Philip Adam ECA application [UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vxnt

Jun 5, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:238482069
Discord name: Vxnt#2131
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Started about a year ago, took a break, came back
In what country are you located?: Scotland
Time zone: GMT+1
Character name(s): Philip Adam [COG-3], Philip Adams, Philip Adams.
Civilian name: Philip Adams
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?:
-Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
-096 [Holding]
-CI Beta [Held]

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
-2 Warnings in June last year for NLR.

What makes you the best candidate for Ethics Committee Assistant?:
- I am a very active player of IA and I am very knowledgeable on the Legal Codex and the policies that other departments must follow.
- I enjoy writing documentations on events and subjects, which is why I was also quite active as a Sr Researcher and why I had joined COG-3 previously.
- I am mature, I enjoy RP and I'd like to say that I can handle most, if not all, situations that are thrown at me with as little mistakes as possible.

What are the responsibilities of Ethics Committee Assistants in RP?:
- An Ethics Committee Assistant's job is to follow the orders given by the Ethics Committee themselves. You act as their proxy throughout the foundation, doing tasks deemed too menial for them to carry out themselves while still being important. You are to report to the committee with any major issues you find, and serve as the middleman when the situation requires it.
- If you do not have orders, and there is no member to give them (or they have none to give), you are to observe the actions of the Foundation's personnel. You are to make sure that everything follows policy and does not stray from the Legal Codex. If you do find any who would break these, you are to see to it that they are dealt with via the correct means for the acts committed.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee Assistant character and what storylines they would be involved in:

My name is Philip Adam, and I always knew I wanted to work in a job that served the people, so when I was contacted by the SCP foundation I was thrilled. I was fascinated by the idea of containing and studying anomalies, and I wanted to be a part of the team that kept the world safe from their dangers. After completing my undergraduate degree in biochemistry, I applied to the Foundation and was accepted as a research assistant. I was thrilled to be working with some of the most brilliant scientists and researchers in the world, and I threw myself into my work.

But the more I learned about the SCPs we were studying, the more I began to question some of the procedures and protocols we were using. I saw SCPs that were being kept in inhumane conditions or subjected to cruel experiments, and I couldn't help but feel that we were crossing ethical lines. That's when I first learned about the Ethics Committee and the Internal Affairs department. The idea of these groups being dedicated to ensuring that the Foundation's work was carried out ethically was both inspiring and daunting. But I knew that I wanted to be a part of it.

I immediately applied to become an agent for the internal affairs, and to my surprise I was accepted, then came the training. Learning the Legal Codex wasn't easy, but it was necessary if I was to reach my goal of one day joining the Ethics Committee. Once I had learned the Codex, it was shocking to see how many personnel break these laws and policies without even a second thought. I wouldn't stand for it, I worked hard and diligently to uphold the LC to the best of my ability, yet no matter how much I did, there was always more.

I started volunteering for the committee in my spare time so I could try to get closer to the committee and see the origin for the laws I fight to protect, assisting with research and compiling reports on those who stray from the right path. It wasn't glamorous work, but I felt like I was making a difference. I was thrilled when I was eventually offered a position as an Ethics Committee Assistant.

My job involves a lot of administrative work - scheduling meetings, organizing agendas, and maintaining records - but it's also incredibly rewarding. I get to work closely with the committee members and see firsthand the impact that our decisions can have on the Foundation's operations. Of course, there are also times when our decisions are unpopular or controversial. There have been heated debates and even some threats, but I know that the work we're doing is important. We're the ones who ensure that the Foundation's work is carried out in a way that's consistent with our moral principles and values.

It's not always an easy job, but I'm proud to be a SCP Ethics Committee Assistant and to help ensure that the Foundation is doing the right thing - not just for the sake of containing anomalies, but for the sake of humanity as a whole.

Rito Munro Fraser

May 14, 2023
Denmark
+Support, seen this man on IA quite a bit, one of the few that like to respond when asked for

Edit: Also the Philip Adams incident

Last edited:

Critical

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of Ethics Committee. Hello, Philip Adam.

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Good luck.
Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.