Not open for further replies.
> Greetings User!
> Processing Clearence Level . . .
> Clearence Level 4 detected!
> Loading Personnel File . . .

> Done!

Epsilon11.png
"TRAVEL IN THREES"
> Greetings User! Welcome to the personnel file of: E-11 Captain John Maverick.
-
> Which section of the personnel file would you like to read?
> Options: [General_Information] - [Personnel_Background] [Foundation_Background]- [Personnel_Interview_Log]
> Selected: [General_Information]
> Loading . . .
>
Done!

[General Information]
Given Name: John Maverick
Active Codename: N/A
Sex: Male
Height: 185.42 cm (6' 1")
Race: White
Nationality: American
Distinguishable Traits: Brown Hair, Brown Iris, Minor Limp With Right Leg
Birthplace: ██████████, Tennessee
Date of Birth: 08/23/1984
Positions Held: General Security Captain
Positions Holding: Epsilon-11 Captain
> Loading . . .
> Options: [General_Information] - [Personnel_Background] [Foundation_Background]-[Personnel_Interview_Log]
> Selected: [Personnel_Background]
> Loading . . .
>
Done!

[Personnel Background]
John Maverick graduated from police academy in 2007 and started off as a correctional officer in 2008 at a high security prison located in Wisconsin. He took such a hard job so he could take care of his grandfather who was suffering from dementia. In 2016 John went to work as usual but little did he know that fate would soon test him. Just after the lunch bell rang the prison erupted into chaos as the bloodthirsty prisoners launched a massive riot.

Through blackmarket deals and bribery the prisoners got a mix of drugs and alcohol that made them never feel pain or exhaustion. John was in the armory testing his skills when the alarm rang in. He quickly put on his riot control gear and ran outside to combat the hoard. John fearlessly fought his way through the bloodied halls trying to save anyone he could while dispatching anyone who tried to harm him.

The last of the guards were holed up inside of the canteen’s kitchen but by the time John got there the prisoners had climbed through the vents and killed the guards. John however, fought on. He killed any and all prisoners who dared get in his way and secured all the weapons they had. Eventually he’d finally put an end to the chaos and went home when the backup team had arrived. Being the lone survivor of such a gruesome riot John retired the day after.

Years later John was running out of money and needed to find work again to keep supporting himself and his grandfather. Luckily word got out to the foundation about his work in the prison and he was contacted by foundation security recruiters. Since he was running low on money to keep taking care of his grandfather, he accepted the offer.
> Loading . . .
> Options: [General_Information] - [Personnel_Background] [Foundation_Background]-[Personnel_Interview_Log]
> Selected: [Foundation_Background]
> Loading . . .
>
Done!

[Foundation Background]
John started off in the General Security Department and after a long time in there he joined the AXO subdivision. Not so surprisingly he quickly moved up the ranks in the AXO program and proved time and time again to be a powerful combatant and leader. One day however his past came back to haunt him. While working as a Riot Sergeant, he dealt with one of the worst riots Site-65 had ever seen.

Despite the massive casualties he pulled through in the end and re-secured D-block. It seems John used his skills from the prison riot all those years ago to survive. Later down the line Site-65 had one of the worst containment breaches in foundation history. Nearly all of the SCPs in containment had breached including SCP-███.

At the time of the breach John was a General Security Captain. He was taking a quick break in the cafeteria when the speakers cracked to life: “We’re seeing containment failure warnings all over the site! None of the automatic containment systems are responding! All security and MTF teams respond immediately!” Just after the announcement ended a piercing alarm started signing off before cutting out due to a power outage.

Loud roars bellowed through the halls as John was piecing together what was happening around him. Suddenly, SCP-106 began to rise from the ground. John ran for it but the keypad to the door wasn’t working. By some miracle the door opened just before SCP-106 could reach him.

Once in the hall John took his flashlight out of its holder and turned it on. Standing on the other end of the hall was an SCP-939 instance. SCP-106 was starting to phase through the door so John quickly crouched down and maneuvered his way towards the beast since it was blocking the way out. Once he was standing right next to it, he quietly took a flashbang off his belt and through it down the hall towards SCP-106. The flashbang exploded, enlightening the hall for just a moment.

This stunned SCP-106 and drew SCP-939 away from the door. John fiddled with the keypad and opened the door. He ran outside, shutting it behind him. He ran to the elevator and pushed the button. At first nothing happened, but it started inching its way down the shaft.

John figured he’d made it and took a breath of relief. This was short lived however as the elevator began to creak and groan. Then the cables snapped plummeting John further into the dark abyss. Soon it crashed and happened to do so in the entrance zone.

Somehow John was nearly unscathed from the fall apart from a wounded arm. He slowly pulled himself out of the elevator's remains, stood up and gathered his bearings. Just ahead was the entrance zone medbay. John headed to the medbay to patch himself up.

Once inside he found an untouched medkit under the reception counter. John sat on the floor and began rummaging through to find what he needed. As he was searching through, he paused. It finally dawned on John that in his haste he had left his F90 in the cafeteria.

Realizing this he reached for his holster and found that his handgun was still there. Next, he reached for his right pocket feeling around for his keycard and found it to still be there as well. John finally found the things he needed and began to patch himself up. He poured the peroxide on the wound on his upper arm and wrapped it tightly with bandages.

With his wound taken care of John leaned back onto the wall behind him and sighed. Then a loud thump shook the room. Then another and another. John hopped up realizing the noise had been coming from behind him.

As he was backing away the wall in front of him came crashing down and a chunk of concrete landed on his right leg. This broke his leg instantly and John screamed in pain. SCP-682 had found him and began inching his way closer and closer to John. Just before SCP-682 could tear into him gunfire filled the room as the Nine Tailed Fox had arrived to stop SCP-682.

One of the soldiers ran over to John and helped him get the concrete chunk off of him as the others fought SCP-682. The soldier carried John to a storage closet just outside the medbay. The soldier opened the door and hid John inside and instructed him to stay there. The soldier then ran outside, and John was left alone again.

John took a look at his leg and realized he wouldn’t last long if it stayed like that. He looked around in the closest and found a lab coat on a hanger and pulled it down. He tore the shirt and wrapped it around his leg just as he did with his arm. Now he had to find out how he was going to escape.

Fortunately, he still remembered the evacuation procedures. John cracked the closest door open and peered outside. The E-11 soldiers had died and SCP-682 had burrowed back into the wall to cause chaos elsewhere. John opened the door the rest of the way and crawled out of the closet.

John started to crawl his way to the fire stairs just outside the floor 3 elevator. Once he was there, he stood himself up and used the stairway rails to help keep himself going. While he was ascending the stairs a door below slammed open and something started growling and hissing. It started to run up the stairs and chase after John.

John started running up the stairs as best as he could. He did not know what it was chasing after him. He’d never heard about an SCP that sounded like the thing chasing after him. Until he finally realized what it was.

It was a biohazardous SCP, clearance 4 and highly classified. As John was running up the stairs, he looked down the side of the staircase and saw not just one but five instances pursuing him. Even more adrenaline shot through his veins at the sight of such a thing and he started running faster. The SCPs were faster than him though.

John quickly spun around pulled his sidearm out of its holster and opened fire striking multiple of the SCPs. Four fell but the last one was covered in something dark and strong. It was protecting itself and was getting far too close to him. John turned back around and kept running.

Just as John was entering the creature’s grasp, he saw the surface access door and busted through. Nu-7 forces pointed their guns at John and started yelling orders at him. John couldn’t hear them over his heart pounding in his ears. He fell to the side of the door exhausted just as the creature came through. Nu-7 shot it dead on the spot and moved John’s unconscious body to the medical zone of the evacuation area.

When John came to he jolted up panting. He took a look around him and saw doctors healing other foundation personnel. Realizing what happened to him wasn’t a dream John layed back down and waited for what was to come.

After John was back to as full of health as he could get, E-11 recruiters reached out to him due to his ability to survive and overcome all odds. John thought back to his time during that containment breach and decided to Join E-11 in honor of the units that saved his life. During his time in E-11 he quickly progressed the ranks due to his combative skills and leadership abilities.
> Loading . . .
> Selected: [Personnel_Interview_Log]
> Loading . . .
>
Done!

[Personnel Interview Log]
Q: "What was your life before you joined the foundation?"

A: "You want me to go back to where it all began? Very well. It was 2007, I was in Wisconsin when I graduated from Police Academy. I was ready to do some work with my pride flying higher than a kite. I knew that being a regular cop was a good way to die fast so I opted to be a prison guard. I didn’t want to worry my grandpa; bless his soul. . . When I was young my parents got killed by what I know now as SCP-939. They just went for an afternoon hike in the mountains, but they never came back. That left me all alone with my grandpa. He raised me as best as he could but later on our roles swapped and I started taking care of him. As it turned out he had developed dementia so of course I started taking care of him. I'd send a good portion of my paycheck to him to keep his bills paid. One day I almost didn't come back. . . It was just a cold afternoon in 2016 when the prisoners launched a full-scale riot. Lots of people died on both sides. In the end I was the last man standing. On that day I retired. I didn't want to risk anything anymore. If I died there, who would've taken care of my grandpa? Anyway, A few years later I was contacted by a foundation recruiter for my skills at that prison. They found me useful, I guess. . . . I nearly turned the offer down when they said I'd never see my grandpa again. I however came up with a plan that they accepted. I signed him up for a fake retired men's care program so that I could still send him money in secret. So, on a rainy day in May of 2021 I told my grandpa I was going to college. His eyes lit up when he heard that, and he told me he had something to show me. I followed him to the attic, and he pulled the ladder down. He climbed up, paused and grabbed a box. He passed it to me and explained that the things inside were things he collected while in college himself. Course, I took the box, so I'd have something to remember him by. Later that day I left. You should know the rest of my story. I joined the security department, joined AXO and became the head of program, and later enlisted in E-11 and became a captain."

Q: "What was your time like in Gensec?"

A: "Pretty tame honestly. Sure, at times it got pretty hectic but nowhere near as bad as that riot in '16."

Q: "Did you experience a containment breach while in the security department? If so, how many?"

A: "Anyone working here has had their fill. Worst one I survived was a blackout during a sitewide containment breach. Yes, it even included [DATA EXPUNGED]. I don't even know how I survived. Maybe some unseen force was protecting me."

Q: "What all was in that box your grandfather gave you?"

A: "As I said, nicknacks from his time in college. Well, that's partly true. Some of them were anomalous. Probably not enough to need SCP classification though."

Q: "What objects were anomalous and how?"

A: "I can't remember all of them, but I do remember one of them the most. It was a blue cap from his college. It had a hint of a mud stain just on the top of the school logo. Wearing it increases your understanding of the world by 50% of what your IQ was. Apparently prolonged exposure can cause severe dementia. I asked my grandfather how much he'd worn the thing and he said he could remember wearing it almost every day."

Q: "We heard that you stopped sending him money around the time we obtained our type-greens. Why was that?"

A: "Ah, I was sorta hoping you wouldn't ask that. Well, I'll still tell you. Around the time we captured the type-greens I stopped getting Emails from him. I did a bit of digging and found out that he was gone. Not gone as in dead but like he'd ceased to exist. His house was also gone. There wasn't a mailbox, no connection where the power or the water or the gas would've been. There wasn't even the cobblestone path to the front door. Hell, his neighbors said there was never even a house there. I checked our incident logs and sure enough, one of those things was over there. I hope all they did was remove him from existence. I can’t imagine the pain they could’ve put him through.”

Q: “Will this incident affect how you perform?”

A:” If you mean for it to distract me and damage my capabilities, no. If you mean if it’ll make me do better when those things breach, yes.”

> Loading . . .

> All sections of the personnel file have been read.
> Would you like to log out of the SCPiNET?
> Y/N?
> Selected: Y.
> Logging out....
> Have a safe day and remember to: Secure. Contain. Protect.

I just want to point out that this is not for a PAC3. This is just me wanting a staff approved backstory and lore for my character. When I'm on Gensec Captain on the server I play as that younger version of the character and when I'm on E-11 I play as the older version of the character. Whenever I leave Gensec that is when I'll play as the older version/the current one.

Status
Not open for further replies.