG LOVE THE DARK RP FRAMEWORK)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
  • Allows people to disable OOC if it’s annoying or does not suit how they wish to RP. If people are being weird, annoying or just generally unappealing to talk to, you can just mute it and go on about your day. Allows staff to also disable it for RP events or when the server gets out of hand (yes 1984 no free speech for you when the sl gc gets leaked). Also, for a server that is labelled as ‘serious RP’ this is a very common option for many other servers of that label but isn’t here.

Thorn

Mar 4, 2023
+ MAJOR Support OOC is just a soy fest it has no real need if people need to communicate OOC use use mess hall anytime anything happens it just people arguing in ooc if you need a staff thats what the @ is for also i would feel more immersed if i only saw comms on my screen instead of dummy 1 and 2 arguing about how ass each other are at the game (its gmod)

Reactions: Niox

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+I Cannot Overstate How Much I Support This
yes please. i want to hold a tryout and, as well as myself, have the recruits have the ability to just focus on the tryout without constant OOC spam pushing my 20-minute lecture up too fast.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
ooc has no real function

this does not nullify it from being accepted in the future
+support
1704414144031.png
still holds true ^

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
View attachment 12320
still holds true ^
Sorry to say, but have you heard of C/say and or the fact that "this was denied before" is a useless point? I know it was denied, but a pretty useless SL denied it. Also, staff needing to make announcements doesn't hold because 6+ staff supported this suggestion (ones a super btw) which makes you, clearly they don't think so

Reactions: Niox and Chad

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
Sorry to say, but have you heard of C/say and or the fact that "this was denied before" is a useless point? I know it was denied, but a pretty useless SL denied it. Also, staff needing to make announcements doesn't hold because 6+ staff supported this suggestion (ones a super btw) which makes you, clearly they don't think so
yeah, that previous suggestion denial is just straight up not good.

Last edited:

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
View attachment 12320
still holds true ^
Bobby was notoriously useless. He was axed from content team for a reason.

• Wow
Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

eyeander

Mar 15, 2023
View attachment 12320
still holds true ^
if admins REALLY need to announce something to the whole server then it's possible to use other ways

from my time playing other rp servers i've also noticed that limiting/removing OOC is generally conducive to an actual rp environment

Reactions: Rushi

Jack Kincaid

Mar 14, 2023
Suggestion Partially Approved

Hi Guinea,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

This suggestion will be partially approved.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.