Denied Perma Weapons Balance change(less soy)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
  • Make TWO versions of weapons that are being added to the store, one remains a UNEDITED version that stays the same for its classes. The other is a NERFED version but is added to the store. (Example: GOC LT MSBS remains the SAME unedited stats, while the public perma ones receive the nerf). This would need to apply to every gun that’s been changed. (ASVAL, ARX, VHS, MSBS, and more)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • Factions and their classes remain the same without their weapons being nerfed because “it has skin!11 giv nef cuz sl gRaeat!”
  • Provides to both parties, people who want to buy perms to the server AND want to keep weapons the same without getting fucked over.
  • More donations I guess (more perms)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • None, regiments, factions, and classes keep their weapons at the same stats while allowing people to buy perms.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
  • Allows people to buy perms without fucking over factions with the reasoning of it has a skin. This can provide to the people who WANT to buy perms to give to the server and keep factions at the same power level without getting fucked.

Generally speaking, This doesn't feel like something that would require much effort, and to keep things easier, a Vguns Perma category could be employed.

I feel it sucks to have a gun given perma status that is already in a loadout, then have it adjusted due to the OP status it has.
A-1 and O-1 utilize the VHS and ARX, and are pretty fair due to the limited supply.

Now anyone and their mother uses the VHS or ARX, and over saturates it.
+ Support for the Idea.

What is the intended stat for if say; Someone dies and drops the gun? Do you expect it to retain the perma-weapon or faction specific weapon stats?
If you say, use the perma gun, die, and it drops, it keeps its perma gun stats.
Same thing for the Loadout Weapon variant, If you die, and it drops, it will drop as the Loadout Variant, not the Perma variant.

If you say, use the perma gun, die, and it drops, it keeps its perma gun stats.
Same thing for the Loadout Weapon variant, If you die, and it drops, it will drop as the Loadout Variant, not the Perma variant.

I'm not sure of the feasibility of this; But it'd definitely keep the appeal of getting a certain job while keeping the appeal of getting to actually use the weapon, If it is feasible, I give my support.

Zen

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Sep 16, 2023
- Support
I feel like the answer here is to simply not add weapons that are very restricted to the list of perma weapons in future. If NL wants to add a new perma, they can just select a different weapon that is currently unused by any class. It would both solve this problem and provide more server content rather than simply using the same guns people are already using.

Also, having two different versions of the same gun is just going to be confusing and annoying, and needlessly make things more complicated, when NL could simply not do this in the first place.

- Support
I feel like the answer here is to simply not add weapons that are very restricted to the list of perma weapons in future. If NL wants to add a new perma, they can just select a different weapon that is currently unused by any class. It would both solve this problem and provide more server content rather than simply using the same guns people are already using.

Also, having two different versions of the same gun is just going to be confusing and annoying, and needlessly make things more complicated, when NL could simply not do this in the first place.
agreed

Jan 10, 2023
- Support

theyre not going to do that
+support

Jun 24, 2022
- Support

NL doesn't really care, they do it for money off skins and perms. If anything, they enjoy doing it to break combat, everyone buys, nerf. They do it with new SCPs do I don't know

I'm not sure of the feasibility of this; But it'd definitely keep the appeal of getting a certain job while keeping the appeal of getting to actually use the weapon, If it is feasible, I give my support.
Basing it off what I know about Lua, and generally weapon development as content, Its almost as simple as copying the current ARX file in the server and making a new one called ARX-P. So you have the normal ARX-130 and then the ARX-130P, with the P being the perma Variant. ( Granted there is some more specific editing you need to do to the Guns actual files. )

Anything pass that in how well it will handle in situations like, where it drops and stuff is speculative as I simply do not understand Vwars code. This is a bit apparant with things like the "Government Auger", "Cloaks BR9", and the "Super Doublebarrel." Which are copies of already existing guns with different statistics.

Pass that, and if they want skins to apply to both guns, it boils down to how they coded their skin system, it could be as simple as adding both guns to load the skin if its equiped, or it could be some beast all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.