Denied Please let us post memes in the discord

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Mirai (未来)

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Programming Team
Game Master
Jan 5, 2021
Romania
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds a #memes channel in SCP discord
Alternatively, allows the posting of memes in #scp-art

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I would think so, but I'm not sure.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
People have a place to share the funny moments or images without crowding a channel specifically made for art
People will no longer be afraid of 1984 being punished for something that may seem unjust.
It relaxes the community, gives them a fun outlet

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
It's easy to go out of topic and, in the case of a new channel, #scp-art will be dead

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Honestly, as I see it, nobody uses the channel for real art, except maybe once in a blue moon.
In my view, it only makes people mad that they're stopped from doing what they like. Sharing a funny moment from the game is more positive and rather valuable than one would think, and is very healthy for a community.
I'm not sure why one would be this opposed to memes, but the suggestion is up to hopefully be considered.

While I know suggestion replies are generally opinions on the change itself, in the case that it is rejected, could we speak more about this?

Reactions: fiski69

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
+ Support
Content on the way to deny as this would add to the backlog !2123

Betriv

Jul 5, 2022
+support
they're just gonna deny it for "waste of development time" or something like that I bet u

Jason

Blacklisted Player
Jan 28, 2023
+support
they're just gonna deny it for "waste of development time" or something like that I bet u
Sounds like such a 2023 CN thing to do. Who knew that a gaming business could become such a nuisance and remove all fun from the main source of communication between players of the same server...

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
The reason we didn't add a memes channel is because they used to get really toxic in our old Discords, so we were trying to cut down on that behaviour when we launched our newer servers. Only certain people have Discord mod perms, and even just saying "moderate it" isn't a solution because people complain when their toxic stuff gets removed, it gets seen by others before it's removed, etc. This decision was made by Ventz originally so it'd need Ventz' approval to change.
+support
You know this isn't true, why are you bothering to be staff if you talk like this about other staff?
Sounds like such a 2023 CN thing to do. Who knew that a gaming business could become such a nuisance and remove all fun from the main source of communication between players of the same server...
Again, this is just a rude thing to say, we haven't had a memes channel in years. If you have examples of what you're talking about feel free to show them to me as I'd be interested to see them.

Zystro

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
Aug 23, 2022
No fuckin' way you have a link to your youtube in the reply

fiski69

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
The reason we didn't add a memes channel is because they used to get really toxic in our old Discords, so we were trying to cut down on that behaviour when we launched our newer servers. Only certain people have Discord mod perms, and even just saying "moderate it" isn't a solution because people complain when their toxic stuff gets removed, it gets seen by others before it's removed, etc. This decision was made by Ventz originally so it'd need Ventz' approval to change.

You know this isn't true, why are you bothering to be staff if you talk like this about other staff?

Again, this is just a rude thing to say, we haven't had a memes channel in years. If you have examples of what you're talking about feel free to show them to me as I'd be interested to see them.
just add a cooldown on it like in the art channels? don't see how the art channels would be any diffrent then meme channels

Jason

Blacklisted Player
Jan 28, 2023
You said I was rude, but you said this? He's a human, not a robot. Is he not allowed to speak his mind?

Derek White

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Oct 12, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Lord Mirai (未来) ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We have denied this due to if this was implemented people would not follow the rules and it would turn into something too big to handle with the moderation process we have currently.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.