Denied possible solutions to intentional crossfire during breaches

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
first of all i would like to explain why im creating this suggestion over the years ive been killed during breaches by crossfire hundreds of times but its gotten to the point where i can no longer accept that some not all of these crossfire deaths are being done on purpose and people are abusing the system to get away with rdm during breaches i have multiple videos confirming this and this issue needs to be resolved somehow because its getting really annoying for everyone involved

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
my idea is to lower the amount of damage repeat crossfire offenders can do during breaches which goes away after time to reward good behavior lets say everytime someones reported for rdm but it could of been crossfire their damage to other foundation members during raids or breaches only is reducing by half each time making it harder for them to kill others this will go away after a week without incident or be increased if another incident happens within a week as people constantly crossfiring others cant always be seen as accident theirs a point where they must be doing it on purpose and abusing the crossfire system to get away with mass rdm

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
this would reduce repeat offenders ability to ruin other peoples rp during events greatly by making sure they cant do enough damage to kill others without it being obvious that their doing it on purpose and taking advantage of situations to get away with rdm i dont think everyones doing it but some most certainly are abusing the system to get away with rdm just by simply lying saying its crossfire constantly i believe they do this for fun and also so that they can get more damage on the scp instead of others a form of sabotage done very smartly
would make rp simpler instead of everyone constantly dying to crossfire

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
i cant think of any apart from it might take a little bit to code because whats wrong with simply reducing the harm they can do to others if they keep crossfiring people constantly

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
i believe this method or something similar is the best way to reduce these annoying deaths and make breaches more fun for everyone without being to harsh incase it truly is by accident the reduced friendly fire damage would only be active during events and go away quickly once they stop getting reported for it so i see no reason why something to reduce these issues cant be added and question the intentions of those that would disagree like is it about realism for them or do they just enjoy crossfiring people and getting away with rdm we must have a way to prevent such toxicity that is all thank you for your time to anyone who reads this and feels the same

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
no im not u have a history with denied suggestions.
this a u issue since this is rarer then rare.
your the kind of person to abuse my suggestion to get it removed even if it did get implemented your that petty

Moros

Jan 8, 2023
Canada
i specifically said this decrease in damage would only occur during raids and breaches and only to proven repeat crossfire offenders if your going to comment at least fully understand and read my suggestion lol they should be prevented from doing it without having to call sits that are often a waste of time people are smart they find a way round everything
You'd have to be more than a little closed minded to think that the entire server is going to come to a grinding halt every single time a raid or a breach occurs. There are many things happening at once and this system just wouldn't work.
Just accept that this is a poorly thought-out suggestion.
The intentions are good. The suggestion is bad. You're also not doing yourself any favours by coming at anyone who downvotes your suggestion in such an aggressive manner.

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
You'd have to be more than a little closed minded to think that the entire server is going to come to a grinding halt every single time a raid or a breach occurs. There are many things happening at once and this system just wouldn't work.
The intentions are good. The suggestion is bad. You're also not doing yourself any favours by coming at anyone who downvotes your suggestion in such an aggressive manner.
their could just be a range within 50 metres of an scp or a ci problem solved lol

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
also its because these people are rude to me and get my suggestions denied on a daily basis

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
we dont deny your suggestions but if a mass amount of people say its bad then its bad
non of their reasons why my suggesion is bad were valid tho instead of helping me refine my idea they just said it was flawed without offering any solution to make the suggestion better and would rather people just crossfire rdm forever no constructive criticism just pure toxicity

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
non of their reasons why my suggesion is bad were valid tho instead of helping me refine my idea they just said it was flawed without offering any solution to make the suggestion better and would rather people just crossfire rdm forever no constructive criticism just pure toxicity
They were plenty valid.

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
They were plenty valid.
they all basically just said making it harder for people to crossfire rdm is a bad idea and mentioned how it could effect other rp when i said it would only activate during breaches and raids and that it was only as punishment for specific indivduals that crossfire constantly no more than 5 percent of the server so tell me why its a bad idea to stop people from constantly crossfire rdming by lowering their damage oh wait you cant and the only reason you dont want it implemented is because you want to get away with rdm and this would make it harder because then you couldnt say it was an accident because you would have to shoot them a lot of times ive been crossfired on purpose just 4 times today just today you all need to be stopped

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
They were plenty valid.
i just want their damage to be lowered to the exact point where they can still kill others easily but they cant say it was an accident because they would have more than enough time to stop so it can be proven that they are infact doing it on purpose so they can be warned for rdm

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
-support
no we don't need that because it will make no sense and just dump in my opinion
no it will prevent them being able to say they did it by accident preventing a massive amount of rdm daily over just one month lowering repeat offenders damage will probably prevent over 1000 rdms

There has been scenarios that some players behave like "The main character" and tried to kill the SCP while there is a literal firing line behind him.
Crossfires happen often due to bad positioning or priority dmg/kill on the SCP. Like you can always respawn and run back it only takes a 2 minute walk from the barracks to the HCZ gate anyway.

Harold Hawks

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
You’re blowing this waaay out of proportion imo. You’re stepping in front of the SCP when there’s guys on the other side I guarantee because I don’t see cross firing happen nearly as much as you’re making it sound.
This seems unnecessary and like a waste of time for coders, respectfully.

-Support

Also you’re trying to sell your idea to these people so you shouldn’t get upset at them man. Different strokes for different folks, try to understand where everyone else is coming from. There isn’t a conspiracy to continue an RDM-fest during breaches I assure you.

Your suggestion is basically saying "I keep dying to crossfire, it happens so frequently that it is most likely RDM" if you keep getting killed over and over and it most likely isnt crossfire and you have proof report it to staff, this doesnt happen to anyone else so either it isnt a real issue or it is something only happening to you based on the way you play, (hint if you do dumb shit like running infront of a firing line you will get crossfired).

-support :skull:

verybobby

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Oct 10, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @samhartley,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. While the thought is appreciated, this is unneeded and would take too much time to implement. Crossfire, while annoying, can be avoided.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.