Accepted Please look at helicopters

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes

Civil Gamers Expert
Jun 6, 2021
youtu.be
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
The aim of this suggestion is to review the helicopters in game.
There are so many issues we have right now, and they really need addressing. It's no longer 'Fun' to fly for JAF.
The first being
Balance the Kiowa & KA52.
This argument is clear. The KA52 is obviously supreme and it's not fun or fair to dogfight Kiowa vs KA52.
The KA has lock on Hellfires, Hydras AND a cannon. Meanwhile, our Kiowa has some Hydras. 'But kIowA smALl' you say? No... just no.
Give the Kiowa a better cannon.

Look at the Comanche!
It's really just not a good helicopter. It spawns and then proceeds to flip because it has some stupid landing gear. Maybe fix them in place?
Also the cannon on the Comanche.. Jesus it's not even worth having.

Finally, please revert the change on our helis where our missiles got HALVED with no consultation within the regiments that fly the helicopters whether this would be a good idea. News flash to you, it hasn't. The KA52 cannon just shits on you because you only have 4 hellfires now.
I just think SL are changing things and having no consultation with the players who actually play the game. They're only looking at one side of the story.
If anyone else has anything to say I'd be glad to discuss / add them below.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Makes the game fun again for heli regiments (Especially JAF)
Means you can actually dogfight without getting instakilled.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
1 person cries and this suggestion gets denied.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Well it's not fun to fly helis anymore because the KA52 and its (wait for this one) 600 BULLET CANNON which can pretty much kill you within 5-6 shots.
Please just Buff the kiowa & make the cannon useable, or give us an alternative with that cannon. It's simply not fair.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Harry

Developer
Developer
Mapping Team
Aug 28, 2021
As EX JAF 1LT JAF 2LT ABT MAJ and SWB COL I can conclude this is a skill issue from JAFs side

-support
Skill issue, stop spamming suggestions and learn how to fly your helis

• reaction_title.7
Reactions: Kvalax

Astolfo

MRP War Veteran
Jun 12, 2021
Suggestion Partially Accepted

Hi @Eyes , Your suggestion has been partially accepted.

I will be looking into some heli changes that could benefit and balance both sides out, however these changes will not be just completely removing some helis weapons (like Ka-52)

Also, we will not be reverting the halvening of the hellfires, due to it having a positive impact on ground gameplay​

Status
Not open for further replies.