Denied Peoples Usernames

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyFox04

Aug 31, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Removes usernames from above peoples head

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
It can stop most of the meta gaming that happens within the server
It can somewhat make the server look a lil better, as in, there wont be names constantly popping up everytime you look at someone

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
There is non unless its impossible to do for the whole server

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It should be accepted so people cant just see that its actually a d class and should be "Identified"

• Angry
Reactions: Auburn

Landon

Nov 30, 2022
+support
I was doing a DC one time and I was disguised as a sr.researcher with a matching keycard and my disguise switched to d-class and as I was walking out of core sector I walked past an A-1 and he seen that I had d class in my name and almost instantly attempted to cuff me but failed because I stepped back from him after that I asked him why he did that and his response was “ID now” (also the amount of meta gaming I have seen from dea is shocking)

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
@ Metagaming

+Support is more immersive.

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
Will be really fun for IA to chase Tech Experts when there's no way to distinguish them.

Scopes

May 2, 2022
Michigan
-Support

This isn't really required. Just report players who are metagaming. I'd understand if Site-9 removes usernames as it's going to be an entirely new server and maybe more RP enhanced.

SIMI

Aug 28, 2022
-Support

This isn't really required. Just report players who are metagaming. I'd understand if Site-9 removes usernames as it's going to be an entirely new server and maybe more RP enhanced.
ITS impossible to prove people are metagaming, you cannot record their every move and its very easy to make an alibi as to why you are doing something (e.g keeping a code 1 up, they can say its for any reason when deep down its because when they hold tab they can see one of the D class's are disguised and wont call it off until then)

HUGE +SUPPORT FOR THIS

I Know its impractical but D class is the most infurating role to play because metagaming happens ALWAYS

Reactions: Coffeatus

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
-Neutral
I think somebodys name should be displayed when they present their keycard, specifically the name on the keycard.
Also, for example, if you're an E-11, you'll see the names of fellow E-11 members instantly, as you realistically would know who they are.

Sleepino

Sep 16, 2022
i think they need to rework the username system to have it where it just shows unknown unless you get out a card etc

Bobertio Bobertioson

Aug 9, 2022
-Support
The username system is used to identify people through what they look like, you see someone and their username, you know what that person looks like. Removing the system will cause 10000 misidentification scenario's as IA will be unable to identify someone through what they look like and make a million false arrests, not even mentioning the other issues with being unable to identify people through appearance.

Vollgas

Mar 19, 2022
-Support

Imagine someone breaks the rules (FailRP, scamming, FearRP... The kind of things that don't show up in logs), and you can't even report it because you don't know who it was.

FuzzyFox04

Aug 31, 2022
-Support

Imagine someone breaks the rules (FailRP, scamming, FearRP... The kind of things that don't show up in logs), and you can't even report it because you don't know who it was.
look at the keycard.... or consol logs....

Status
Not open for further replies.