Denied possible solutions to intentional crossfire during breaches

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
first of all i would like to explain why im creating this suggestion over the years ive been killed during breaches by crossfire hundreds of times but its gotten to the point where i can no longer accept that some not all of these crossfire deaths are being done on purpose and people are abusing the system to get away with rdm during breaches i have multiple videos confirming this and this issue needs to be resolved somehow because its getting really annoying for everyone involved

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
my idea is to lower the amount of damage repeat crossfire offenders can do during breaches which goes away after time to reward good behavior lets say everytime someones reported for rdm but it could of been crossfire their damage to other foundation members during raids or breaches only is reducing by half each time making it harder for them to kill others this will go away after a week without incident or be increased if another incident happens within a week as people constantly crossfiring others cant always be seen as accident theirs a point where they must be doing it on purpose and abusing the crossfire system to get away with mass rdm

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
this would reduce repeat offenders ability to ruin other peoples rp during events greatly by making sure they cant do enough damage to kill others without it being obvious that their doing it on purpose and taking advantage of situations to get away with rdm i dont think everyones doing it but some most certainly are abusing the system to get away with rdm just by simply lying saying its crossfire constantly i believe they do this for fun and also so that they can get more damage on the scp instead of others a form of sabotage done very smartly
would make rp simpler instead of everyone constantly dying to crossfire

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
i cant think of any apart from it might take a little bit to code because whats wrong with simply reducing the harm they can do to others if they keep crossfiring people constantly

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
i believe this method or something similar is the best way to reduce these annoying deaths and make breaches more fun for everyone without being to harsh incase it truly is by accident the reduced friendly fire damage would only be active during events and go away quickly once they stop getting reported for it so i see no reason why something to reduce these issues cant be added and question the intentions of those that would disagree like is it about realism for them or do they just enjoy crossfiring people and getting away with rdm we must have a way to prevent such toxicity that is all thank you for your time to anyone who reads this and feels the same

Coolioo

top bloke
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
bossman lane
-support, crossfire is a part of the RP. The system you've suggested is too complicated and unnecessary for something that isn't really a pressing issue. My advice is to completely avoid areas where the shooting is happening, and if that isn't possible then that's part of the RP.

I can see why it'd be annoying though, especially if you think people are just doing it on purpose.

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
-support, crossfire is a part of the RP. The system you've suggested is too complicated and unnecessary for something that isn't really a pressing issue. My advice is to completely avoid areas where the shooting is happening, and if that isn't possible then that's part of the RP.

I can see why it'd be annoying though, especially if you think people are just doing it on purpose.
im afraid your competely wrong for 4 main reasons 1 people getting away with constant rdm by abusing the crossfire system has no place in this server and lowers its quality 2 its not complicated at all its simply lowering the amout of damage repeat crossfirers can do when its proven that they are repeat offenders and could be rdming on purpose 3 its incredibly corrupt to tell people they cant join in fights without being crossfired and falls into toxicity greed and blatently not wanting others to get involved and murdering them if they do 4 your simply defending possible rdm and offering no solution as if its not an issue and you want possible rdm to continue unpunished leading to me thinking about what your motivations are because people who are part of the issue should not be allowed to vote to keep the issue happening as thats the definition of corruption allowing toxic activity to keep happening and silencing anyone trying to prevent it with new ideas

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
-support
skill issue we don't need this- if anything this would encourage all of E11 to kill each other in crossfire- lose the ability to friendly fire (or make it less damaging), and then blindly shoot in bad firing lines because they don't need to worry about damaging their friends
that would also be abuse and they would be punished for during the sits where video evidence would prove them and considering they would need deep knowledge and understanding the punishment would be severe all i want is smart corrupt mtf members to stop abusing the system not just make it go deeper just stop killing people on purpose during breaches you know exactly what your doing and deserve punishment

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
-support
skill issue we don't need this- if anything this would encourage all of E11 to kill each other in crossfire- lose the ability to friendly fire (or make it less damaging), and then blindly shoot in bad firing lines because they don't need to worry about damaging their friends
they would also still do damage it would just make it harder for them to pretend it was accidental so they can be caught and punished for their crossfire rdm abuse easier making admins lives better

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
im starting to believe huge corruption is going on in mtf for so many to condone this obvious trick to get away with rdm all of them not supporting this when its obviously an issue and has been going on for a long time and effects everyone with me myself experiencing it countless times and having multiple videos proving it as im sure others have they are abusing the system and must be stopped somehow its that simple they think their smart but their not smart enough youve annoyed me to much with it constantly happening for me to ignore and do nothing about it any longer

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
-support.

If they have video it can be seen if there intentionally aiming to you or the scp

Moros

Jan 8, 2023
Canada
-Support.
There's a lot more interactions that happen on the server besides breaches and shooting SCP's. There are going to be occasions during which Foundation members may be required to shoot other Foundation members. Some examples of this would be for training, in the instance of being class-f'd, or if they're ordered to terminate someone for being a threat.
Those are just a few examples. How would this system possibly distinguish from those things? What you've suggested adds absolutely nothing to the server and just takes things away. If people are crossfiring you intentionally, either bring it to IA icly or take it to an admin oocly.

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
-Support.
There's a lot more interactions that happen on the server besides breaches and shooting SCP's. There are going to be occasions during which Foundation members may be required to shoot other Foundation members. Some examples of this would be for training, in the instance of being class-f'd, or if they're ordered to terminate someone for being a threat.
Those are just a few examples. How would this system possibly distinguish from those things? What you've suggested adds absolutely nothing to the server and just takes things away. If people are crossfiring you intentionally, either bring it to IA icly or take it to an admin oocly.
i specifically said this decrease in damage would only occur during raids and breaches and only to proven repeat crossfire offenders if your going to comment at least fully understand and read my suggestion lol they should be prevented from doing it without having to call sits that are often a waste of time people are smart they find a way round everything

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
they get away with it constantly
sounds like a u issue.

sam suggestion momento

but for an honest opinion
this would take to long to code in can break very easily abused in ways and unfair to certain people.

if your aim in actual dog shit then your gonna punish them?
massive - support

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
-Support.
i cant take these smart crossfire rdm abusers toxicity anymore and much thought went into this suggestion by not supporting it your allowing them to constantly abuse the system to get away with rdm just by simply saying crossfire this system gives people at least a chance to prove their doing it on purpose by preventing them instantly killing with only a few bullets

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
sounds like a u issue.

sam suggestion momento
you just dont like that im finally doing something about this constant crossfire rdm scandal where you all get away with it greedily getting all the scp damage to yourselves and laughing to yourselves at how easy it is to get away with rdm

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
you just dont like that im finally doing something about this constant crossfire rdm scandal where you all get away with it greedily getting all the scp damage to yourselves and laughing to yourselves at how easy it is to get away with rdm
no im not u have a history with denied suggestions.
this a u issue since this is rarer then rare.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
i mean hes got a point i love using scp breaches in dblock as a excuse to "Crossfire" class D personal same with 8854 on surface

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
i mean hes got a point i love using scp breaches in dblock as a excuse to "Crossfire" class D personal same with 8854 on surface
not the exact situation im talking about but youve got the spirit im talking about how when anyones shooting the scp and it gets close to groups of people the others just shoot and kill them constantly as even today ive had my head blown off twice

Status
Not open for further replies.