Denied Orange Suit Suggested Changes & Buffs

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.

Sam Johnson

Oct 17, 2023
1-What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

This suggestion is made in order to make the Orange Suit more playable in terms of power, ability and versatility. As currently is, the Orange Suit has 1000 HP and 1000 armor, which, despite being the highest on the server, isn't that impressive. The Orange Suit is not mobile at all, being as fast as juggernauts and being unable to sprint. This, coupled with the fact that it is sized to 1.3, makes it a big "SHOOT ME SIGN", making it a super easy target at long ranges where it cannot even fight back. When it comes to fighting multiple KTE's, which is the reason the Orange Suit is deployed 99% of the time, it fails spectacularly at handling even medium sized 008 groups, let alone more powerful KTE's.
Evidence: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1FPdH0GvWspkgQ/d13372TK255B?invite=cr-MSxMbjMsMjAyNjY2NDczLA

Suggested changes/improvements:

1) Increase the HP and Armor back to at least their former values of 1500, preferably higher.
1.1) The reason for this is that at 1000 HP and Armor the Orange Suit can be taken out easily by human combatives with little to no effort at range, considering that the Orange Suit lacks weaponry that can deal with anything beyond 20 meters. The 1000 Armor can be shred down very easily during active combat, which leaves the operator with only 1000 HP, which can go down in less than 10 seconds when facing large groups of KTE's (mostly the reason Orange Suit is deployed) or a large group of enemy combatants (which can kill the Orange Suit even faster than that if they concentrate fire).

2) Increase the magazine capacity of the Mauler, the Orange Suit's main (and only) weapon, to at least 400 or more.
2.1) The reason for this is that the Mauler is *HIGHLY* inaccurate and has IMMENSE spread, as witnessed in the video mentioned above. Keep in mind that the range the Mauler was being shot at is roughly 10 meters. A larger magazine capacity would allow it to at least be more capable of suppressive fire.

3)Increase the damage of the Mauler, reduce its spread at range and make it far more accurate than it currently is.
3.1) For reasons also specified at point 2.1), for a high tech energy weapon, the Mauler is laughably bad in terms of characteristics. The spread is out of the realm of reality at even short ranges, and the large knockback it has makes it difficult to shoot moving targets, considering you're constantly pushing them back and to the sides. This is extremely obvious when you try to shoot a 008 instance, in which case, more often than not, they will be sent absolutely flying into the air or will suffer too much knock back for the operator to efficiently lay down effective fire on it.

4) Give the Orange Suit an ammo pack.
4.1) Again, given the reasons mentioned at point 2.1), the terrible accuracy and spread of the Mauler pretty much ensure that you will be having to fire non stop to hit a large amount of shots on your opponents, meaning your ammo depletes extremely easily. During massive KTE breaches or 008 breaches, an Orange Suit will run out of ammo in about 2 minutes of continuous combat, sometimes even less. This means that it will constantly have to walk back and forth between the breached KTE's and an armory to resupply at, which is not only extremely hard to do due to the slow speed of the Orange Suit, but will most likely end up getting the Orange Suit Operator killed due to lack of ammo to defend themselves. This would be alright were it not for the survivability of the Orange Suit, which, at 1000 HP and Armor, is not ideal, considering you are most likely going to be at the heat of Combat, losing most of your armor quickly due to crossfire (you are sized to 1.3 meaning you are far larger than a regular person) and being hit by KTE's.

5)Make the Orange Suit unable to be targeted by Reality Benders.
5.1) Maybe a highly controversial suggestion that would make the Orange Suit very powerful, and I agree, it is bordering on the more high-end tier of abilities that would be given to the Orange Suit, however given the rarity of its deployment, the highly specific criteria that HAVE to be met for its deployment, the scarcity of Orange Suits in general (which, unlike ERT, do not spawn in waves of 9 but are instead singular operators) and the far more scarce equipment it is given in comparison to ERT, it would be a good change that would help balance the lack of versatility and make sense logically speaking as a piece of TANGEN 3 equipment.

6) Allow the Orange Suit to walk/sprint at the normal speed humans can, but disallow it from using speed chemicals such as potent, dianabol, AMX, etc.
6.1) The Orange Suit as is is a highly one sided asset. Given its speed, relocation is highly difficult thus making the Orange Suit work in specific scenarios where "bunkering down" would be the best solution. This makes playing as the Orange Suit frustrating sometimes, as in situations where your supporting allies retreat, you have nothing to do but be overwhelmed by 008 or other KTE's which are let loose, since you cannot keep up the pace with them.
6.2) If this gets denied, it is requested that AT LEAST the Orange Suit becomes unable to be targeted by 106, as it is an immediate insta kill since Orange Suit does not have the speed to avoid the 2 pillars inside 106's dimension, unlike ERT. Logically speaking, 106 would be unable to swallow an entire combat mech into its pocket dimension.

7) Allow the Orange Suit to use another weapon other than the Mauler.
7.1) In case the suggestions put forth to improve the statistics of the Mauler are denied, this seventh suggestion is put forth in order to give the Orange Suit a means to defend itself against hostile combatants at LEAST at medium range. The Mauler is in no way capable of dealing with hostiles at longer ranges due to its spread and horrible accuracy.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

The only similar thing I could find is what I believe to be the initial dev log for the Orange Suit itself

Many of (what I assume to be) the aspects specified for the first iteration of the Orange Suit are similar to my suggestions, although balancing changes differ based on the new additions that have happened since the post was originally made, in February 20th.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

1) I believe that by making the Orange Suit stronger, lets call it what it is, we will see more deployments being made, resulting in the possibility of salvaging Code Black+Alpha Warhead scenarios, leading to more roleplay between Foundation Departments who now have to assess the post-mass-breach/mass raid situation, E-11 communicating with other departments to sound the all-clear, NU-7 checking for intruders who have gotten in admist the chaos, etc.

2) Orange Suit deployments into Foundation/Orange Suit deployments in general would have a lot more impact behind them, instead of being an over-glorified Juggernaut with more HP, armor and (overall) a worse weapon, coupled with less versatility due to scarcity of deployments and lack of equipment other than an anomaly containment beam, vehicle repair tool which is rarely used and a Mauler , the Orange Suit would be a powerful and welcome rare sight to help salvage the most unsalvageable of situations (what it was meant to be used for in the first place).

3) Given its newfound strength, Orange Suit deployments into Foundation which were successful at stopping an Alpha Warhead from being detonated would lead to improved relations between GOC and Foundation, which would encourage more roleplay opportunities and events between these 2 factions.

4) This would also encourage the GOC to use the Orange Suit more, as, from what I've heard, at least in the US server, SSL simply don't approve Orange Suit requests because it simply is not worth it, the Orange Suit is simply too bad and a Strike Team member on AMX with Nerve Gas and Nitroglicerine can deal more damage to SCP's than an Orange Suit could AND stay alive for longer.

5) This would make the GOC a more imposing force, which would give them the required power to act and roleplay more like the actual GOC would, as most of the complaints I've heard from at least the UK server is that the GOC simply does not have the manpower/equipment to uphold any of their policies and agreements, as they are simply overpowered by CI who have FAR higher numbers and Foundation who also have much larger numbers.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

1) The Orange Suit might become too powerful, leading to balancing issues.

2) Further balancing may be required of the Orange Suit or, alternatively, a complete rework of the entire job due to the odd nature of the Orange Suit.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I believe that the Orange Suit can be used as an amazing roleplay tool in many scenarios, however for the Orange Suit to work from an RP standpoint, it needs to be powerful. Not overpowered, not unkillable, just powerful. An Orange Suit deployment should feel much like an ERT Deployment, despite the fact that the Orange Suit has nowhere near the amount of tools ERT has. Thus, logically speaking, the only way to mitigate this difference between ERT and Orange Suit, given that the Orange Suit is used as GOC's version of the ERT, is to either give the Orange Suit a plethora of equipment to use for any scenario, or to make it more powerful both from an equipment standpoint and overall stats.

Despite the negatives mentioned above, I believe that the current restrictions placed on the deployment of an Orange Suit (Major + approval, of which inside the GOC there are only 4 individuals who can ever authorize it, coupled with Admin+ approval) would warrant an increase in power based solely on its rarity.

+MAJOR +SUPPORT

Brilliant suggestions, because right now Osuit is basically overrated Af. It can barley ever get deployed in time to have a real impact, takes ages for it to arrive anywhere. and just gets swarmed.
But I can pratically FEEL all the SCP mains crawling out of the caverns to rage about how they don't get easy kills

1-What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

This suggestion is made in order to make the Orange Suit more playable in terms of power, ability and versatility. As currently is, the Orange Suit has 1000 HP and 1000 armor, which, despite being the highest on the server, isn't that impressive. The Orange Suit is not mobile at all, being as fast as juggernauts and being unable to sprint. This, coupled with the fact that it is sized to 1.3, makes it a big "SHOOT ME SIGN", making it a super easy target at long ranges where it cannot even fight back. When it comes to fighting multiple KTE's, which is the reason the Orange Suit is deployed 99% of the time, it fails spectacularly at handling even medium sized 008 groups, let alone more powerful KTE's.
Evidence: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1FPdH0GvWspkgQ/d13372TK255B?invite=cr-MSxMbjMsMjAyNjY2NDczLA
You cant just run out into the open and expect to shred every SCP, 7722 has 15k HP and Armour, you cant just 1v1 that.

2) Increase the magazine capacity of the Mauler, the Orange Suit's main (and only) weapon, to at least 400 or more.
2.1) The reason for this is that the Mauler is *HIGHLY* inaccurate and has IMMENSE spread, as witnessed in the video mentioned above. Keep in mind that the range the Mauler was being shot at is roughly 10 meters. A larger magazine capacity would allow it to at least be more capable of suppressive fire.

3)Increase the damage of the Mauler, reduce its spread at range and make it far more accurate than it currently is.
3.1) For reasons also specified at point 2.1), for a high tech energy weapon, the Mauler is laughably bad in terms of characteristics. The spread is out of the realm of reality at even short ranges, and the large knockback it has makes it difficult to shoot moving targets, considering you're constantly pushing them back and to the sides. This is extremely obvious when you try to shoot a 008 instance, in which case, more often than not, they will be sent absolutely flying into the air or will suffer too much knock back for the operator to efficiently lay down effective fire on it.

4.1) Again, given the reasons mentioned at point 2.1), the terrible accuracy and spread of the Mauler pretty much ensure that you will be having to fire non stop to hit a large amount of shots on your opponents, meaning your ammo depletes extremely easily. During massive KTE breaches or 008 breaches, an Orange Suit will run out of ammo in about 2 minutes of continuous combat, sometimes even less. This means that it will constantly have to walk back and forth between the breached KTE's and an armory to resupply at, which is not only extremely hard to do due to the slow speed of the Orange Suit, but will most likely end up getting the Orange Suit Operator killed due to lack of ammo to defend themselves. This would be alright were it not for the survivability of the Orange Suit, which, at 1000 HP and Armor, is not ideal, considering you are most likely going to be at the heat of Combat, losing most of your armor quickly due to crossfire (you are sized to 1.3 meaning you are far larger than a regular person) and being hit by KTE's.
I find it weird how you say that you need buffs because the mauler is bad, but then also make a suggestion to buff the mauler so it isnt bad?
'The Mauler is bad so lets give other things to compensate'
'The Mauler is bad so lets buff it'
One or the other, cant be both. (The Mauler is in need of a buff though, that spread is awful)

1) Increase the HP and Armor back to at least their former values of 1500, preferably higher.
1.1) The reason for this is that at 1000 HP and Armor the Orange Suit can be taken out easily by human combatives with little to no effort at range, considering that the Orange Suit lacks weaponry that can deal with anything beyond 20 meters. The 1000 Armor can be shred down very easily during active combat, which leaves the operator with only 1000 HP, which can go down in less than 10 seconds when facing large groups of KTE's (mostly the reason Orange Suit is deployed) or a large group of enemy combatants (which can kill the Orange Suit even faster than that if they concentrate fire).
Dont know why you assume that the 1k armour is just immediately gone, but it puts the orange suit roughly around the same HP as 035, an actual SCP.

5)Make the Orange Suit unable to be targeted by Reality Benders.
5.1) Maybe a highly controversial suggestion that would make the Orange Suit very powerful, and I agree, it is bordering on the more high-end tier of abilities that would be given to the Orange Suit, however given the rarity of its deployment, the highly specific criteria that HAVE to be met for its deployment, the scarcity of Orange Suits in general (which, unlike ERT, do not spawn in waves of 9 but are instead singular operators) and the far more scarce equipment it is given in comparison to ERT, it would be a good change that would help balance the lack of versatility and make sense logically speaking as a piece of TANGEN 3 equipment.

6.2) If this gets denied, it is requested that AT LEAST the Orange Suit becomes unable to be targeted by 106, as it is an immediate insta kill since Orange Suit does not have the speed to avoid the 2 pillars inside 106's dimension, unlike ERT. Logically speaking, 106 would be unable to swallow an entire combat mech into its pocket dimension.
I think completely disabling an SCP's option to fight back against certain groups is stupid, 049 was given that 1/5 chance to cure someone through a hazmat because the counter was so strong. If theres 6 SCP's out, 2 are TG's, 1 is 106 and 1 is 8837, thats over half the SCP's that cant affect the Orange Suit. Although 106 could use some work, as it is just death if an Orange Suit (Which is slower than 106) gets caught by it. Also Juggernaut (500 Health and Armour) can't sprint as compensation for its health, feel like Orange Suit should be the same for balancing.

7.1) In case the suggestions put forth to improve the statistics of the Mauler are denied, this seventh suggestion is put forth in order to give the Orange Suit a means to defend itself against hostile combatants at LEAST at medium range. The Mauler is in no way capable of dealing with hostiles at longer ranges due to its spread and horrible accuracy.
I would say put it on the same level as the Juggernauts - Can use whatever gun except special guns (Snipers, Energy Weapons, AA, etc). Imagine an Orange Suit walking out with an Auger, literal Doom Guy.

TLDR Mauler is awful fix its spread or give some balanced options, rest is unnecessary (Please god fix the mauler)
+/- Neutral

Sam Johnson

Oct 17, 2023
You cant just run out into the open and expect to shred every SCP, 7722 has 15k HP and Armour, you cant just 1v1 that.

I find it weird how you say that you need buffs because the mauler is bad, but then also make a suggestion to buff the mauler so it isnt bad?
One or the other, cant be both. (The Mauler is in need of a buff though, that spread is awful)

Dont know why you assume that the 1k armour is just immediately gone, but it puts the orange suit roughly around the same HP as 035, an actual SCP.

I think completely disabling an SCP's option to fight back against certain groups is stupid, 049 was given that 1/5 chance to cure someone through a hazmat because the counter was so strong. If theres 6 SCP's out, 2 are TG's, 1 is 106 and 1 is 8837, thats over half the SCP's that cant affect the Orange Suit. Although 106 could use some work, as it is just death if an Orange Suit (Which is slower than 106) gets caught by it. Also Juggernaut (500 Health and Armour) can't sprint as compensation for its health, feel like Orange Suit should be the same for balancing.

I would say put it on the same level as the Juggernauts - Can use whatever gun except special guns (Snipers, Energy Weapons, AA, etc). Imagine an Orange Suit walking out with an Auger, literal Doom Guy.

TLDR Mauler is awful fix its spread or give some balanced options, rest is unnecessary (Please god fix the mauler)
+/- Neutral
I will try to do my best in explaining my points of view for every suggestion I put forth.

While it is completely reasonable that Orange Suit should not "shred" every SCP, in the video he managed to kill one (perhaps 2) SCP-008 instances while damaging 7722 by a few percentage points (I am unsure if he broke his armor). He did get surrounded, and I do not know the context behind the full Orange Suit Deployment, however for a machine designed to counter this specific scenario, one could argue that the results of the situation were lacking to say the least. 1 ERT could have, provided the ERT operator is skilled, put down a shield at the EZ blast door and Nerve gas the entire bunch, most likely terminating most if not all 008 instances and damaging 082 and 7722 severely. 1 ERT is in no way as strong as an Orange Suit, but the results and the opportunities that the 2 have are vastly different. Whereas the 1 ERT has multiple ways to go about evading/tackling the SCPs, there was nothing the Orange Suit could do to prevent its death. Even an ERT throwing nerve gas before he died would've probably done more damage than the Orange Suit did.

The Mauler isn't the only one bad thing about the Orange Suit, it is a plethora of combinations. Its big size (1.3), low HP and armor comparative to what opportunities the Orange Suit has (it cannot run away from a combat engagement, thus it is forced to engage and take the hits), and overall lack of equipment all combine to more or less make a substandard performing job.

The 1000 armor isn't bad by any means, however, as stated above, since unlike ERT Orange Suit can't run away/place down a shield or sentry gun to completely lock down a hallway, it is effectively forced to take the damage, whereas ERT is far more capable of preserving their HP and Armor through the tools they are given.

I do understand the suggestion about reality benders being a bit more on the powerful side, however considering the fact that those 2 TG's could keep the Orange suit in a constant state of being "DETAINED" with their abilities, effectively making it useless, shooting him with their materialized guns and igniting him, effectively hard countering him, in my opinion, isn't reasonable either. TG's could bullet freeze and run away, or do INVERSION, manifest a gun and try to hold their ground. Ignition would also help do chip damage to the Orange suit, and help from their fellow SCPs could prove to be a true challenge for even an experienced Orange Suit Operator to deal with.

Sam Johnson

Oct 17, 2023
- / + Neutral
I disagree with everything here except the mauler mag increase. Might aswell let GOC nuke foundation because they can apparently do whatever they want whenever they want
I fail to see, and this is just me personally at least, how the comparison between Orange Suit getting buffed and GOC nuking Foundation holds up. The Orange Suit is mostly deployed to HELP the Foundation with 008 breaches or other severe SCP breach scenarios with 5-6 SCPs breached...the only time I personally ever saw an Orange Suit deployed to fight something OTHER than SCPs (during a massive CI-GOC war) the Orange Suit kept consistently getting obliterated and was, funnily enough, the LEAST effective asset on the battlefield.

I will try to do my best in explaining my points of view for every suggestion I put forth.

While it is completely reasonable that Orange Suit should not "shred" every SCP, in the video he managed to kill one (perhaps 2) SCP-008 instances while damaging 7722 by a few percentage points (I am unsure if he broke his armor). He did get surrounded, and I do not know the context behind the full Orange Suit Deployment, however for a machine designed to counter this specific scenario, one could argue that the results of the situation were lacking to say the least. 1 ERT could have, provided the ERT operator is skilled, put down a shield at the EZ blast door and Nerve gas the entire bunch, most likely terminating most if not all 008 instances and damaging 082 and 7722 severely. 1 ERT is in no way as strong as an Orange Suit, but the results and the opportunities that the 2 have are vastly different. Whereas the 1 ERT has multiple ways to go about evading/tackling the SCPs, there was nothing the Orange Suit could do to prevent its death. Even an ERT throwing nerve gas before he died would've probably done more damage than the Orange Suit did.

The Mauler isn't the only one bad thing about the Orange Suit, it is a plethora of combinations. Its big size (1.3), low HP and armor comparative to what opportunities the Orange Suit has (it cannot run away from a combat engagement, thus it is forced to engage and take the hits), and overall lack of equipment all combine to more or less make a substandard performing job.

The 1000 armor isn't bad by any means, however, as stated above, since unlike ERT Orange Suit can't run away/place down a shield or sentry gun to completely lock down a hallway, it is effectively forced to take the damage, whereas ERT is far more capable of preserving their HP and Armor through the tools they are given.

I do understand the suggestion about reality benders being a bit more on the powerful side, however considering the fact that those 2 TG's could keep the Orange suit in a constant state of being "DETAINED" with their abilities, effectively making it useless, shooting him with their materialized guns and igniting him, effectively hard countering him, in my opinion, isn't reasonable either. TG's could bullet freeze and run away, or do INVERSION, manifest a gun and try to hold their ground. Ignition would also help do chip damage to the Orange suit, and help from their fellow SCPs could prove to be a true challenge for even an experienced Orange Suit Operator to deal with.
As someone who was there, I can give background to the scenario it was deployed in

There was a major 008 breach being held at EZ with multiple SCPs breached. The Osuit was pushing with R&D (both died) to eliminate seveeral spores. The SCPs did a very minor push and were able to immediately overwhelm the Osuit in the exact scenario its meant to be good in

+/- Neutral
I disagree with your idea on how the Reality Benders should be able to affect Osuit. (Apart from 106, because having him be a hard counter to Osuit is dumb)
It is incredibly shitty for an Osuit auth (which takes ages) to get hard countered just because some random reality bender used Detain. And saying they can't affect the Osuit at all is just dumb af. TGs can materialise or escape with Bullet shield, use Escape card to cause chaos and get in a good attack angle, and 8837 can still damage with cosmic blast or black hole

Reactions: Niox

While it is completely reasonable that Orange Suit should not "shred" every SCP, in the video he managed to kill one (perhaps 2) SCP-008 instances while damaging 7722 by a few percentage points (I am unsure if he broke his armor).
Which is why yes, the Mauler needs Buffed. Its bad
He did get surrounded, and I do not know the context behind the full Orange Suit Deployment, however for a machine designed to counter this specific scenario, one could argue that the results of the situation were lacking to say the least. 1 ERT could have, provided the ERT operator is skilled, put down a shield at the EZ blast door and Nerve gas the entire bunch, most likely terminating most if not all 008 instances and damaging 082 and 7722 severely. 1 ERT is in no way as strong as an Orange Suit, but the results and the opportunities that the 2 have are vastly different. Whereas the 1 ERT has multiple ways to go about evading/tackling the SCPs, there was nothing the Orange Suit could do to prevent its death. Even an ERT throwing nerve gas before he died would've probably done more damage than the Orange Suit did.
An idea would be to work with ERT where possible. ERT come in teams of 3 for a reason, Orange suit is significantly underpowered compared to them as they are on their own without any assistance.

The Orange Suit doesn't have the same opportunities as ERT because of its 1000/1000 total, compensating speed and utility for overall Health. The ending part is again referring to how the Mauler is dogshit buff the mauler
You don't have low HP guh. Its size only becomes an issue when dealing with Orange Suit vs Human Combat (And 7722 arrows), and I think its fine. Jugg has 500/500 and no sprint. Orange Suit has 1000/1000 with no sprint and a larger hitbox (AND THE MAULER IS ASS JGJSJJIFSDG). Unless the Orange Suit is fighting an ERT (Who are made to deal with SCP's) it wins most encounters.
See what was said above, try to work with others more. A CI Juggernaut during a raid gets blasted while trying to move through medbay because it cant just bolt through.
shooting him with their materialized guns and igniting him, effectively hard countering him, in my opinion, isn't reasonable either.
I'm assuming this is a typo so eh, because a gun and ignition doesn't hard counter a Orange Suit

Scranton Reality Anchors COUGH COUGH.
Other than that good point honestly, but there isn't really a middle ground, and with the other Orange Suit buffs you are giving, I would say to leave it in the TG's favour.

Sam Johnson

Oct 17, 2023
Which is why yes, the Mauler needs Buffed. Its bad

An idea would be to work with ERT where possible. ERT come in teams of 3 for a reason, Orange suit is significantly underpowered compared to them as they are on their own without any assistance.

The Orange Suit doesn't have the same opportunities as ERT because of its 1000/1000 total, compensating speed and utility for overall Health. The ending part is again referring to how the Mauler is dogshit buff the mauler

You don't have low HP guh. Its size only becomes an issue when dealing with Orange Suit vs Human Combat (And 7722 arrows), and I think its fine. Jugg has 500/500 and no sprint. Orange Suit has 1000/1000 with no sprint and a larger hitbox (AND THE MAULER IS ASS JGJSJJIFSDG). Unless the Orange Suit is fighting an ERT (Who are made to deal with SCP's) it wins most encounters.

See what was said above, try to work with others more. A CI Juggernaut during a raid gets blasted while trying to move through medbay because it cant just bolt through.

I'm assuming this is a typo so eh, because a gun and ignition doesn't hard counter a Orange Suit

Scranton Reality Anchors COUGH COUGH.
Other than that good point honestly, but there isn't really a middle ground, and with the other Orange Suit buffs you are giving, I would say to leave it in the TG's favour.
I can understand where you're coming from with these points, and imo they're all excellently made.

The reason I specified the size and low armor and HP being an issue is because of crossfire. My first deployment during a 008 breach and several others I witnessed while assisting an Orange Suit when I was an NCO, I was getting constantly crossfired by GENSEC/ ERT behind me. At one point a Gensec emptied half a magazine into my back leading me to losing about 400 of my armor. This, coupled with the fact that the Orange Suit needs to get up close for the Mauler to work makes you an easy victim of crossfiring, which, even in small amounts, can easily chip away at your 1000 armor.

7722 arrows are fine, and Orange Suit rarely engages other humans. And while I do agree that cooperation with ERT is extremely good, more often than not they're on their own schedule, since they don't need Orange Suit's help as much as Orange Suit needs THEIR help.

Scranton Reality Anchors make a good point, and I 100% agree, Orange Suit *does* get a Scranton, however if unsupported by other fellow people with Scrantons, TG can easily destroy the scranton and start detaining. Considering Orange Suit rarely gets deployed for *JUST* a TG breach, TG most likely will also NOT be alone, thus my suggestion. TG still would have a plethora of ways to distract/harm the Orange Suit.

I can understand where you're coming from with these points, and imo they're all excellently made.

The reason I specified the size and low armor and HP being an issue is because of crossfire. My first deployment during a 008 breach and several others I witnessed while assisting an Orange Suit when I was an NCO, I was getting constantly crossfired by GENSEC/ ERT behind me. At one point a Gensec emptied half a magazine into my back leading me to losing about 400 of my armor. This, coupled with the fact that the Orange Suit needs to get up close for the Mauler to work makes you an easy victim of crossfiring, which, even in small amounts, can easily chip away at your 1000 armor.

7722 arrows are fine, and Orange Suit rarely engages other humans. And while I do agree that cooperation with ERT is extremely good, more often than not they're on their own schedule, since they don't need Orange Suit's help as much as Orange Suit needs THEIR help.

Scranton Reality Anchors make a good point, and I 100% agree, Orange Suit *does* get a Scranton, however if unsupported by other fellow people with Scrantons, TG can easily destroy the scranton and start detaining. Considering Orange Suit rarely gets deployed for *JUST* a TG breach, TG most likely will also NOT be alone, thus my suggestion. TG still would have a plethora of ways to distract/harm the Orange Suit.
I'm getting that F are bad at coopering with GOC, and you know thats not a bad thing. They can either grow a pare and start assisting the Orange Suit and not blasting it with 18000 bullets, or you can just not send any help which would hurt relations and result in more RP(~) between you and F.
But on the actual topic of the Orange Suit, yes cooperation is a major issue, and I personally don't believe in 'making buffs for something when the issue can be circumvented but isn't'.

+-neutral
in the clip you showed you were completely in the open and merked by TWO SCPs and like three 008s, seems like it was your fault- you can't expect to come out alive in a horrible situation like you showed yourself in
these are the only parts of your suggestion i support, i like the idea of a one-man ERT wave completely obliterating everything in its path that sounds cool asf
+-neutral (+support for stated parts)